Pacific Custom Land Rovers - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old October 30th, 2008, 04:47 PM
Mark W Wood
Mark Wood
97SW,94ST,89 110,73SIII

Pacific Custom Land Rovers

Has anyone done business with Richard Creed over at Pacific Custom Land Rovers in British Columbia?

I paid for seats covered with Exmoor leather back in April and have only received one so far. He has offered up a litany of contradictory reasons/excuses for the delays. I have listed a complaint with IC3 and the better business bureau but have little hope for a quick resolution.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 30th, 2008, 04:49 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
I've heard of people refusing to do business with him and not wanting trucks he has imported/sold. I've never dealt with him myself.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old October 30th, 2008, 09:05 PM
Red90
John B.
1991 Defender 90, 200TDI
Site Team

Registry
There have been some very bad stories coming out of that company. I've not had a problem myself, but I know someone who has taken them to court over a vehicle purchase. It was very, very bad.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 31st, 2008, 12:47 PM
akfisher
robert hall
95 d-90sw

be glad you are only into him for the exmoor seats. i am afraid you have little chance at getting your money back or getting the remaining seat. i currently have a court case pending against him in BC due to his slimy behavior and my stupidity in trusting him.
Old October 31st, 2008, 11:00 PM
tomaco1
T.mac
83 110

Registry
Doesn't he run a business under another name also?
Old November 4th, 2008, 01:40 PM
Mark W Wood
Mark Wood
97SW,94ST,89 110,73SIII

Some sort of Yacht service, very time I can't get ahold of him he says he is out on the water.
Old November 4th, 2008, 03:26 PM
GYM
Gary
97 SW

Mark;
His website says he's in Vancouver BC. If the issue is shipping, I'd be willing to meet him at the I-5 border crossing and pick it up for you.

I'm bringing a couple of Brand X engines down to Palm Springs in a few weeks and could drop the seat by your house...
Old November 4th, 2008, 04:39 PM
Mark W Wood
Mark Wood
97SW,94ST,89 110,73SIII

Hey Garth,

I don't think that shipping is the current issue. He (Richard) doesn't seem to be able to come up with the product in order for it to be shipped. I have however sent him an email regarding your generous offer and will let you know if he responds in a timely fashion.

M Wood
Old November 5th, 2008, 01:19 AM
akfisher
robert hall
95 d-90sw

mark, i dont mean to screw the pooch on your deal but i have given mr creeds name to the USDOT regarding his illegal importation of vehicles into the US. they say they will invesigate and possibly his name will go on a watch list at all borders/ports so anything he ships to the US will go under extra scrutiny. hopefully you'll get your seat before any of this happens.
Old November 6th, 2008, 04:55 PM
Mark W Wood
Mark Wood
97SW,94ST,89 110,73SIII

Robert,

Maybe the extra heat will help speed him up, although past experience with him shows that this just gives him additional excuses for non-performance. He is still assuring me that he will get my seat and money to me....
Old November 16th, 2010, 11:14 AM
DonFromWhitby
Don Andrews
'94 NAS D90 #CDN-80, 2011 LR4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark W Wood View Post
Robert,

Maybe the extra heat will help speed him up, although past experience with him shows that this just gives him additional excuses for non-performance. He is still assuring me that he will get my seat and money to me....

Did you ever get your extra seat?
Old November 16th, 2010, 04:47 PM
akfisher
robert hall
95 d-90sw

i dont know if mark got his seat but i did "win" my court case against mr creed. it was a court ordered mediation and it took all of about five minutes. after hearing the evidence the mediators response was "why are we here?" and he told creed to pay up. so i eventually got my deposit back minus legal fees and court costs. if anyone else from the US needs to collect a debt in canada i can recommend a good legal firm in vancouver.
Old November 16th, 2010, 05:02 PM
D90user
steve
109/110 ambulance-55 series I

Quote:
Originally Posted by akfisher View Post
i dont know if mark got his seat but i did "win" my court case against mr creed. it was a court ordered mediation and it took all of about five minutes. after hearing the evidence the mediators response was "why are we here?" and he told creed to pay up. so i eventually got my deposit back minus legal fees and court costs. if anyone else from the US needs to collect a debt in canada i can recommend a good legal firm in vancouver.

Glad you got your $$ back. Would you mind elaborating on your experience now that it is resolved?
Old November 16th, 2010, 05:27 PM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Richard Creed and Creed Evans two to avoid

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Vehicle Shipment and Importation Service
Restoration & Modification work

Old November 16th, 2010, 05:32 PM
woldd90
Scott
1997 D90 ST #1444
Site Team

One of his trucks ended up here in GA... Shawn Palmer and I checked it out... Looked great from 20ft. Inside, there was a lot of shoddy work. The truck was put together from old pieces of other trucks, and titled as a 2005 Land Rover.

Old November 17th, 2010, 01:55 PM
akfisher
robert hall
95 d-90sw

d90user,
i detailed my exploits as a newbie here
http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...ad.php?t=21080

i'm glad i didnt give up after that, enjoying my current LEGAL d-90sw
Old November 19th, 2010, 05:14 AM
smenzel
Sandro
1967 Series IIA

I'm not positive but I'm pretty sure I tried to buy a pair of Exmoor Trim seats from this fellow several years ago. We met at the Vancouver (Van Dusen) All British Field Meet and discussed my buying seats from him. He's a friend of a friend and seemed alright. I contacted him when I was ready to order the seats. The process of matching the specs I wanted with what he could get and agreeing on a price was just too much of a challenge. Every time we got close to an agreement, something would change and we would have to start all over. After a few restarts (each one resulting in a fairly significant price jump), I gave up and bought a used set of D90 seats from someone here.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
ac