picture/schematic - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old September 18th, 2007, 12:35 PM
Matthew McGee

I'm restoring my defender and need a picture of the area where the bulkhead mounts to the frame. I can't find a schematic of it on the net. I just need to see if there are any spacers/washers that allow everything to go back together properly; a few milimeteres here and there can make a huge difference.

Any non smart ass help is appreciated.

Old September 18th, 2007, 02:16 PM
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team
If you've got as far as realizing that its a few millimeters that makes all the difference, then you truly have all the understanding of the situation you need. After that, its trial and error.

When I was putting my truck back together (after swapping chassis) I bolted down the tub and then installed the bulkhead, doors, and fenders based on that. In the end, I feel I should have installed a spacer between the tub and mounting tabs - just a couple mm's would have been great. As it is, I have to shim my door strikers out farther than I like. The number of washers used between the chassis and bulkhead is trial and error.

The primary mistake I made was assuming that it would be OK to base everything off the tub position. In fact it takes more finesse and ability to finely position the panels.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat