Old March 8th, 2009, 07:30 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by woldd90
A poseur is a 2 wheel drive truck that is lifted, with a rack and lights and a tire on the roof. A few of the kids in my neighborhood have the trucks their parents gave them, they buy the Yakima rack and some hella 500's (not hooked up), a pelican case or some look a like and then put the tire on the rack too.
Ok, thats poseur, tons of trucks in CA like that. With flame/skull patterned crawler tires completely worn-down from street use. Bonus poseur for chrome driveshaft.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 8th, 2009, 07:59 PM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Talking

Ok, so no lights on the roof @ all (2 on the Rockware bumper only), no jerrys on the roof, gear all inside-ie..rack only used for overflow, high lift jack kept elswhere except for wheeling weekends, no chrome anywhere, true/real off road scars to include bent up undercarriage protection.

I'm reading I escape the scorn of the faithfull ? Thank god ! I don't think I could take the ridicule.

Follow-up Post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC
I'm not even going to ask how that fell into your arsenal.

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Vehicle Shipment and Importation Service
Restoration & Modification work

Old March 8th, 2009, 08:52 PM
Negative Earth
Jonathan Hanson
1974 88
D-90 Source Vendor

Doug, no chrome anywhere?

What about your tire gauge?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 8th, 2009, 09:04 PM
rovertrader
Dale
Tithonus 110, D-90, 109 S/T 5-door

That's scarey Doug- I was going to ask Jim the same, but considerred the answers and refrained.
Oh, and my poseur pic in this month's Peterson's 4WHEEL & OFF-ROAD letters section, complete w/ jerry cans, rack, and lights :-)
Old March 8th, 2009, 09:22 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
It was on wired.com recently, and I read a lot of H.P. Lovecraft growing up.

Old March 8th, 2009, 11:54 PM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Negative Earth
Doug, no chrome anywhere?

What about your tire gauge?
its an old VDO analog gauge one, black and no chrome. My center cubby box is a custom deal made of aluminum but its not shiny so hopefully that isn't a kicker. Truck is currently covered with Virginia red clay- I let my brother drive home from the bar Thursday night and some how we ended up on some log skidder trail on a tree farm being harvested @ midnight doing four wheel drifts in high range with the turbo screaming (you can take the red neck out of the mountains but when he returns to gods country...). 10 inches of snow had melted that day so the clay was nice and soft. Letting him drive only cost me a tail light lense when we smacked a tree that refused to move out of the way quickly enough.

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Vehicle Shipment and Importation Service
Restoration & Modification work

Old March 9th, 2009, 12:12 PM
Negative Earth
Jonathan Hanson
1974 88
D-90 Source Vendor

Okay - a blacked-out tire gauge definitely eliminates poseurness. I wish you'd drive that 110 out to Prescott next month . . .

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat