Operation Get Kent aka 85Red110 His Truck Back!!! - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old April 17th, 2014, 04:13 PM
Jymmiejamz
Jimmy
1995 D90 SW #365

Registry
I'd be happy to help out with labor as time permits.
Advertisement

Old April 17th, 2014, 04:45 PM
GaryBaxter
Gary Baxter
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azarur View Post
I have every lawyer that works for me doing two things: (1) seeing if anyone in the law firms that deal with customs and DHS will agree to take his case pro-bono or agree to work for promise of future fees from us and (2) going over the letter he sent his SR to edit and send to people at state department and the senate oversight committee on homeland security.

If we do not get a lawyer to take on the case pro-bono then we could pitch in a bit of money to at least get a lawyer to take upon the initial consultation and force DHS to give a timeline.

Either way I pledge the seats, doors and LT77 tranny that are coming out of my truck over the next couple of months.
I will contribute financially to help out a former active duty service member mired in his own government's bureaucratic BS.
Old April 17th, 2014, 05:24 PM
mgreenspan
Matthew Greenspan
Land Rovers

Registry
You guys and your good wills are impressive coming up with all these ideas to help him out. I applaud that. Even other places like Safari HP with no association whatsoever. Very impressive.

That said, holy turning a blind eye.

How about the shop and owner that it was seized from man up and replace it(physically or financially)? The dude is continuing to do business and making substantial earnings. And there seems to be noone willing to touch on this subject.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 17th, 2014, 06:29 PM
Azarur
AZ
LR 1984 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddymow View Post
Yoyu are a good man.

No I'm not. Not really better than your average guy. It's simple common decency. It makes me sick that guys like Kent are halfway across the planet putting their lives at risk on our behalf and we welcome them back by taking their truck away. WTF!! On top of that, some idiots on this very community have the nerve to post derisive comments. Anything other than sympathy and support for him, and others like him, is simply a lack of human quality.
Old April 17th, 2014, 06:35 PM
85Red110
Kent
1985 110 3-door

Registry
Gentlemen,

I posted this message in the "Rover Bust in NC" thread already, but I guess I can say it here too.

To the fine gentlemen of this community,

Reading through this thread, especially the past day or two, I nearly got choked up from all the discussion about helping me get my truck back or build a new one. Ive said it before, but it really cannot be overstated how amazing the members of this community are. As generous and kind as it would be to donate parts toward a build, I dont think I could accept it. I still have hope that my truck will make its way back to me, but if not, there will be options to set things right. There will be responsible parties, and I definitely wont be one of them.

With all the difficulties I have been through in recent years, I believe the best medicine (and education) for me would be to see this through to the end and put in the work to get back to where I need to be, even if that means losing my truck along the way. Not having my 110 right now is only a small piece of my life that has caused me grief. My priority since coming home from Iraq in October has been to focus on my career among other personal matters. This bail bondsman opportunity that fell into my lap last month has picked my spirits up, and I think I will enjoy it. I took the licensing course, and, as of today actually, I am a fully licensed VA bondsman. The progress feels good.

However, because of this new job I have started, I cant make it to Happy Hour tonight. The rookie gets the night shift. Oh well. Drink one for me, boys.

Again, I cannot thank you guys enough for the generosity you have showed. Hopefully, making it to an event in my truck one day and buying you all a round will be a start.

Kent
Old April 17th, 2014, 06:45 PM
BlackField
Oscar
D110

It could be a loaner until you get your truck back? Then the Defender Source will have a Community Defender that could be used for other purposes.

I can jump in and help Bill with the wiring.
Old April 17th, 2014, 07:07 PM
werewolf
bill cox
1985 110 defender

the best of the best CBP attorney . Robert Targ in miami. at www.diazreus.com
Old April 17th, 2014, 07:10 PM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
I've got a pile a NAS 90 parts sitting at SHP he can have, including a good 3.9.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Semper Fi!
Old April 17th, 2014, 08:01 PM
hillstrubl
Danny
2005 Disco 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overlander View Post
as mentioned in other thread, I'll contribute door cards and a 10 spline 3rd member. I might still have the front axles too, and maybe the CVs
I have a set of 3:54 open 3rds I can donate to the cause. Either the 3rds themselves or they're for sale and he can have the proceeds.
Old April 17th, 2014, 08:04 PM
Jymmiejamz
Jimmy
1995 D90 SW #365

Registry
Don't worry guys, Bill Cox has got this.
Old April 17th, 2014, 08:19 PM
mgreenspan
Matthew Greenspan
Land Rovers

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azarur View Post
! On top of that, some idiots on this very community have the nerve to post derisive comments. Anything other than sympathy and support for him, and others like him, is simply a lack of human quality.
Are there comments like that in this thread? Everybody seems fairly supportive. Or are you referring to the other thread?
Old April 17th, 2014, 08:31 PM
Azarur
AZ
LR 1984 110

Yup. The other thread.
Old April 17th, 2014, 09:17 PM
ArmyRover
Bill Ski
83 110 "Frankenstein"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgreenspan View Post
You guys and your good wills are impressive coming up with all these ideas to help him out. I applaud that. Even other places like Safari HP with no association whatsoever. Very impressive.

That said, holy turning a blind eye.

How about the shop and owner that it was seized from man up and replace it(physically or financially)? The dude is continuing to do business and making substantial earnings. And there seems to be noone willing to touch on this subject.

While I agree with you, why not keep this thread positive and bash that person in the other thread

Unknown Author

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
716-898-8153
Old April 17th, 2014, 09:35 PM
ArmyRover
Bill Ski
83 110 "Frankenstein"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85Red110 View Post
Gentlemen,

I posted this message in the "Rover Bust in NC" thread already, but I guess I can say it here too.

To the fine gentlemen of this community,

Reading through this thread, especially the past day or two, I nearly got choked up from all the discussion about helping me get my truck back or build a new one. Ive said it before, but it really cannot be overstated how amazing the members of this community are. As generous and kind as it would be to donate parts toward a build, I dont think I could accept it. I still have hope that my truck will make its way back to me, but if not, there will be options to set things right. There will be responsible parties, and I definitely wont be one of them.

With all the difficulties I have been through in recent years, I believe the best medicine (and education) for me would be to see this through to the end and put in the work to get back to where I need to be, even if that means losing my truck along the way. Not having my 110 right now is only a small piece of my life that has caused me grief. My priority since coming home from Iraq in October has been to focus on my career among other personal matters. This bail bondsman opportunity that fell into my lap last month has picked my spirits up, and I think I will enjoy it. I took the licensing course, and, as of today actually, I am a fully licensed VA bondsman. The progress feels good.

However, because of this new job I have started, I cant make it to Happy Hour tonight. The rookie gets the night shift. Oh well. Drink one for me, boys.

Again, I cannot thank you guys enough for the generosity you have showed. Hopefully, making it to an event in my truck one day and buying you all a round will be a start.

Kent

Truth
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	10262159_849846015043158_1459156172941923353_n.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	46.6 KB
ID:	93251  

Unknown Author

716-898-8153
Old April 17th, 2014, 10:14 PM
Ray_G
Ray Gerber
54 S1 86", 96 D1 (Coyote), 06 D3

Registry
In, let me know how I can help.
Old April 17th, 2014, 10:19 PM
C391HAT
Zach
86 110

Don't have much but can contribute time/labor/funds
Old April 17th, 2014, 10:57 PM
cbfritz_03
Carmen
none

Kent, If you'd like to e-mail me the very descriptive and lengthy letter you wrote about what is happening to your property... I could discuss it with an attorney in my family as well as another member of my family that works with homeland security and import/export. Couldn't hurt to try and get any new information or advice... I'd like to help.
Old April 18th, 2014, 12:13 AM
85Red110
Kent
1985 110 3-door

Registry
I just wanted to let everyone know that the good doctor and I have remained in contact throughout this ordeal, sharing information (or lack thereof) that we receive from the authorities in charge of the investigation, as well as keeping in touch about our own lives. He is committed to making this situation right for all parties involved, particularly me. He agrees with me that we should take appropriate action once the investigation actually gets somewhere. He sympathizes with my situation, since the feds took several of his own personal vehicles as well. We were friends before the seizure, and remain friends today. All the generous offers made by several members of this forum to donate time/parts/money/advice is more than I could hope for, much less deserve, and I thank you from the bottom of my heart. DrAaron has made similar offers to me over the past year, and remains committed to seeing this through to the end by my side. His silence on the forums in no way means that he has turned his back on me. I just thought I should clear that up before anyone starts to think poorly of the Dr.

Thanks,

Kent
Old April 18th, 2014, 12:15 AM
pendy
jim pendleton
89'd90

Thanks for starting a thread. It seems appropriate.

It sounds like Kent would rather pursue the legal aspect of his saga at this time. In my opinion it might be best to rally around him for a legal fund. I certainly would donate some money to help see this thing get the attention it deserves.

I would nominate Will H to collect and desperse funds on our behalf collectively at Kents notions or directions to get his truck back. Will H is in that area and he seems to have a good head on his shoulders in regards to these type of matters. I have not spoken to Will H about doing this and do not know that he would. But I think it is a good idea. Maybe others here can voice there suggestions about someone to take on this responsibility. Or perhaps someone can nominate themselves to help with the collection of funds and paying the people to do the work.

On the other hand I can probably find a frame D110, 2 door CN tub and ribbed hardtop for a project if it comes to that.

Kent I would hope that you would let us all help you. If you want to take the high road and let the good doctor deal with his own problems then I think we should all follow your lead on that.

Operation Get Kent aka 85Red110 His Truck Back!!!
The "Rover bust in NC???" thread gets way off topic.

We have a member, Kent, aka 85Red110 who has had a rough go at it the past 12+ months since his truck was taken as evidence by the gov't while at the same time he was with our military, and since then things haven't gotten any better for the young man.

Let's work here on constructive ways to help a fellow brother out.

Many of you will recall that this was the last he saw of his 110.
Attached Thumbnails

Advice is only as good as the person applying it--
Don't make me give you bad advice!

Lemons or lemonaide, whatever your taste provides.
Old April 18th, 2014, 12:41 AM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Build him a truck and auction or raffle it off to pay for a legal fund.

It'd be an awesome "thumbing of the nose so to speak" if we built a truck as a community from orphan parts, paint it flat black, and give it some cool Project XX name.

Gibson Guitar did something similar with wood that was seized and later returned by the USG. They built some flat black guitars and they are their best sellers right now.

Semper Fi!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
110, ac, d110