Overhauling - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old May 17th, 2006, 10:09 PM
Rover- Girl

Smile Overhauling

LOVE that show ..

Does anyone else here ever watch it !?
Has anyone considered having there truck OVERHAULED by CHIP FOOSE !?
I WOULD!!...I just LOVE that guy ...and the show of course..
Hmmm... Chip Foose design....this guy is awsome
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 17th, 2006, 10:14 PM
tkavan01
Trevor K
94 d90 #1304

watched an episode, didn't like the premise that they pulled pranks like they did...
plus a d90 chopped and riding low would make me sad...

did anyone ever watch pimp my ride on mtv?: i cried when i saw they put tv's and a monster stereo in an fj40... they also threw out a perfectly good hardtop worth more then one of ours and put on a soft top!
Old May 17th, 2006, 10:46 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
The pranks make me squirm too, but Overhaulin did a sweet chevy pickup once. They gave it a great paintjob but also built it for off-road since the kid who had it was into search and rescue. The did some great stuff like building a custom full length cargo drawer and loading it with the coolest gear.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 18th, 2006, 09:35 AM
draaronr
Here
LR3

The old host Courtney sat next to me on a flight from Vegas back to the east coast, She kinda bugged me on the show, but was way hotter and flirtier in person.
Old May 18th, 2006, 09:38 AM
dave_lucas
Dave Lucas
None

I enjoy watching it from time to time and would not have a problem letting them steal one of my autos. When Chip does his designs you can tell that he listens to feedback and focuses on making a vehicle that will work for the owners needs while still being cool.

One example that comes to mind is an Early bronco that they built, it was more of a restoration with some nice modern touches. Another example was a guy that built a motor with his dad just before he passed away and they made sure to keep the motor because it had special meaning to the person.

One of the best car shows out there IMHO.
Old May 18th, 2006, 10:01 AM
Davis
Chris Davis
94 NAS D90 6.2LS

I watch the show all the time, but leave when they pull the pranks as I just hate them. That is when I do my chores. They like to do trucks that have a good story behind them like family history or the person with an obstacle to overcome, so it is not too likely that you can get choosen unless you have a good spin. I have seen a couple episodes where I really didn't think the person was getting fooled--it sure came across as they were "in on it". Doesn't matter too much, though, as I really like watching the build ups. Foose has great talent--just a fantastic artistic eye and been building most his life so he has the skill to back it up. I just wish I could even draw that good!
Old May 18th, 2006, 01:07 PM
Matt Taylor
Matt Taylor

I like that show, but the dude host irritates the hell out me. I like Foose, though.

And I miss Courtney Hansen. Sometimes I catch her on Spike in the mornings on weekends. Power block, or something?
Old May 19th, 2006, 09:11 AM
WCURoverD90
Jason Habbal
1997 Defender 90 #1104

I watch it...I would actually like to see the design Foose could come up with for a D90...Maybe it would be chopped and turn into a dub machine but just maybe he would go all out and turn it into an off road monster.....I wouldn't give him my truck but i would like to see one done...A buddy of mine just met/hung out Chip Foose and said he was a blast to hang out with for the day.

Land Rover-The Best 4x4xFar
Old May 19th, 2006, 02:28 PM
Matt Taylor
Matt Taylor

Might have been a repeat, but last night they did on old bronco pretty good -- no bling or anything. I didn't catch the whole episode because I was watching the UFC show, but the final product looked original. Looked good.
Old May 19th, 2006, 02:47 PM
ECR
East Coast Rover Co.
Just Defenders, nothing else.
D-90 Source Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by draaronr
The old host Courtney sat next to me on a flight from Vegas back to the east coast, She kinda bugged me on the show, but was way hotter and flirtier in person.
Oh man... you lucky dog.

I do not check PMs. Call or email if you need something.

ECR is not a parts source. We are not in the mail order business.
Old May 19th, 2006, 03:09 PM
draaronr
Here
LR3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECR
Oh man... you lucky dog.
Yeah we had a moment when we shared pringles. It was on the way back from the 04 Sema show.
Old May 19th, 2006, 04:08 PM
Ragland
Robert Ragland
1994 Defender 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by draaronr
Isn't it usually the reverse - they look bad and act even worse.
Old May 23rd, 2006, 06:35 PM
KeithD
Keith Duckett
90 V8 Import

Registry
I think my son has contacted Overhaulin to see if they would do my truck - though the chance of them coming up here must be zero. (it would be a ncie challenge to convert it from right to left hand drive) I skip through the pranks (PVRs rule) and just watch the car work. Chip Foose is a God. But Pimp my Ride is more amusing and some of the owners are wackos themselves.
Old May 23rd, 2006, 06:41 PM
draaronr
Here
LR3

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithD
I think my son has contacted Overhaulin to see if they would do my truck - though the chance of them coming up here must be zero. (it would be a ncie challenge to convert it from right to left hand drive) I skip through the pranks (PVRs rule) and just watch the car work. Chip Foose is a God. But Pimp my Ride is more amusing and some of the owners are wackos themselves.
I really like Unique Whips, some of the stuff on pimp my ride is ghetto. UA does some classy work, I like their interior work. I could do with some custom interior in my truck.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat