Old July 23rd, 2014, 06:12 PM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjf View Post
Serious question. I haven't posted to any of these threads as I really have nothing to offer but this is a legitimate question.

Say I'm in an impound yard and I happen to bang a girl in one of these seized trucks. Let's just say the truck has a puma backseat. Now she gets pregnant, do I have to worry about that baby being seized? Is it actually the importer on records problem?

I really need to know before I make plans tonight.
Wait. I thought you were gay?
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(10% discount for DSource members, use coupon code "D90")

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 23rd, 2014, 06:13 PM
Z.G
Zack
300Tdi 95 D1

Registry
I'm guessing he's meeting up with Neil tonight?
Old July 23rd, 2014, 06:15 PM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanwind View Post
Wait. I thought you were gay?
I am. It makes the whole predicament even more difficult. She will be my first vaginally.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 23rd, 2014, 06:16 PM
ontheway
Dave
1986 RHD 110 SW OM617

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by go blue View Post
Many thanks for the warm welcome. I guess if someone has a view that differs with the Defender Source insiders they should be censored, assumed to be an uneducated coward, and a liar who obviously works for the government? Yikes. The events of last week will have a lasting impact on this market and folks should understand that there could be serious long lasting liabilities associated with the ownership of these vehicles.
Troll.

------ Follow up post added July 23rd, 2014 06:21 PM ------

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbornrover View Post
Just cause there is a spike in idiots and dumbass's posting on the forum doesnt mean anything. Have a little patience and they will go to the wayside like all the others that pop up from time to time. It is still a successful policy. Just take a seat, drink a 6pack and enjoy the ride.
Meh.

I deal with idiots all day... And typically enjoy the forum for relatively bullshit free knowledge and generally good spirited banter free of too many idiots. You are right, they will go away... But we make it way too easy for them to make noise in the meantime.

This forum has a low level of membership and volume relative to other auto enthusiast forums I've joined... But those higher traffic forums somehow manage to keep the idiot noise to a dull roar. Like I said... I'd be happy to donate time and I'm sure I'm not alone.

Old July 23rd, 2014, 06:25 PM
go blue
AJ
none

Uncle Doug,

I’d be interested to know if your customers are aware of the recent issues with privately imported Land Rovers? And if not, do you explain to them that the vehicle could be seized by the government at any time down the road?

I know that you think you have the whole import thing figured out, but so did the chiropractor.
Old July 23rd, 2014, 06:30 PM
javelinadave
-
-

Quote:
Uncle Doug,

I’d be interested to know if your customers are aware of the recent issues with privately imported Land Rovers? And if not, do you explain to them that the vehicle could be seized by the government at any time down the road?

I know that you think you have the whole import thing figured out, but so did the chiropractor.
It's Bill Cocks! Prepare to be sent to banned camp again. On a positive note, I'm glad you learned to use capitol letters when you type. You sound so much more edumicated.
Old July 23rd, 2014, 06:31 PM
ontheway
Dave
1986 RHD 110 SW OM617

Registry
Quote:
Uncle Doug, I’d be interested to know if your customers are aware of the recent issues with privately imported Land Rovers? And if not, do you explain to them that the vehicle could be seized by the government at any time down the road? I know that you think you have the whole import thing figured out, but so did the chiropractor.
Now deliberately calling out individuals? GFYS. That, or provide some context to your ramblings. Or both.

Old July 23rd, 2014, 06:36 PM
airbornrover
William Skidmore
SIII 109 SW

Your in the tiniest, smallest minority group on here then if you actually give two shits what trolls, idiots and the like say then. You are just a little too quick off the jump. The larger group here knows what I know and that those that are stirring the pot will be on their merry way soon enough.
If you have enough time on your hands to "censor" someone else then you have some serious control issues. Like I said take a breather and drink a case of beer, youll be better off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheway View Post
Troll.

------ Follow up post added July 23rd, 2014 06:21 PM ------

Meh.

I deal with idiots all day... And typically enjoy the forum for relatively bullshit free knowledge and generally good spirited banter free of too many idiots. You are right, they will go away... But we make it way too easy for them to make noise in the meantime.

This forum has a low level of membership and volume relative to other auto enthusiast forums I've joined... But those higher traffic forums somehow manage to keep the idiot noise to a dull roar. Like I said... I'd be happy to donate time and I'm sure I'm not alone.
Old July 23rd, 2014, 06:47 PM
Campbell
Rich Campbell
06 LR3 01DII D90s sold

Registry
Quote:
Uncle Doug,

^twat
Old July 23rd, 2014, 06:57 PM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

Go Blue are you working with the government? Answer directly please.
Old July 23rd, 2014, 06:58 PM
ontheway
Dave
1986 RHD 110 SW OM617

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by airbornrover View Post
Your in the tiniest, smallest minority group on here then if you actually give two shits what trolls, idiots and the like say then. You are just a little too quick off the jump. The larger group here knows what I know and that those that are stirring the pot will be on their merry way soon enough. If you have enough time on your hands to "censor" someone else then you have some serious control issues. Like I said take a breather and drink a case of beer, youll be better off.
Thanks for the assessment of my 'control issues'... That's really why I come here, after all... To assert control over the interweb.

You are, however, right that I need to drink more. Going to go get after that...

Old July 23rd, 2014, 07:42 PM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Uncle Doug,

You truly are clueless. The preponderance of my clients are members of this forum. The truck I mention was posted for sale here.

As far as the chiropractor, apparently he broke laws prior to December 2012 and the feds seek specific trucks that total less than half of what he imported.
The ONLY trucks sought were imported prior to Customs "crack down" in late 2012.

Since 2012, they typically take weeks to make certain every truck since that time is completely legal before granting entry. If you had taken the time to educate yourself instead of pontificating based on knowledge you think you have perhaps you would have a better understanding of what is actually going on. That said if you have nothing to contribute, why not put the key board down, instead of continuing to step on your own male parts.

My clients hire me to import vehicles they already own, and yes we do a complete due diligence on ea and every one so that there are no issues on arrival. The only trucks that might be of issue with the feds are the illegally imported ones and those are few and far between prior to 2012 and I'd venture to say none since.

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Vehicle Shipment and Importation Service
Restoration & Modification work

Old July 23rd, 2014, 08:16 PM
TeriAnn
Teriann Wakeman
1960 Dormobile

Registry
Quote:
The US customs people thought they had the whole import thing figured out too and obviously they did not or we would not be having this conversation today.

Mr. Special Agent Chris Feldman, I know that Homeland Security Investigations agency feels that every US citizen is trying to get away with breaking the law whenever possible, BUT in reality most people are law abiding citizens who are just trying to live their lives a best they can. We are not all conspiring to get away with something illegal. Almost everyone who is a regular on this forum tries to be law abiding. Some of us who try to legally import a Ninety or One Ten get taken in by unscrupulous sellers in the UK that falsify records. Those of us who do get taken in are the victims. not the criminals.

We rely upon the government to provide us with complete unambiguous regulations by which we can identify a vehicle that is legal to import. Instead we get regulations that even customs can not figure out.

We rely upon customs as being the last check to verify the legitimacy of the vehicle and to verify that the vehicle is legal bring into the United States when we might still have recourse with the seller.

Yes there are criminals out there who are trying to make a quick buck on those of us who are law abiding people who wish only to purchase a legal Land Rover. Yes it is a good idea to go after those who try to pull one over on the buyer.

Before you go after the buyer who thought he was purchasing a legal vehicle why doesn't the government get its house in order first.

Rewrite the regulations so that they are consistent and unambiguous. Into something that customs officials can read and understand. That can be used by the customs folks to verify if a vehicle is legal to import.

And perhaps you might go after some customs officials that do not do their job properly. You should not be going after the victims who purchased their vehicle in good faith under the assumption that customs officials knew what they were doing and did their job correctly.

Maybe the government should issue a collective oops and give everyone a free pass on vehicles currently in the US. Issue consistent regulations that both purchasers and customs officials can use to determine if a vehicle is legal or not. then go after vehicles that try to enter the country after the regulations have been clarified and rewritten.

It is a very upside down country then the victims are considered guilty until proven innocent. Customs is the gate keeper and is considered to be the authority as to what is legal to bring into the US.

Don't you guys have something more important to do like searching for terrorists, explosives and dealing with the open Southern border. If terrorists wanted to get into the US all they need to do is learn Spanish, fly to Mexico, walk across the border get a drivers license from states that provide them to undocumented aliens then go to a gun show and purchase weapons and ammunition. Why aren't you guys down there looking for infiltrators as opposed to hounding innocent people who got taken in by an unscrupulous seller???

Come on guy your agency's priorities are all screwed up and contrary to your belief most people are law abiding.

Stop going after the innocent victims

Old July 23rd, 2014, 08:25 PM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
On the get the house in order, suggested first item of business would be to do things the same port to port, for example use the same forms, charge the same fee's etc. Instead of the current cluster methodology that appears like the wild wild west even to insiders interacting with customs daily.

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Vehicle Shipment and Importation Service
Restoration & Modification work

Old July 23rd, 2014, 08:39 PM
The Dro
Dro
1988 Ninety

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by javelinadave View Post

It's Bill Cocks! Prepare to be sent to banned camp again. On a positive note, I'm glad you learned to use capitol letters when you type. You sound so much more edumicated.
Hey... I quoted that line today... no double dipping

Old July 24th, 2014, 03:16 AM
LuisC
Luis Constantin
98 Disvovery 1 LE

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheway View Post
Troll. ------ Follow up post added July 23rd, 2014 06:21 PM ------ Meh. I deal with idiots all day... ... .
You work for an airline also?
Old July 24th, 2014, 03:49 AM
NPT90
JT
D90 óriginalé

Registry
Quote:
Many thanks for the warm welcome. I guess if someone has a view that differs with the Defender Source insiders they should be censored, assumed to be an uneducated coward, and a liar who obviously works for the government? Yikes.
Someone who joins a forum to point out several questionable opinions and lofty facts as the last word to a group of people who live and breathe this subject should expect some resistance and criticism, no? Seriously, you haven't come in as a contributing member you just came to stir the pot.

Quote:
The events of last week will have a lasting impact on this market and folks should understand that there could be serious long lasting liabilities associated with the ownership of these vehicles.
No offense this 'event' has already been lost on the community of owners and dealers who have made it a point to stay within CBP, EPA and DOT guidelines that have been long established on this subject. Defenders are denied entry on a regular basis for not meeting these established guidelines. Conversely, defenders are imported, as Doug pointed out, everyday, legally, and are publicly offered for sale without fear of confiscation or harassment by ambitious government agencies.

The only 'lasting impact' seems to be those poor individuals who had their private property seized in a manner that would cause anyone to stop and question the methods utilized by these governing entities.

Let's just say no one likes to hear someone come out and say that this whole community is in danger of seizure by the government. Much less so when that statement seems to be rooted in some sort of misguided attempt to draw a reaction from these board members who have spent a significant amount of time gleaning information from this community on the subject to avoid such statements as you have made in this thread.

It doesn't appear you have any factual information to support your idea that any imported defender can be seized at any time by any government agency for no reason, and any reasonable person would back up a statement such as this with some relevant documentation or alarming new legislation that would allow for such agencies to overstep their intended purpose and begin operating in a manner and capacity they haven't previously.

Hence the overwhelming response that you, sir, are a troll with no skin in the game and a 14 year old method of logic. And that's not name calling because I can back it up with evidence from your previous posts.
Old July 24th, 2014, 07:05 AM
Stormer
JP
2008 RRSC

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtomchik View Post
I'm a masshole held up in RI... and I am agree he must be from CT (close to NYC, where the traffic on 95 starts)
Hey! I do not accept him into the CT fold! My money is that he's a Masshole. And I say this with all due respect as I am from there originally. :-)
Old July 24th, 2014, 07:36 AM
leastonce
Jason England
D-90 White 95 SW #65
Site Team

Registry
A little research on the fella would indicate amongst other things he runs a fund in 'investment' grade vehicles.
Cat Camping Collective founding member and Chief Executive Officer
Old July 24th, 2014, 08:21 AM
cgalpin
Charles Galpin
'94 D90 ST, '63 SeriesIIA
Site Team

Registry
Interesting. Can someone explain this fund business in a little more detail?
Quote:
Originally Posted by leastonce View Post
A little research on the fella would indicate amongst other things he runs a fund in 'investment' grade vehicles.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat