Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old April 25th, 2014, 04:30 PM
85Red110
Kent
1985 110 3-door

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by werewolf View Post
psst.. I am shipping the car under MY US CUSTOMS bond.. there I am required by NC DMV law to title in MY dealer name.. you are NOT a lic dealer uncle doug.. and do NOT know anything about how to do this LEGALLY.. ever think this might be the whole PROBLEM with the first Land rover getting SEIZED>. I suggest you let michael bax inspect and also pay him. when LR is delvered to him. in NL and he see the NL title and every thing matches. and the LR runs and drives and is NOT a rust bucket.. later bc
Not too sure you're going to win this battle Mr. Cox, so if you really want to help and chip away at the apparent bad reputation you've earned within this community - and mind you, I don't know you from Adam since I'm a relative rookie around here - you can donate some or all of the money you would be spending on the shipping of the truck toward the overall cause/build. It would, in effect, be just as significant, while at the same time alleviating the nervous feelings everyone seems to have at the thought of letting you do the shipment.

This might do away with all the negativity that is plaguing these threads. Just my two cents.

Kent
Advertisement

Old April 25th, 2014, 04:31 PM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
Constructive instead of destructive comments/discussion, please. thanks.
Old April 25th, 2014, 04:51 PM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
psst.. I am shipping the car under MY US CUSTOMS bond.. there I am required by NC DMV law to title in MY dealer name.. you are NOT a lic dealer uncle doug.. and do NOT know anything about how to do this LEGALLY.. ever think this might be the whole PROBLEM with the first Land rover getting SEIZED>. I suggest you let michael bax inspect and also pay him. when LR is delvered to him. in NL and he see the NL title and every thing matches. and the LR runs and drives and is NOT a rust bucket.. later bc
Bill I have had enough of your crap. I am not a dealer because I don't sell cars, nor do I have any desire or need to be a used car dealer. I know exactly how to do this legally and have many hundreds of times, over 500 times in fact. The shipment is not bonded under your bond, the commercial entry is, apparently you are not even up to speed enough to know/understand that. I handle bonded imports for several of the dealers who frequent this forum so I do know both sides of the coin. Importing vehicles and being a used car dealer would only be required if I was running the type of business Aaron was, and you now are. I was encouraged to file a civil suit against you by the criminal investigator with Motor Vehicles here in Virginia for slander and wasting his time. He was offering to testify against you and encouraging me to file suit against you here. Perhaps you should worry more about your own actions. A war of import knowledge or reputation is not one you will win here nor anywhere else with me.

The point being made above was that there is no need to ship it in YOUR name so it won't need to be bonded and that also alleviates everyone's concerns with putting ownership of this or any vehicle in your name. Perhaps you should learn a bit more about the different ways to legally import vehicles than the singular method you have some experience with.

Kent's truck was not seized on import you twat, it was seized as evidence after it had been here for over a year because of where it was sitting to have modification work done when the authorities came in with a warrant.

Johan has been buying selling and trading with members of this forum for years and his reputation stands for itself.

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Vehicle Shipment and Importation Service
Restoration & Modification work

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 25th, 2014, 05:00 PM
85Red110
Kent
1985 110 3-door

Registry
[/QUOTE]Kent's truck was not seized on import you twat, it was seized after it had been here for over a year because of where it was sitting to have work done when the authorities came in with a warrant.[/QUOTE]

Not to get off topic, or to focus on matters of negligible importance, but some parties might be interested to know that I had owned the truck for nearly 3 years at the time it was seized. Purely a technicality, I'm sure, and Doug ' s point still stands, nonetheless...
Old April 25th, 2014, 05:05 PM
werewolf
bill cox
1985 110 defender

uncle dougie. I have imported cars for over FORTY years now..you a mere FOUR years.. I do NOT have any cars being held by CBP.. do you?? later bc
Old April 25th, 2014, 05:11 PM
NPT90
JT
D90 óriginalé

Registry
http://media1.giphy.com/media/GQnsaAWZ8ty00/giphy.gif
Old April 25th, 2014, 05:11 PM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Kent- Customs typically has a 12 mos look back on imported vehicles. Its not a written law I have found and I have looked, but has been verbally relayed to me by officers , as practice. The rationale for that is pretty evident with what happens to most imports after entry. This is all makes but Land Rovers are a great example why, many in the first 12 mos they are here for example often see complete deconstruction, left hand drive conversions, engine swaps etc. After 12 mos here its nearly impossible to say what was done after arrival and what was done prior to import.

------ Follow up post added April 25th, 2014 05:16 PM ------

Quote:
uncle dougie. I have imported cars for over FORTY years now..you a mere FOUR years.. I do NOT have any cars being held by CBP.. do you?? later bc
4 years ? Where did you pull that from ? I have been dealing with grey market imports since the 1980's which by my math is over 3 decades. I have done over 500 90's/110's since they became eligible for entry in January 2008, which even if that were the limit of my experience, which it's not, is into 7 years. Reading, writing and arithmetic weren't your thing obviously.
No I do not have any vehicles held by Customs in my or my company name.

Dividing Creek Imports

Old April 25th, 2014, 05:17 PM
werewolf
bill cox
1985 110 defender

uncle.. doug quite correct about the 12 months with CBP ..BUT CBP can do what they want NOW.. just ask the Dr.??I have a way I do my imports.. if you all do NOT like my way.. step up and pay for it YOURSELF and YOU import it AND pay for it... end of story.. later bc
Old April 25th, 2014, 05:35 PM
Azarur
AZ
LR 1984 110

Gents

Once again. This is not the thread for this. Take it to PM. This is for two things: 1. Constructive ideas on how to get a platform to build a new truck for Kent and 2. People willing to pledge money, parts and labor for 1. Anything else should be elsewhere.
Old April 25th, 2014, 05:35 PM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
I have zero issue with how you do what you do. You are an insect to me. It is you who apparently has the problem. Go back and read your own posts man. I have said nothing about how or what you do, because I don't care. You on the other hand have attempted to discredit me for months. A practice that has backfired in your face horribly, repeatedly. I suggest you learn from your mistakes, take a deep breath, and enjoy the forum, if that's possible

Its a great forum as is exemplified by this very thread where members want to get a guy down on his luck a replacement defender. Try being a decent guy as suggested to you by a couple dozen folks @ this point.

Dividing Creek Imports

Old April 25th, 2014, 05:38 PM
javelinadave
-
-

If you are sick of destruction bill cox's posts are causing to this community please click on the in the upper right hand corner of his posts and let the mods know how you feel.
I also encourage Uncle Doug to find a good lawyer and to pursue legal action against bill cox.
Enough is enough.
Old April 25th, 2014, 05:41 PM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azarur View Post
Gents

Once again. This is not the thread for this. Take it to PM. This is for two things: 1. Constructive ideas on how to get a platform to build a new truck for Kent and 2. People willing to pledge money, parts and labor for 1. Anything else should be elsewhere.
Agreed. Its damn difficult not to respond to professional provocation on a public forum.

Dividing Creek Imports

Old April 25th, 2014, 05:43 PM
werewolf
bill cox
1985 110 defender

ok update.. craig is willing to buy the land rover after.. the inspection in NL. and I am willing to pay the ocean freight..in FULL ect. and I will get NC title for him,, . do NOT add you thoughts if you are NOT paying for any of this.. This project to get kent another Land rover.. end of story.. bc
Old April 25th, 2014, 05:47 PM
Jonesy
Craig
87 D110 (Ruby)

Registry
I have spoken with Johan, here is where we stand. I will buy the truck from him, he can help get it imported on his side by getting it delivered, but we/I would have to pay for the fees to do it. I could import it in my name, title do everything etc, pay taxes in VA to title it etc and then sell it to Kent for $1

He could then have the truck in his name, legally imported etc.

Big issue is how to get it imported - obviously there are a couple of ways. So, do we think we can get enough $$$ together to take Doug up on his offer? Doug will handle all the paperwork and has arranged for it to be done a lot cheaper than normal. Personally, even though Mr Cox and I have chatted a number of times today I have never met him. Doug on the other hand I know him, his family and his brother - he is beyond reproach - I would take Doug up on his offer if it was my truck. So I have no trust issues at all with Doug.

Mr Cox on the other hand has offered to pay for everything - thereby negating the need to raise the funds to ship it.

As it is not going to be my truck and we need to raise $$$ to ship it, I guess those who donate get to choose? It is quite the quandary.
Old April 25th, 2014, 05:51 PM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by javelinadave View Post
If you are sick of destruction bill cox's posts are causing to this community please click on the in the upper right hand corner of his posts and let the mods know how you feel.
Done!

Quote:
I also encourage Uncle Doug to find a good lawyer and to pursue legal action against bill cox.
Enough is enough.
Agreed. Doug is a man of great character, and an upstanding member of the community. Goes out of his way to help folks on the board, myself included on numerous occasions. Why he has to constantly be slandered on here (erroneously might I add) is a mystery to me.
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

(10% discount for DSource members, use coupon code "D90")

Old April 25th, 2014, 05:56 PM
Viggen
Jarrod
none

Quote:
Enough is enough.
You and I both know no one gets banned around here. If that was not true, the root of this particular thread would not still be a member on here. If he were to get banned, it would be just another forum this clown is no longer allowed to participate in. He is well know, infamous perhaps a better word, in the Mini world.

Also, legal action seems a bit dramatic? Action over what? A forum pissing match? Anyone who spends two minutes on here knows that Doug is good and reliable. No one is going to pay attention to someone who begins posts with "pssst" and lacks the ability to type anything close to grammatically correct. Tough to take a "business" seriously when they present themselves this way.

On a positive side, I really hope that this works out.
Old April 25th, 2014, 06:01 PM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Post 163

Dividing Creek Imports

Old April 25th, 2014, 06:04 PM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viggen View Post
Also, legal action seems a bit dramatic? Action over what? A forum pissing match? Anyone who spends two minutes on here knows that Doug is good and reliable. No one is going to pay attention to someone who begins posts with "pssst" and lacks the ability to type anything close to grammatically correct. Tough to take a "business" seriously when they present themselves this way.

On a positive side, I really hope that this works out.
Not quite just a forum pissing match...Doug was forced to deal with a false report filed (by guess who?) with (I believe) VA DMV, who then paid him a visit and he had to spend time clearing up the situation. In the end, all was sorted out and the agent agreed to testify on Doug's behalf if need be. I wouldn't call that just a pissing match.
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

(10% discount for DSource members, use coupon code "D90")

Old April 25th, 2014, 06:09 PM
85Red110
Kent
1985 110 3-door

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Douglas View Post
Kent- Customs typically has a 12 mos look back on imported vehicles. Its not a written law I have found and I have looked, but has been verbally relayed to me by officers , as practice. The rationale for that is pretty evident with what happens to most imports after entry. This is all makes but Land Rovers are a great example why, many in the first 12 mos they are here for example often see complete deconstruction, left hand drive conversions, engine swaps etc. After 12 mos here its nearly impossible to say what was done after arrival and what was done prior to import.
My initial reaction, before I remembered who is the party with the authority to decide my trucks fate....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dc2fd6da2c741a3b2f6ae5fcf700e06fafe43267ea271579118ef4292ffb25c6.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	29.4 KB
ID:	93619  
Old April 25th, 2014, 06:10 PM
Viggen
Jarrod
none

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Douglas View Post
Post 163
Just saw that. What a fucking joke this guy is.

So he better understands:
psssssstttt... go away.. nobody wants, or likes, you here..

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
110, ac, d110