Old June 4th, 2014, 07:47 PM
nathanwind
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jymmiejamz View Post
I know lots have offered to help out with labor, but I just had an idea, feel free to shoot it down. I know a bunch of you NOVA guys have LR3's and other newer Land Rovers, which let's be honest, they probably all need work. If there is going to be a work weekend, I could come up and do some work or some diagnosing for you and we could put the money towards Kent's build. We could do something like book time @$40/hr. I'd also be happy to come up and work on the Defender, but I figured I'd offer since newer Land Rovers are more my expertise and there could be "too many cooks in the kitchen."
Sign me up for a bank 2 cat replacement !
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(10% discount for DSource members, use coupon code "D90")

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 4th, 2014, 07:49 PM
jafir
Jafir Elkurd
Flaky Green 198something ex-mod 90

Registry
Heck for those rates, I might drive my 3 to nova....
Old July 3rd, 2014, 07:55 PM
cgalpin
Charles Galpin
'94 D90 ST, '63 SeriesIIA
Site Team

Registry
I'm sorry to say that despite the progress made so far, Greg doesn't think he can get his completed with the level of help he has been able to get. So it looks like we need to figure out a way to get it shipped to the east coast. We'd like to do his relatively soon if we can.

So other than getting bids from uship and contacting shippers other members have had success with, does anyone have any suggestions that can keep the costs down?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 3rd, 2014, 08:45 PM
Brewie212
Brian Kandefer
1957 107 wagon, 94 arles St, 101 FC

Road trip!!!!!
Old July 3rd, 2014, 08:50 PM
Ash
Ash Heller
OM606 110 Frankenstein
D-90 Source Vendor

Apologies, as I don't really have time to read the whole thread, but can we get a running list of tangible items the truck needs? We're always left with parts in excess after builds, and could be of assistance.

We're always happy to dish out labor if the truck finds its way to the East coast.

-Ash

352-572-3236

Old July 3rd, 2014, 10:08 PM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Well, if there is some sort of road trip, I have a 110 roof rack that's in Denver that needs to make it to the east coast. I'd be willing to kick in $100 or whatever to help offset gas $$ or shipping cost.

Semper Fi!
Old July 3rd, 2014, 10:38 PM
Jymmiejamz
Jimmy
1995 D90 SW #365

Registry
If only I didn't already use most of my vacation days for a road trip... Someone needs to get out there to help finish this truck! I just used the last of my vacation days to job hunt in NYC. I know some of you must have a bunch of Frequent flyer miles for someone to get out there to help Greg.
Old July 3rd, 2014, 10:42 PM
Mybluett
Defenders Northwest
110SW
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash View Post
Apologies, as I don't really have time to read the whole thread, but can we get a running list of tangible items the truck needs? We're always left with parts in excess after builds, and could be of assistance.

We're always happy to dish out labor if the truck finds its way to the East coast.

-Ash
Agreed - need some clarity on what is required to get it road ready

If it is possible to move the truck this direction, we can certainly offer up some time and a few handy folks to finish up the project.
Old July 3rd, 2014, 10:46 PM
bigrichmanitoba
Dick Manitoba
No Rovers, Series or Defenders

I've got a Weber single barrel I can part with. Somebody just has to front the shipping and handling.

Let me know bros~

BRM
Old July 3rd, 2014, 11:30 PM
gchinsr
Greg Chin Sr
1996 Discovery 5 Speed

As it sits to get running at the minimum. As for parts, I have them here, maybe an odd bit of hose or something small needed possibly. Install new fuel tank, renew the fuel pump, and filter. Install all coolant, and heater hoses. Install carb linkage to SU. I need to find a machine shop to press out bearing from the TC bearing housing, and reinstall in new one from roadsiderob. Install TC, and gearbox linkages, so seat box can be reinstalled. Hook up electronics on the motor, and install new battery. Reinstall the radiator, and grill, then start her up.There is not a lot of work needed to move under her own power. I've pushed myself to get this far, so my back is done, and I just can't do much more alone. Week day, weekend, I'm here if you can help out the project. Please PM if you are available.
Thank You,
Greg
Old July 4th, 2014, 12:04 AM
bigrichmanitoba
Dick Manitoba
No Rovers, Series or Defenders

I've got a Lucas voltage regulator. Who would be willing to pay shipping and handling?
Old July 4th, 2014, 12:11 AM
gchinsr
Greg Chin Sr
1996 Discovery 5 Speed

Thank you for the offer of parts, but parts are not needed. The carb is rebuilt, and the dizzy, starter, and alternator are new. Need help installing the parts in the garage.
Greg
Old July 4th, 2014, 12:14 AM
Mybluett
Defenders Northwest
110SW
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by gchinsr View Post
As it sits to get running at the minimum. As for parts, I have them here, maybe an odd bit of hose or something small needed possibly. Install new fuel tank, renew the fuel pump, and filter. Install all coolant, and heater hoses. Install carb linkage to SU. I need to find a machine shop to press out bearing from the TC bearing housing, and reinstall in new one from roadsiderob. Install TC, and gearbox linkages, so seat box can be reinstalled. Hook up electronics on the motor, and install new battery. Reinstall the radiator, and grill, then start her up.There is not a lot of work needed to move under her own power. I've pushed myself to get this far, so my back is done, and I just can't do much more alone. Week day, weekend, I'm here if you can help out the project. Please PM if you are available.
Thank You,
Greg
Greg,

Unfortunately you are 1100 miles south of us and I am not likely down that way until the end of the year… If we need to move the truck in order to finish - we can supply the room and probably get the labor organized between the Seattle, Portland, and BC crew.

Brian
Old July 4th, 2014, 03:01 AM
Ren Ching
Skinny Pete
'84 90 "Yamelo"/'88 RRC "Chewbacca"

Registry
I'll be in LA in a few days and can turn some wrenches to help move things along. PM me.
Old July 4th, 2014, 09:49 AM
Jonesy
Craig
87 D110 (Ruby)

Registry
C'MON CALIFORNIA CREW!!!!!!!!

Where is everyone????????...a few hrs from folks in CA is all that anyone is asking.
Old July 4th, 2014, 09:57 AM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesy View Post
C'MON CALIFORNIA CREW!!!!!!!!

Where is everyone????????...a few hrs from folks in CA is all that anyone is asking.
Left coaster's are different Jonesy......
BTW saw the NC Governor is on his way to Southport for the 4th parade.

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Vehicle Shipment and Importation Service
Restoration & Modification work

Old July 4th, 2014, 10:18 AM
pendy
jim pendleton
89'd90

That is great Dave !!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ren Ching View Post
I'll be in LA in a few days and can turn some wrenches to help move things along. PM me.

Advice is only as good as the person applying it--
Don't make me give you bad advice!

Lemons or lemonaide, whatever your taste provides.
Old July 5th, 2014, 07:42 PM
cgalpin
Charles Galpin
'94 D90 ST, '63 SeriesIIA
Site Team

Registry
That's awesome Dave thanks! Having to fly in an east coaster is kind of sad, but I guess necessary

I have great faith in Dave but given time constraints I'm sure we'll still need to ship this thing.

Brian, your offer is great too, but I think we'd be better off getting it 1100 miles east than north. We can finish it up here and at this point we are running out of summer so don't want to delay it.

To save me time searching for shipping success stories, can you guys suggest some shippers to try? Or if anyone uses one regularly could you ask if they could give us a deal maybe?

I wish we could have got it running and have someone drive it but I think it's just not in the cards. Greg has offered to trailer it but with a bad back, needing to borrow rent a tow vehicle an trailer, gas prices and a round trip drive it makes no sense at many levels.
Old July 6th, 2014, 01:48 AM
psykokid
Jake
1997 Disco

I was talking to Greg when I was over there helping last weekend and I found it sad that we couldn't rally enough guys with all the rover owners in SoCal to get the new parts swapped on and the truck to where it's driving or at the least ready to put on a trailer for shipping...

Old July 6th, 2014, 09:12 AM
Jonesy
Craig
87 D110 (Ruby)

Registry
not so much the NorCal group Jeff - but like Jake said...no SoCal guys bar him, and maybe one or two others have shown up? Greg sure has done his part. And more!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
110, ac, d110