paddock spares and shipping - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old September 16th, 2013, 05:40 PM
Ben01
Ben
Defender

paddock spares and shipping

Does anyone have a person they deal with at Paddock?

I ordered a small part two weeks ago that weighs about 6 ounces and they can't seem to give me a shipping price less than 40GBP.

I called today and the rep kept trying to convince me it was a good price for shipping. Is this normal for them?

------ Follow up post added September 16th, 2013 05:41 PM ------

Paddock seems to be the only place that carries what I want.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 16th, 2013, 05:43 PM
Z.G
Zack
300Tdi 95 D1

Registry
What is the item?
Old September 16th, 2013, 05:46 PM
Ben01
Ben
Defender

http://www.paddockspares.com/media/c.../kbx4111_1.jpg

------ Follow up post added September 16th, 2013 05:47 PM ------

They are not very quick to cancel my order either. Very annoyed. Today was the first day I had time to call.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 16th, 2013, 11:47 PM
sonoronos
Ed
None

Registry
did you try lucky8?
Old September 17th, 2013, 01:32 AM
broadstone
Chris
'84 CSW 90 '74 NADA III '97 CSW 110

Registry
http://simmonites.com/Defender%20exterior.htm That shipping quote seems very excessive in my opinion. I see it as a padded envelope type item and shipping for no more than 15 pounds. try these guys. And don't be afraid to tell Paddocks to suck it! They are good at sucking. I have sworn off them completely after a 5 month process to get a defective part (their words) returned and to get a refund. A few quid more for true customer service and not having to chase up your order most times like I usually had to do is the way to go in my opinion. However for orders placed within the U.K. they are much better at getting things right I have found.
Old September 17th, 2013, 07:28 AM
Overlander
mark kellgren
in between D's in an 04 D2

Registry
Rovahfarm can order anything you want and have it dropped shipped from UK if it's not on hand for very little. You are not limited with them to what they have on their site.

I used paddocks once and they were just amazingly slow and even giving me a shipping quote, not to mention actually shipping.

ISIL and al qaeda can go F*ck themselves...
Old September 17th, 2013, 08:10 AM
Abrooks
Tony Brooks

Agreed, Paddock's slow, expensive shipping and absolute refusal to stand behind their products sent me to other vendors. Rovahfarm is great for the things I was getting from overseas.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old September 17th, 2013, 08:57 AM
ArmyRover
Bill Ski
83 110 "Frankenstein"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonoronos View Post
did you try lucky8?
x2 give Justin a call I believe he offers KBX parts. Of course right now with the conclave going on might be a bad time lol

Unknown Author

716-898-8153
Old September 17th, 2013, 11:47 AM
Ben01
Ben
Defender

Thanks guys. I had actually found the part with Simmonites last night. For some reason it did not come up on the initial google search I did a month ago at this point.

The vent fell off or someone stole it and I am just looking to replace it...never imagined such a hassle. I order from the UK all the time and never have these problems. I feel like I am dealing with some guy on ebay who only offers local pickup!

I filed a claim with my credit card. That should straighten it out.

Just FYI, it seems Paddocks mainly offers Britpart as the aftermarket parts option. I have had horrible luck with Britpart parts in the past.

I order mainly from Britcar and LRSeries but they don't offer KBX products.
Old September 25th, 2013, 12:11 PM
Ben01
Ben
Defender

Funny, simmonites gave me a price of 11gbp to ship the same item via registered air mail.
Old September 25th, 2013, 12:18 PM
tjfslaughter
thomas
Burbon

When shipping to the NE for parts that need to come from EU I have found that RimmerBros is very fast. If I get up early enough in the morning I have the parts the next day on my doorstep. The shipping is very cheap!
Old September 25th, 2013, 12:37 PM
Ben01
Ben
Defender

UPS packages usually come in through JFK so I get most things from Britcar and LRSeries the next day. It figures that the most unnecessary and stupid part would be the most troublesome to get over here!
Old September 25th, 2013, 12:55 PM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben01 View Post
Does anyone have a person they deal with at Paddock?

I ordered a small part two weeks ago that weighs about 6 ounces and they can't seem to give me a shipping price less than 40GBP.

I called today and the rep kept trying to convince me it was a good price for shipping. Is this normal for them?

------ Follow up post added September 16th, 2013 05:41 PM ------

Paddock seems to be the only place that carries what I want.

I ordered two later style blade fuse boxes to replace early glass tube type fuse bozes. Two fuse boxes cost 5gbp to ship and I had them 4 days later. That was last week.

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Vehicle Shipment and Importation Service
Restoration & Modification work

Old September 25th, 2013, 01:15 PM
Bill Larson
Bill Larson
97 D90 SW

I just ordered a few "Non Essential" items from RimmerBros...lets see how long it takes...
Old September 25th, 2013, 01:22 PM
Ben01
Ben
Defender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Douglas View Post
I ordered two later style blade fuse boxes to replace early glass tube type fuse bozes. Two fuse boxes cost 5gbp to ship and I had them 4 days later. That was last week.
From Paddock?

Not sure why they gave me such a hard time, but it seems to be fairly common with them from what I have read on other forums. I can't remember the last time I had to file a claim with my credit card.
Old September 25th, 2013, 03:20 PM
psykokid
Jake
1997 Disco

I went to order a set of HD track rods from them for the disco.. Price looked good, figured shipping couldnt be that much. Would be cheaper ordering from them and paying for shipping than buying them domestically from what i had found in looking around. Placed the order late Sunday night here/ early Monday morning there. Didnt get a shipping quote till Wednesday.. Shipping was almost as much as the track rods themselves. Decided to cancel the order and had to wait a couple more days for my refund to be issued.

Conversly, I've ordered from L.R.Series before and went A LOT smoother.. Placed the order late on a sunday, had a shipping quote by the time I woke up with a new total ready to go in the shopping cart. Went the cheapest route for shipping since i wasn't in a hurry, had the parts first thing Friday morning here on the west coast...

Old September 26th, 2013, 09:55 PM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben01 View Post
From Paddock?

Not sure why they gave me such a hard time, but it seems to be fairly common with them from what I have read on other forums. I can't remember the last time I had to file a claim with my credit card.
yep but I order from them 30 times a year for 5 plus years

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Vehicle Shipment and Importation Service
Restoration & Modification work

Old October 4th, 2013, 12:01 AM
Bill Larson
Bill Larson
97 D90 SW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Larson View Post
I just ordered a few "Non Essential" items from RimmerBros...lets see how long it takes...
Placed the order with Rimmer on the 25th...the charges just hit my bank account today. I am not optimistic about receiving any product soon...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
shipping, spare