Orlando shooting :( - Page 9 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old June 15th, 2016, 05:47 PM
Overlander
mark kellgren
in between D's in an 04 D2

Registry
I'm supportive of the possibilty of a free college education for Americans, as long as its capped at 4 years, has a gpa minimum required each semester (pay out of pocket for semester below threshold..ouch! ), and most importantly, does not qualify for liberal arts! F' that free loading, basket weaving, liberals!

students wanting free liberal arts education can alternatively use their GI bill after 4 good years of service.

ISIL and al qaeda can go F*ck themselves...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 15th, 2016, 05:50 PM
tjfslaughter
thomas
Burbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overlander View Post
I'm supportive of the possibilty of a free college education for Americans, as long as its capped at 4 years, has a gpa minimum required each semester (pay out of pocket for semester below threshold..ouch! ), and most importantly, does not qualify for liberal arts! F' that free loading, basket weaving, liberals!
I agree as long as you commit to the military for 8 years.
Old June 15th, 2016, 05:51 PM
Jonesy
Craig
87 D110 (Ruby)

Registry
Catching up on this thread - some interesting views...

I would like to point out that the FBI or Govt or any Govt entity is expressly prohibited from stopping a US Citizen from purchasing a gun (any type of firearm legally able to be sold) EVEN IF THEY ARE ON THE NO FLY LIST AND A KNOWN ISIL SYMPATHIZER........Why????.....because of big $$$$$$Lobbying and in particular the NRA

I have a CCW permit - because I can - I own guns because I like them...not because I want to protect my family in case of a forced entry...shit I wouldn't have time to go the gun cabinet unlock them, put the action in and load a magazine. Instead I have a baseball bat, and a knife handy. If I go somewhere that I feel threatened enough to CC I don't go...I dont want to go to jail for shooting someone.

I also come from a country that banned all types of weapons for everyday people....there are still loopholes, and yes there are murders there - but I wholeheartedly supported that and gave up 4 rifles that had a lot of sentimental value...because it was the right thing to do.

Anyway - I wanted to voice my opinion...because I can
Advertisement

Old June 15th, 2016, 05:52 PM
Overlander
mark kellgren

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjfslaughter View Post
done! where do I sign?

Old June 15th, 2016, 05:59 PM
Ray_G
Ray Gerber
54 S1 86", 96 D1 (Coyote), 06 D3

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjfslaughter View Post
I would say 4 year contracts are about right for first termers. Absolutely no need to stretch it out to 8 and reap the misconduct, medical, and associated issues since the manpower intensive entities (i.e. Ground side) forces that would get the bulk of this idea need the turnover. It's a young man's game humping the baseplate.
Old June 15th, 2016, 06:05 PM
Sms65965
Susan
1986/Ninety

Quote:
Originally Posted by grnrvrs View Post
I don't have a dog in the pro/anti gun fight. I just like data.

A quick crunch of CDC Mortality data in 2014:

Assault by handgun discharge: 680

Assault by rifle, shotgun and larger firearm discharge: 319

Intentional self-harm by handgun discharge: 5352

Intentional self-harm by rifle, shotgun and larger firearm discharge: 3027

Drowning and submersion while in swimming-pool: 528

There's more than one way or place to drown as well; you listed several data points related to firearms but not drowning, including near drowning (lakes, rivers, ocean, boating incidents, scuba diving, and other water sports).
Old June 15th, 2016, 06:07 PM
javelinadave
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesy View Post
Catching up on this thread - some interesting views...

I would like to point out that the FBI or Govt or any Govt entity is expressly prohibited from stopping a US Citizen from purchasing a gun (any type of firearm legally able to be sold) EVEN IF THEY ARE ON THE NO FLY LIST AND A KNOWN ISIL SYMPATHIZER........Why????.....because of big $$$$$$Lobbying and in particular the NRA
I'll bet the NRA doesn't want watch list people buying guns. My money is on the ACLU saying that being on the watch list isn't a crime so they should be able to exercise their Second Amendment rights. The NRA isn't the villain here despite what our condescending, lecturing president told you last night.
Old June 15th, 2016, 06:25 PM
Jonesy
Craig
87 D110 (Ruby)

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by javelinadave View Post
I'll bet the NRA doesn't want watch list people buying guns. My money is on the ACLU saying that being on the watch list isn't a crime so they should be able to exercise their Second Amendment rights. The NRA isn't the villain here despite what our condescending, lecturing president told you last night.
Well he is hopefully going to change things - he has had 12 state dinners in his 8yrs, and has had 16 press meetings for mass shootings. No matter which way you look at it its wrong that bad people have access to firearms. Oh he is meeting with the NRA....not the ACLU (at this time). I just condone changing the law - keeping guns out of the hands of the bad guys.
Old June 15th, 2016, 06:44 PM
LostChord
Brian
86 D110 SW

Registry
Quote:
I just condone changing the law - keeping guns out of the hands of the bad guys.
I don't believe any law has or will accomplish this. And yes, there are many interesting viewpoints in this thread. Imagine how many there are at an organization like the FBI. Couple that with a condescending oval office that wants to lecture the citizenry on use of phrases like radical islam, along with the buffoons on both sides of the aisle, and pretty soon, restricting constitutional rights via a non-judicial process, based on a moving definition of terrorism and opinion, will be stretched to places never intended by many who are proponents of such an idea today (and indeed intended by many others.)

At any rate, and while respectful of other opinions, I do not believe this is a gun rights issue.
Old June 15th, 2016, 06:57 PM
javelinadave
-
-

Quote:
Well he is hopefully going to change things - he has had 12 state dinners in his 8yrs, and has had 16 press meetings for mass shootings. No matter which way you look at it its wrong that bad people have access to firearms. Oh he is meeting with the NRA....not the ACLU (at this time). I just condone changing the law - keeping guns out of the hands of the bad guys.
I'm all for keeping guns out of the wrong hands and for punishing people for not following the laws. Lets not forget that we had an Attorney General who armed a large portion of the Mexican drug cartel trying to "create a reason" to ban gun. Remember Fast & Furious and BTW nobody was prosecuted for this illegal action. Then you have the feds NOT prosecuting gun crimes in Chicago because of ???? We had Obama's war on cops and the withholding of MilSurp items because of ???? Then you have my favorite hypocrite Leland Yee (D) sentenced to 5 years for what you and I would have spent the rest of our life in prison for doing what he did.
There are several common threads in this BS and all Obama wants to do is to force his anti gun agenda on the people of this country. His anger towards the NRA and Trump should have been projected elsewhere but in the words of his buddy Rahm Emanual:

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	70
Size:	160.0 KB
ID:	152026  
Old June 15th, 2016, 07:36 PM
Scottyoh
Enigma RnR
'87 127"
D-90 Source Vendor

Westboro Baptist folks have arrived. Had a few friends post pics on Facebook from their side of town.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old June 15th, 2016, 08:16 PM
cwilder
Chad
2012 110 Black

Registry
? for you guys, why does this seem to happen in our country at a significantly higher rate than other modern countries? No other country has mass shootings every time you turn around and certainly have a list as to why we should all be armed. Yes I have guns and don't think that right should be taken away I just can't understand why we can't find common ground. Heck even Bill O'reilly is now in favor.
2013 Raptor F150 SVT
1997 D-90 #1867 (sold) :(
2012 Black 110 :) In OZ still
2011 LR4 "Metropolis" (sold) :(
2011 Raptor F150 SVT (sold) :(
2007 Shelby GT500 (sold)
2007 LR3 (sold)
2006 RRS (sold)
Old June 15th, 2016, 08:31 PM
down_shift
Russell
94' D90 ST & 06' LR3

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by javelinadave View Post
I'm all for keeping guns out of the wrong hands and for punishing people for not following the laws. Lets not forget that we had an Attorney General who armed a large portion of the Mexican drug cartel trying to "create a reason" to ban gun. Remember Fast & Furious and BTW nobody was prosecuted for this illegal action. Then you have the feds NOT prosecuting gun crimes in Chicago because of ???? We had Obama's war on cops and the withholding of MilSurp items because of ???? Then you have my favorite hypocrite Leland Yee (D) sentenced to 5 years for what you and I would have spent the rest of our life in prison for doing what he did. There are several common threads in this BS and all Obama wants to do is to force his anti gun agenda on the people of this country. His anger towards the NRA and Trump should have been projected elsewhere but in the words of his buddy Rahm Emanual:
Orlando had a CC off-duty cop who engaged. The biased chart needs updating. Don't forget CC paranoid buffoons like this: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crim...icle-1.1978021
Old June 15th, 2016, 09:10 PM
javelinadave
-
-

I'm not sure how that is a mass shooting.
Old June 15th, 2016, 09:19 PM
RBBailey
RBBailey
1965 IIa

Registry
From the moment the first info on the shooter started coming out, I wondered how in the world did this guy still have the ability to buy firearms without raising alarms? Why didn't the current laws in place, and the fact that he had been looked into several times, raise red flags at the counter, and send an alert to the FBI?

I took this photo from the still-active Facebook page of the shooter's father.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	orlando.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	30.4 KB
ID:	152027  

1965 IIa SWB
1988 Saudi 110 (soon to be 300tdi)
Old June 15th, 2016, 09:27 PM
Overlander
mark kellgren

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by RBBailey View Post
From the moment the first info on the shooter started coming out, I wondered how in the world did this guy still have the ability to buy firearms without raising alarms? Why didn't the current laws in place, and the fact that he had been looked into several times, raise red flags at the counter, and send an alert to the FBI?

I took this photo from the still-active Facebook page of the shooter's father.
I read that the shooter made the 911 call during the shooting from a free Obama cell phone. He also was confirmed as a registered Florida democrat and his wife told police they contributed to Hillary's campaign.

Google is the wind beneath your wings my precious little rumour! Now get in that search engine and fly!

Old June 15th, 2016, 09:38 PM
RBBailey
RBBailey
1965 IIa

Registry
facebook.com/seddique.mateen

Not a rumor, you can go look it up yourself. There are more than just that.

1965 IIa SWB
1988 Saudi 110 (soon to be 300tdi)
Old June 15th, 2016, 09:45 PM
Nomar
Jeff B
RR HNTR,RR LWB Tdi

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwilder View Post
? for you guys, why does this seem to happen in our country at a significantly higher rate than other modern countries? No other country has mass shootings .

Seriously??
The US doesnt even come close to the record kill.

November 2015 Paris= 130 killed
July 2011 Norway= 77 killed
Sep 2013 Kenya shopping mall= 67 killed

That's just a quick search.

Real Rovers have round headlights!
Rent my
!
Just a few miles from 4x4 access!
Old June 15th, 2016, 10:09 PM
Jonesy
Craig
87 D110 (Ruby)

Registry
well...i guess this sums it up...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graph...gs-in-america/
Old June 15th, 2016, 10:09 PM
Overlander
mark kellgren

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by RBBailey View Post
facebook.com/seddique.mateen

Not a rumor, you can go look it up yourself. There are more than just that.
no. I'm trying to start my own rumor. seriously.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat