Part Number Cross Reference Database - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old December 11th, 2003, 11:25 PM
mlepisto
Mika
Defender

Part Number Cross Reference Database

I've built this just recently (mostly for my own enjoyment/learning, etc) and thought it might be a useful site if others contributed.

In a nutshell, it lets you search for the LR part number or by description and returns any matches to OE/aftermarket parts with part nubmer. Useful if you don't want to buy an "genuine" EGR modulator filter just to receive a MANN filter in the LR box and find out you paid $8 just to visit the friendly dealer parts guys.

http://www.partnumberreference.com

Break it and let me know what needs fixing. I deliberately made it so you can only insert (not update/delete) because I didn't want to a) bother with user security and b) allow someone malicious to delete or empty a bunch of fields.

There's a whopping 3 parts in there now (search for "err" and you'll see a couple if you want to) soon to be another couple.

If its useful, pass it along to your friends. Right now its good for nothing cause there isn't anything in it, but if everyone uploads a few every now and again it will turn to be useful I'm sure.

Mika Lepisto
www.lepisto.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 12th, 2003, 12:39 AM
souza
Dave Souza
1995 Defender 90 SW #275

There is a part substitution table on this site, under Tech Articles.. that might be a good start to get some entries in there.

Great idea, btw...
Old December 12th, 2003, 08:43 AM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

I rather like that Mika. Would you consider expanding it for use here on this site?

Also, nice D127! Please feel free to send in some pictures and info and I will be glad to add you to the owners section if you like!

Please email one of the current MODs if you need assistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lriwater: As you know, most wives don't like Series trucks due to the ride and lack of creature comforts. Girlfriends seem to like those, but some sort of magic happens during the wedding ceremony.
[/size]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 12th, 2003, 11:21 AM
mlepisto
Mika
Defender

Quote:
Originally posted by chrisvonc
I rather like that Mika. Would you consider expanding it for use here on this site?
Sure. What do you have in mind?

Quote:
Also, nice D127! Please feel free to send in some pictures and info and I will be glad to add you to the owners section if you like!
Wow! You mean an honorary 90 owner?
So how would I go about sending the pics in? Or can you just grab them off my site?

Here's one I like of the 127:
http://www.mikaincorporated.com/gall...opy_front2.jpg

Its a 1991 127 "Rapier" ex MOD missle tractor. I used to have the papers with all the info as to where it was stationed, etc but that went with it when I sold it. 3.5v8 with twin SU carbs, and LT85.

I don't have the 127 anymore though, and i miss it! It wasn't really practical for a daily driver especially because I need to haul stuff around inside the truck and keep it protected from the rain (and it rains a lot up here) so I ended up trading it on the 110 I have now. I wish I would have had the space and dough to keep it!

Here's the 110:
http://www.mikaincorporated.com/temp/110.jpg
http://www.mikaincorporated.com/temp/110_2.jpg

I'd made this a while back with abit of info about both:
http://rover.lepisto.com
Old December 12th, 2003, 01:08 PM
pcarey
Peter Carey
'93 NAS Defender 110 #322

Here's a list I think off of dweb for a bit ago for Napa replacement parts.
Says they are for a 96 Discovery but I know some cross over. I don't have time this week to put it all in though, sorry.

pwc
Attached Files
File Type: zip rover_napa_list-28842.zip (3.1 KB, 175 views)
Old December 16th, 2003, 10:00 AM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

Mika, sorry for not cathing your reply sooner.

First off, there are many Series and 110 owners in the Bio section so you are definatly more than welcome! I can grab pictures from the links you provided. I will email this week for other info for the bio as well as the Part Cross Referance DB.

Peter, thank you for that ZIP file. I will check on Discoweb to see if thats where it came from and if they have it posted, I will make sure that they are OK with me adding the info from it to this site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lriwater: As you know, most wives don't like Series trucks due to the ride and lack of creature comforts. Girlfriends seem to like those, but some sort of magic happens during the wedding ceremony.
[/size]
Old December 16th, 2003, 10:39 AM
pcarey
Peter Carey
'93 NAS Defender 110 #322

Hay Chris,
I might have worded that wrong. It came from a normal post and was originally included as a .doc file I think, if that helps you narrow it down. It was in the Non-Tech section I think back around October.

pwc

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old December 16th, 2003, 10:48 AM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

Ahh.. ok. Thats a little differant as I didnt want to just take something they may have published in a section. I will see if I can locate the source.

Quote:
[/size]
Old December 19th, 2003, 12:52 AM
mlepisto
Mika
Defender

Okay. If you don't get a response to the email, try me again. My spam filter is getting more and more agressive these days.

Mika

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
part