Ozpig - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old September 22nd, 2016, 03:56 PM
David Short
1980 Stage One 109

Photo stolen from the Stage One BBS (yeah - there is a specific forum for Stage One owners - do not be jealous)

That little camp stove caught my eye. It is called an Ozpig - and by the name you can guess that it is an Australian piece of kit. Spend a little time on the YouTube under a search for Ozpig and you will see countless videos. I think this thing looks super legit - especially for camping several days in one spot with a goup - like the MAR. (To hell with meager two burner camp stoves !!!)

I found the USA web site - You'll love your Ozpig | Ozpig USA - Great Cooking Outdoors - and they can sell you one to your house for about $380+ - and naturally you will need to be many, many extra cool gadgets to go with it. For example - you can buy an extra chimney pipe that has an offset zig-zag bend in it that would allow you to have the pig under your awning in the rain but the exhaust back up and out higher than the canopy. ... and then there is the battery powered rotating BBQ spit.

So much want here - I will need to sell a mess of Land Rover parts to make room in the garage and cash in the wallet to get this.

1980 Stage One 109
Sterling, VA
Old September 22nd, 2016, 04:16 PM
Jeff Briggs
Antarctic Blue Super Sports Wagon
Site Team
Looks like its made from a 5 gallon propane bottle. $380 seems a bit steep, unless that Austrailian dollars, then its more like $39.95 US

Originally Posted by sonoronos View Post
sheisters gonna sheist

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat