Panagea Expeditions.... - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old March 2nd, 2006, 01:43 PM
Rover- Girl

Question Panagea Expeditions....

I have recently orderd a new & complete set of OME from Panagea Expedition.
I had send them a check almost a month ago.
I started to send Emails and called them on several acations about my Order.
First they told me the OME kit is on back-order ( which they did not mentiond over the phone when I placed the order originally ).
I was told that they had contacted ARP directly to "Drop Ship" my order from there warehouse ( insted of waiting for them to get it in & then send it to me ) I was also told that I should have my package by the end of the week ( that was last week )...well.. nothing came, but I didn't want to jump the gun & give them the benefit of the daubt (sp) !
I waited and waited and finally decited to call them ( after sending several Emails first of course)again..
Now I was told that they ( I assume ARP )had a proplem with my address and could not deliver but he would check on the proplem, reconfirmed my shipping address and call me back THAT SAME EVENING !!
This conversation took place two days ago. They never returned my call
Again, have tried to call them this afternoon and got no answer other than there mashine.
I feel like I am getting the runarround, empty promisses ect.
I have alot of patiance ( well maybe not alot but enough ) but this shit is getting old.
What do you all think I should do !!??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 2nd, 2006, 02:05 PM
Mike Hippert
D-90Slut/Stalker,SNLPres
94 D-90 Grinding Rover

Call them again tell them you want to know when you are going to recive your shipment, if they don't know when then ask for your money back and tell them you want totake your bussiness elseware, and see where that gets you. Anytime I have ordered something from someone and the part was on backorder they told me either up front or they called me back that day when they found out it was on backorder, they also would not charge me until they could send me the part.

I hate getting the run around!
Old March 2nd, 2006, 02:21 PM
Eric Siepmann
Eric W. Siepmann
1997 Defender 90 SW

ARB drop ships and there have been occassions when they are not available. I was going to order a set from EE but John told me straight up they were on backorder with no estimated delivery time and therefore I had to wait.

EwS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 2nd, 2006, 03:32 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
I too have had a recent lousy experience with Pangaea. I've done business with them in the past and have been happy, but then I go and make a big purchase and have a heck of a time. They are really unresponsive, which is tragic since I can tolerate all sorts of delays and issues as long as someone is keeping me up to date. I'm done with them.
Old March 2nd, 2006, 04:11 PM
Dfndr90
Matt Wunderle
1995 Defender 90

I have had nothing but positive responses with Nate at Panagea. I have ordered several things from them in the past. He always gives me free shipping for being a D-90 member, and the only time there was a problem he shipped the parts overnight at his own expense. Remember, that it's a one man show, sometimes things happen. I would order from Nate again without question.

Matt...

P.S. I ordered my OME lift from him also.

P.P.S, can you say Smiley overload in these posts!!!
Old March 2nd, 2006, 04:22 PM
Rod Hayward
Rod Hayward
95 D90 Green #2288

I placed an oder with them back in october-november-ish, the date has become hazy with time....
I ordered some things I wanted for christmas presents. They didn't arrive on time and, in fact, have yet to arrive.
Here's the thing:
I had to call him to find out what was going on. And you're right, they are hard to get ahold of. I sent an e-mail last week and have yet to get a response.

The problem as I see it is that some of the people who sell rover stuff aren't full time rover stuff sellers. Perhaps there isn't enough business in rovers for them to do it full time. The result is we can either take our business elsewhere, or put up with less quality customer service than we are used to in most of our day to day dealings with full time businesses.

I recall this company being mentioned in the past by people who post here. I think they were people who live nearby and may know him personally. They spoke favorably about the company and the guy who runs it -if that helps any.

When I see a well put together internet site with lots of products offered for sale, I expect that they actually are available for sale. If the business is less than a full time venture it would be nice if they would be up front about it so we would have a better idea what to expect.

I don't know what I will do about my order, but I do know I'm not likely to get a call from them asking...
Old March 2nd, 2006, 08:33 PM
shawom
mitchell shaw
95 ST #2066

Ditto on the Smiley overload!!

Also, Rover Girl discover spell check for goodness sake.
Old March 2nd, 2006, 09:13 PM
read
Read Kerlin
'94 w/ POE HT

Christine,

Pangaea has always struck me as a very small operation with a very nice web site. Small operation = less stock on hand it's that simple. Although, one would hope that along with the small operation you would get better and more personal service.

sorry to here about your situation. Best of luck.

Mitchell,

Does it really matter about the smilies? Do you have anything to contribute to this discussion about Pangaea other than a spelling check?
Old March 2nd, 2006, 11:37 PM
Seanh
Sean Hanagan
94 D90 ST #910 Matilda

My experience with Nathan was excellent. I purchased the OME kit from him and he actually delivered them himself because he was going to be in the neighborhood. Cheers to Nathan and sorry to hear about your situation Rover Girl.
Old March 2nd, 2006, 11:49 PM
pangaea
Nathan Hindman
95 Discovery, D130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rover- Girl
I have recently orderd a new & complete set of OME from Panagea Expedition.
I had send them a check almost a month ago.
I started to send Emails and called them on several acations about my Order.
First they told me the OME kit is on back-order ( which they did not mentiond over the phone when I placed the order originally ).
I was told that they had contacted ARP directly to "Drop Ship" my order from there warehouse ( insted of waiting for them to get it in & then send it to me ) I was also told that I should have my package by the end of the week ( that was last week )...well.. nothing came, but I didn't want to jump the gun & give them the benefit of the daubt (sp) !
I waited and waited and finally decited to call them ( after sending several Emails first of course)again..
Now I was told that they ( I assume ARP )had a proplem with my address and could not deliver but he would check on the proplem, reconfirmed my shipping address and call me back THAT SAME EVENING !!
This conversation took place two days ago. They never returned my call
Again, have tried to call them this afternoon and got no answer other than there mashine.
I feel like I am getting the runarround, empty promisses ect.
I have alot of patiance ( well maybe not alot but enough ) but this shit is getting old.
What do you all think I should do !!??
A friend of mine called me this evening and gave me a heads up that this was on D-90.com. And thought that I would take a minute to respond:

Christine,

First off, let me say that I'm sorry that it has taken a while to get back to you on your order. I sent them a bad address, and it didn't get sent out from them. After I got off the phone with you on Wed afternoon, I called them, gave them the address that I confirmed with you and had them ship it out 3-day air, at my expense.

I intended to give you a call today, and let you know this, but I had a bad reaction from an allergy shot this morning at my allergist this morning and got to spend most of the day doing tests, taking drugs and staying "under observation".

I will give you a call tomorrow and with the tracking number from ARB so that you can keep an eye on the package, which should be there on Monday.

Again, I'm very sorry for the delay. I messed on the drop ship and will make good with you.

To everyone else: I'm sorry if anything else has slipped through the cracks. Pangaea is essentially a one man operation. It has experienced massive growth over the past few months, and while I appreciate the business that everyone has given me, it has been a bit overwhelming, and it seems like I run out of hours at the end of the day.

I've been taking some steps recently to try to alleviate the problems that this has caused, and hope to be able to roll out a major solution next week.

Thanks,
Nathan

Follow-up Post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Hippert
Anytime I have ordered something from someone and the part was on backorder they told me either up front or they called me back that day when they found out it was on backorder, they also would not charge me until they could send me the part.
Pangaea actually has a strict policy of not charging people for product or parts until the day the order is shipping out. I try to run the company under the golden rule, "do unto others as you would have them do unto you." Personally, I think its crap when someone charges you for a product that is on back order.

This particular situation, however, was unique in that payment was procured by way of a money order.
Old March 3rd, 2006, 01:45 AM
Hans
Hans Haase
The D-90.com Lab Rat

Boy, I can't remember the last time I've seen a resolution like this. Glad to see it all worked out in the end.

I've been in the same situation in the past as a business owner, so I know how tough it can be when you hit a certain growth point. Can't keep doing things the old way, can't afford yet to make the changes you know are needed, and it just gets rough for a while. Hope the growing pains start improving for you.

-Hans

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
My 100k stopped odometer fix

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Brace for impact, I'm in a "modifying mood". Massive thread count inbound.
Old March 3rd, 2006, 01:47 AM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
Thanks for weighing in Nate - I sympathize with your issues. Please get things organized so you can communicate with your customers better and please resolve my outstanding issue so that I can once again recommend your business!
Old March 3rd, 2006, 08:13 AM
Mike Hippert
D-90Slut/Stalker,SNLPres
94 D-90 Grinding Rover

Nathen, glad to see you posted and have tried to clear things up.
Old March 3rd, 2006, 12:49 PM
Rover- Girl

I just got off the phone with Nathan.
Got my Tracking # for my package and held a
very nice conversation with him.

Nathan, thanks for your honesty & resolving this matter.
Nathan has shown to be a man of integrety and great carrecter!
I will be back to order from Pangaea!
Thanks and have a DAY !!!!!!
Old March 3rd, 2006, 02:04 PM
revor
Keith Kreutzer
Old beat up 110
D-90 Source Vendor

"Nathan has shown to be a man of integrety and great carrecter"

He's a character all right!!!

Big, Red and ... aaa Red..
Old March 3rd, 2006, 02:09 PM
Rover- Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by revor
"Nathan has shown to be a man of integrety and great carrecter"

He's a character all right!!!
Ahhh, SO THAT'S HOW YOU SPELL THAT........gezzz, thanks Revor
Old March 3rd, 2006, 09:04 PM
Rod Hayward
Rod Hayward
95 D90 Green #2288

After reading of Christine's plight, and then seeing that JimC had a problem as well, I decided Nate must be a "bad guy to deal with." I sent Nate an email directing him to cancel my order. This morning he promptly emailed back to me -"No problem...Consider it done."

It saddens me that a prompt response to my previous email would likely have me still wishing to be a customer, trying to support a somewhat local vendor that sells the things I like to buy.

No one likes their laundry aired in public, and my point isn't to rag on Nate. His rapid response here, and it's sincerity, give me the impression that he is a good guy that cares about the reputation of his company. Any of us in business, who give a shit, know all too well that pit of your stomach fear that I might not live up to a customer's expectations.

My point is that today at work I redoubled my own efforts to communicate with my customers, large and small, so I might avoid similar misunderstandings....and I know I did a better job.

Cheers, Nate.

Now it's back to the garage for me where a cold beer, and a rover in pieces, await me!
Old March 3rd, 2006, 09:33 PM
snuffer
Randy Black
'95 D 90 SW

Good job Nate.
Old March 4th, 2006, 11:17 AM
Rover- Girl

As previously stated, I finally received my shipment as promised. Not in the timely manner that I had expected but, as explained by Nate my address was incorrectly forwarded for the drop shipment. I appreciate Nate's honesty and his attempt in resolving his error by upgrading my shipment to "air" for quicker delivery. I believe that prompt communication with customer base will help in alleviating uncertainties and questions about the status of merchandise. Nate, I thank you and hope your communication can keep pace with business demand, it's ultimately dependant upon it for a good reputation. Thanks again.
Old March 9th, 2006, 02:06 AM
Method PHX
Brent Frazier
D130

Is it such a crime for our Land Rover vendors to emulate the very vehicles they support? Slow, unreliable, inneficient..... but we love them anyway. Nathan's a good guy. I had the pleasure of wheelin with him about 5 years ago.

Now if the boxes came with an oil leak, that's pushing it.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
expedition