Opinion on an '95 ST - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old February 1st, 2011, 06:16 PM
Bajavet
Mike Copenhaver
'94 D90 ST

Opinion on an '95 ST

Hello everyone. I am new to the board and new to Defenders. I have been doing quite a bit of research and have been trying to locate and buy a D90 for about a month now. I thoought I had a deal on a Tdi but ending up losing it. My intended us is for a second vehicle and to do some moderate off roading in the mountains of Tennessee.
I found this one http://www.lakenormanimports.com/veh...Carolina-28037 which seems pretty clean but does have an accident on its record in 'o2 with moderate damage. It seems to be priced a little high but I would very much appreciate some opinions.

Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 1st, 2011, 06:45 PM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

There is a nice green ST that was just listed for sale. Slightly higher price but nicer and no accident damage
Old February 1st, 2011, 08:13 PM
Bajavet
Mike Copenhaver
'94 D90 ST

Thanks for the input Barry. That looks like a nice D90. I am trying to stay a little closer to home. In the last two weeks I've tried to buy a D90 in both Arizona and California, and lost out on both of them because I could't be there the next day with cash in hand to purchase. In both cases I offered to fly out and be there in 2-3 days with cash in hand but that wasn't quick enough. I am starting to get a little frustrated with the long distance buying.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 1st, 2011, 08:14 PM
woldd90
Scott
1997 D90 ST #1444
Site Team

Take your time, take the emotion out of it until you sign the paperwork.

Old February 1st, 2011, 09:11 PM
Bajavet
Mike Copenhaver
'94 D90 ST

Taking the emotion out of it is easier said than done. I tried going slow on the first one. I was doing my due diligence and research. Then, I had an inspection done and while waiting for the results of the inspection I lost the purchase. I'll keep trying though. Nobody seems to be too excited about this D90, so maybe I'll let it go.
Old February 1st, 2011, 09:58 PM
ssbartley1
Steve Bartley
1997 SW #160

Registry
I know the feeling, I looked for months, with the help of my best friend and a dealer....and the same thing would happen....find a nice truck....get it inspected....someone would buy it. Damn. Eventually though....I got the right truck for me...and the wait was worth it.
"Walk tall, kick ass, learn to speak Arabic, love music and never forget you come from a long line of truth seekers, lovers and warriors."
- Hunter S. Thompson
Old February 1st, 2011, 10:20 PM
NoVaKevin
Kevin
sold#1469

Not only do you need to find the truck which is hard to do, you will need to find an honest seller too. Fuck the seller that let's you get it inspected and pulls the rug from beneath you. Then again, you gotta pull the trigger fast because they don't know what deal will fall thru. My suggestions: have cash or financing lined up, do a lot more research of what to look closely at in pictures so you can send a deposit asap, and have the G4 fueled up and on standby at all times , know if you want a stock or buuilt one, a 94,95, or a 97, badger top or original, ST, SW, etc.

It took me a few years, but I had a small budget and missed out on a couple too. I determined cali was out of the question, but the ones there are usually in great shape, and the one I bought spent most of its life there.
Old February 1st, 2011, 10:21 PM
specops1526
Brian
Beluga '97 90

Why consider a truck with accident damage, no matter how small, unless the price is crazy low (even then, there are no deals on rovers, no matter what). There are plenty of good trucks out there. You may as well consider one of those.

-->
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Beluga 97 D-90
Chawton 04 DII SE
Tangiers 04 DII G4
Old February 2nd, 2011, 07:33 PM
Bajavet
Mike Copenhaver
'94 D90 ST

Thank you for all of the info. I agree with everything that you all have said. I now have a line on a'97 sw Limited Edition with 60k on it. No corrosion and price is 29,000. Appears very clean in photos. According to Carfax it sat in Colorado without being driven until 2001. I had it inspected today and found out the rear main is leaking and the head gaskets are leaking a small amount of oil. Any opinions on this one?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags