Orange Crush (Kermit) - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old November 7th, 2014, 12:20 PM
Ken K
1993 Defender 110
Orange Crush (Kermit)

I am considering the purchase of #73/500 1993 D110 (VIN SALDH1285PA918150). It looks like this was Kermits years ago, but it has gone a ground up restoration, including engine. This includes the trailer. Does anyone know who may have completed the restoration or any other info on this vehicle? Here is a link to the current description and photos: Thanks for your replies.

Old November 7th, 2014, 12:28 PM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor
Pretty sure Jim/Pendy in Kansas did some of the work on the truck for Kermit.

Pendy Import
1218 East Concord Road
Andover, KS 67002
Phone: (316) 775-9391

Good judgement comes from experience,experience comes from bad judgement.

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Land Rover Shipment and Importation Service
Bespoke Restoration & Modification work
Old November 7th, 2014, 02:29 PM
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes
I wouldn't really call it a restoration so much as I'd call it a respray in a terrible color with some new body panels/(bondo?). If you Google the VIN the discussion on that truck on this board comes up. Additional old discussions come up if you search kermit here. The guy who "restored" it (i.e. magically the odometer reset) doesn't have the best reputation here - his username is jonathon. This truck had sustained substantial hail damage and had been totalled at least once if I'm recalling correctly - I would never pay that type of money ($100k) for a salvaged (potentially twice salvaged) 110, especially if some guy who does not have any build reputation (jonathon) did the work. Classic Car Gallery at least updated their eBay ad the last time to indicate that the true miles are now unknown (it had well over 200k way back in 2005 when Kermit owned it) - something jonathon never did - although the ad on their website does not indicate the same.

Ad from TX before jonathon bought it:

Originally Posted by eBay February 2012

The ENGINE in above description is INCORRECT and was autofilled from the specs noted by the VIN. Vehicle has been converted to a 300 TDI! I purchased this a couple of years ago from the original owner. It runs and drives great but my interests have moved in other directions and she deserves someone who will put her to better use! Exact mileage is unknown because the vehicle was converted to the coveted 300 TDI diesel & R380 transmission around 1999. Seats have been upgraded to leather Range Rover seats both front & rear. Rearmost jumpseats have been removed but will be included with purchase.Full-sized spare is now on the hood or 'bonnet' and the wheels/tires on the trailer are fully interchangeable if you get in a bind in the backwoods!The vehicle operates in full-time 4wd and has a fully locking transfer case and ARB lockers front & rear for serious conditions.The nerf bars are air-tank capable and a power welder & air compressor are located under the passenger seat.300 TDI diesel engineR380 transmissionFront & Rear ARB air lockersRange Rover leather interiorRear interior diamond platedTuffy locking consoleFront expedition bumper/brush guard with winch & Kinetic recovery lineRear expedition bumper with receiver hitchFull safari roof rack with 20g auxiliary fuel tank7 Hella off road lamps, including pencil beam in the middleRear roof mounted work lampSnorkle200 amp alternatorPower welderRear auxiliary AC unitBack seat auxiliary heaterRear spare tire cover hides a hidden rear storage box Matching chuck wagon trailer was built from a another RoverFully articulated hitch for offroadingOversized tires & rims match Defender and can be swapped to vehicle in case of emergencyFresh water tankSinkPropane clampStove topand extrasThis thing has it all! I am a motivated seller with clear title, don't hesitate to contact me with questions, serious offers, etc.I reserve the right to end the auction early should this sell through other channels.
and then jonathon bought it and it miraculously only had 19k miles:

Originally Posted by trumphair View Post
That was quick....and now it's only got a low 19k miles on it! Miraculous.
from this thread:
Originally Posted by bjf View Post
I am talking purely from an aesthetics standpoint.
Old July 14th, 2016, 08:00 AM
'93 NAS 110, '94 NAS ST, '85 90 PU
And the truck is back on eBay; clean title per the item description.
Old July 14th, 2016, 08:14 AM
72 + D1 drivetrain
Land Rover Defender G 4 | eBay

He he look at the mini me series trailer pics 23-24 on eBay
Old July 14th, 2016, 08:39 AM
keith humphreys
aka: Mr Fancy Pants
it looks better in CT than now. what did they do to the dash???

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat