Personal???? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old November 28th, 2006, 03:22 AM
lynchee
Dennis Lynch
94 D90 #699

Personal????

So I was driving home from work(I am a bartender) and I heard this noise in the front of my truck. I pulled over and the first thing I thought was that my hood wasn't latched. On the way to the hood I pushed on my wheel. Sure enough someone had loosened all of the lugs on my front tire to the point that I could rattle the wheel back and forth. I think I must have pissed someone off at work by shutting them off or something like that, but I figured I would ask if anyone has had anything wierd done to their truck? I would sure love to catch the person, or have them have the balls to confront me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 28th, 2006, 06:15 AM
oldscratchggf
nate
95 d90

My truck has been pissed and spit on numerous times. I just thank god that it has been pissed ON, not IN. Also, the first week I got the truck, before anyone even knew I had it, before I even had it registered, it got keyed in my own driveway. It blends in with the scratches from off road, but still... the principle of it.

Follow-up Post:

I neglected to read the last line of what you wrote... Quite frankly, I doubt that anyone who stoops to that level would have the balls to say anything to your face. It makes me think of this one kid I encountered at a party last summer that sprayed beer all over my D90 interior, creating a sticky, smelly mess. Everyone knew it was him, I mean, the kid has had a beef with me for the past 5 years over a girl I dated back in senior year of high school, and he has always had all sorts of shit to talk behind my back... but whenever I confront him, like I did with this beer incident, he just sheepishly denies everything
Old November 28th, 2006, 08:39 AM
rover4x4
Phillip
1995 SW #487/500

Registry
I worry about the same things when I have to leave the ol girl out in a parking lot or somewhere over night. there are so many haters in the world. SO far so good... The loose lug nuts is a bit much i hope you could find out who did it or could have caught them in the act. All that being said they must of been plotting against you, I dont think most folks have the tools to handle Defender lug nuts..
Advertisement

Old November 28th, 2006, 09:08 AM
JBurt
Jesse McCoy
'89 RRC SWB (needs work)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rover4x4
All that being said they must of been plotting against you, I dont think most folks have the tools to handle Defender lug nuts..
I'll agree with that, unless you've got a breaker bar with socket just hanging out in the truck...

I think everybody with a nice vehicle has had it messed with. I watched my roommate in hunting boots and champion shorts (yep, imagine that site) at 3am knocking on someone's windsheild with a softball bat after they started pulling on accessorries on his car. Oddly, no one got out to confront him about it either.

I would find random pieces of trash in mine (never had the top on), but most everyone was respectful to it at work or home.
Old November 28th, 2006, 09:32 AM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

Its a long shot but I have seen it happen that if you had recently been wheeling, the lugs may have worked loose. Just a reminder to check those lugs when wheeling every now and then.

Please email one of the current MODs if you need assistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lriwater: As you know, most wives don't like Series trucks due to the ride and lack of creature comforts. Girlfriends seem to like those, but some sort of magic happens during the wedding ceremony.
[/size]
Old November 28th, 2006, 10:03 AM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

"the lugs may have worked loose"

This happens. Especially if you have a bad wheel bearing. Jack the wheel up and see if it is loose. Also, if it has been off, they sometimes work loose over a week or two and you have to retighten.
Old November 28th, 2006, 01:06 PM
waveridin1959
Brian Jones
1995 D-90 ST #2892

Registry
You just don't mess with a man's vehicle. It is just wrong.

“Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together… mass hysteria!”
Old November 28th, 2006, 01:24 PM
DJ Menasco
DJ Menasco
#500/500

Wow. If someone really did tamper with your lugs that's pretty bad. You could have been seriously hurt.

I've been "doored" here and there. Even had my friends piss on my tires (but mostly on themselves), but never anything as bad as removing lugs.
Old November 28th, 2006, 02:50 PM
themaxx
Ade
94 ST

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by lynchee
So I was driving home from work(I am a bartender) and I heard this noise in the front of my truck. I pulled over and the first thing I thought was that my hood wasn't latched. On the way to the hood I pushed on my wheel. Sure enough someone had loosened all of the lugs on my front tire to the point that I could rattle the wheel back and forth. I think I must have pissed someone off at work by shutting them off or something like that, but I figured I would ask if anyone has had anything wierd done to their truck? I would sure love to catch the person, or have them have the balls to confront me.
Bartender??? Who's girlfriend or wife are you sleeping with? Or did you give some bad advice?

In all seriousness, if you're pretty sure they weren't loosened due to offroad activities, I wouldn't let this go, you could have been hurt or hurt someone else. Also, it's possible that someone might have been trying to jack your tires too.
Old November 28th, 2006, 04:20 PM
thewap
Marc
'95 D90 SW#106

Registry
sounds like it might have been a truck /wheel heist gone wrong.. bastads..
Old November 28th, 2006, 06:31 PM
steinhnj
Neil Steinhagen
1990 Perentie GS

For a practicle joke on the submarine, we would put some black grease or pression blue (blue die) on the eyepiece. Then when the guy got off the scope he would have a black or blue eye for about a week. Wouldn't that be neat to put some on your lugnuts (or something equivalent). That way if he tries it again and is dumb enough to come back to the bar, you could spot his stained hands a mile away.
Old November 28th, 2006, 08:11 PM
gtg067i
Christian Shea
1997 Defender 90 Wagon

Not the same... but figured I would share. Over the weekend my girlfriend drove my D90 since I was slightly inibriated, she forgot to lock the driver door. Some sonofabitch must have just pulled every door in the lot till it opened stole my digital camera, xikar cigar cutter, and my bookbag. Come to find out he ditched the bookbag with about $1000 in law school books but keeps the $200 camera and $20 cutter. Also not quite smart enough to figure out where the stereo/changer was or my laptop hidden in the clothes hamper. I'd like to kill the SOB
Old November 28th, 2006, 09:08 PM
ChicagoDon
Don Johnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldscratchggf

I neglected to read the last line of what you wrote... Quite frankly, I doubt that anyone who stoops to that level would have the balls to say anything to your face. It makes me think of this one kid I encountered at a party last summer that sprayed beer all over my D90 interior, creating a sticky, smelly mess. Everyone knew it was him, I mean, the kid has had a beef with me for the past 5 years over a girl I dated back in senior year of high school, and he has always had all sorts of shit to talk behind my back... but whenever I confront him, like I did with this beer incident, he just sheepishly denies everything
I was in a very similar situation, some stupid kid hated me from high school and still had a beef decided to kick the pass. side door of my D2 while he was leaving a party where i had it parked in the driveway at. He was too stupid to realize that I was throwing the party and the 2 guys at the door saw him do it. When I confronted him, he denied it. Next day while he was working I went and pulled all but 1 lug nut off of all of his wheels. I put the 16 nuts i pulled off in a bag that said, better luck next time fucker! Moral of the story, I popped the dent out by pulling my door pannel and it looks fine now, hes dumb and called a towtruck.
Old November 29th, 2006, 10:59 PM
sheki
David Shechter
97' D90 SW 2.8L diesel

shortly after I bought my current 90, prior to 90% of the modifications, I had my front DS wheel come off. The lugs were loose and as I was pulling over the investigate the odd noise the front wheel went rolling past me. I had extra lugs in the truck and after chasing the wheel for 200 yards down hill, it was 12am, I was able to put the wheel back on. Still don't know if someone was messing with the wheel or it just came loose.
My new favorite revenge, although I have yet to do it, is to pull the valve out of the stem. This will take all the air out of a tire in seconds and not allow the tire to be inflated unless the valve is replaced. I own a commercial building on a residential block and like to go into work on the weekends, I often find cars parked in front of the driveway. I have been so tempted to pull the stems and leave a note letting them know I have air for sale. So far I've just had them vehicles ticketed.
A wang is another word for, you guessed it, A DICK!

Nothing racist, just pure DICK!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat