Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 23rd, 2014, 07:20 PM
cgalpin
Charles Galpin
'94 D90 ST, '63 SeriesIIA
Site Team

Registry
Thanks again to everyone that has donated. We are over $2,000 now! Keep them coming folks, and if you made a commitment and still haven't sent it for real, please don't be shy
Old May 25th, 2014, 08:39 PM
dave_lucas
Dave Lucas
None

Noticed Johan posted that his was not selected has one been selected?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 26th, 2014, 02:04 PM
cgalpin
Charles Galpin
Site Team

Registry
No decisions made afaik, although it looks like one has been made for us...

We were waiting on more pics from him (and would have been nice to get more detail from Barry but I have been swamped, sorry). And those that favored the MOD haven't chimed in to affirm their choice or commented otherwise so not sure we have moved in any direction until now.

If we now have a single option, we need to discuss how to make it a reality. It's looking like getting it here on a trailer is gong to be the only option as I don't see the west coast stepping up to get it running. Or am I mistaken?
Old May 26th, 2014, 03:28 PM
down_shift
Russell
94' D90 ST & 06' LR3

Registry
KISS
Lean towards the roller and enjoy it. Upgrades can be made over time.
Old May 26th, 2014, 07:28 PM
gchinsr
Greg Chin Sr
1996 Discovery 5 Speed

Just a little update on the 110. I have been cleaning the chassis down while it has been cooler. It will be cleaned from the rear bulkhead forward, as much as I can squeeze in. I am looking to have some help this coming weekend to put the motor, and gearbox in. I will also put in a new fuel tank, and run some fuel lines, and hope to get Lizzy running afterwards. I should have all the gaskets, and hoses next week, so should be okay. Will update as work progresses.
Greg
Old May 26th, 2014, 07:48 PM
psykokid
Jake
1997 Disco

I'm a couple of miles away and can put in some time to help getting things put back together to get the truck driving.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old May 26th, 2014, 09:33 PM
85Red110
Kent
1985 110 3-door

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by gchinsr View Post
Just a little update on the 110. I have been cleaning the chassis down while it has been cooler. It will be cleaned from the rear bulkhead forward, as much as I can squeeze in. I am looking to have some help this coming weekend to put the motor, and gearbox in. I will also put in a new fuel tank, and run some fuel lines, and hope to get Lizzy running afterwards. I should have all the gaskets, and hoses next week, so should be okay. Will update as work progresses.
Greg
You're a good man, Mr. Chin. Thank you for your generosity, as well as the time and energy you've put in already. I think this is the direction to go in, gents. The truck is a good starter for a project, and I want Gregs efforts to not be in vain. Lets get some real momentum going with this project and keep it going until we finish with a great truck that will be worthy of representing the fine folks of this Defender Source community. I would be proud to drive around this 110.

Kent

------ Follow up post added May 26th, 2014 09:39 PM ------

The $$ pot is up to $2086.00

There are lots of other donations pledged in the form of parts and wrenching time.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed and has pledged to contribute!!

Happy Memorial Day!

Kent
Old May 27th, 2014, 05:40 PM
pendy
jim pendleton
89'd90

I think Kent made the decision here.

My vote is to roll with his decision. If this is what we do then I may be able to help with shipping.

It is possible I could fetch the D110 in early July and get it to the midwest. Or maybe as far as Memphis. Can we talk about someone fetching it from me or look into a transport service from my area to where Kent wants it to go. I have a big parts run to make this summer and could justify bringing it from California to my area.

Advice is only as good as the person applying it--
Don't make me give you bad advice!

Lemons or lemonaide, whatever your taste provides.
Old May 27th, 2014, 07:17 PM
cgalpin
Charles Galpin
Site Team

Registry
I too am fine with going with Kent's decision. Based on Greg's last post it looks like they are working on getting it going still, so let's give him some time. We haven't raised the funds yet anyway! But if it looks like it will need to be trailed that will be great Jim, and I hope you can wait a bit before we commit one way or another.

Jake, thanks for the offer! I'll be sure to post here once we start having wrenching days.

Jeff, we have had offers of free plane tickets, so maybe we could finagle a round trip flight for you one weekend to join us in a wrenching session as well.

Too all those who pledged but haven't send money yet, it looks like we have made a decision and it's time to get this going. So if possible, please contribute when you can, or let me know if you no longer can help so we can maintain expectations.

If you haven't offered to contribute and have been on the fence, then now is the time. I discussed this with Kent and he has decided not to send it down to Aaron's, and all work will be done either on the left coast, or here in NOVA. Keep in mind this is largely happening because one freshly minted US citizen is crazy enough to pay half the cost of this venture, and it would be great to lower his contribution. Many hand$ make light work, etc.

Finally, a big thanks to Johan for offering up his truck in the first place - I don't think this effort would have gotten going without the opportunity. I am sorry we held up the sale, but hopefully you'll have no problems selling it now that it's unencumbered.
Old May 27th, 2014, 07:37 PM
Jymmiejamz
Jimmy
1995 D90 SW #365

Registry
If this gets to the east coast before the end of summer, I could probably make it up there for a wrench day or two. I'm getting ready for a move, so I don't have a ton of spare time.
Old May 27th, 2014, 10:59 PM
draaronr
Here
LR3

Let me know what parts are needed. I am sure we can get some goodies sent to the workshop destination
Old May 28th, 2014, 07:22 PM
85Red110
Kent
1985 110 3-door

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by draaronr View Post
Let me know what parts are needed. I am sure we can get some goodies sent to the workshop destination
Thanks Doc!
Old May 31st, 2014, 11:40 AM
85Red110
Kent
1985 110 3-door

Registry
Gentlemen, as of today, the pot is up to $2,606.00

It feels as though momentum has died down a bit recently...
Old May 31st, 2014, 01:51 PM
ADK46er
Craig Longenecker
97 D90 SW

I will get my pledged $ in soon, had a few things come up last month.
Old May 31st, 2014, 09:34 PM
cgalpin
Charles Galpin
Site Team

Registry
I'll try make the time tomorrow to PM everyone who pledged but hasn't stepped up yet.

Come on guys, we are way short on making this a reality. Let's get this thing going!

If it helps I have cleaned out my garage and freed up a bay so I'm ready to help on this end whatever direction we take, but at this point it looks like we are going for Greg's one way or another, so time to get this thing moving.
Old June 1st, 2014, 08:53 PM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
$$ sent on behalf of Wolf Fabrication. Good luck with the project and I wish I was there to help wrench.

Hit me up if you need random leftover NAS suspension and steering parts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Semper Fi!
Old June 4th, 2014, 06:39 PM
cgalpin
Charles Galpin
Site Team

Registry
Thanks Jonathan

Just a quick bump and mention we have another thread going if you find this one too long, although lets keep random chatter here to keep the other one short and sweet.

http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...d.php?p=535536
Old June 4th, 2014, 06:55 PM
Jymmiejamz
Jimmy
1995 D90 SW #365

Registry
I know lots have offered to help out with labor, but I just had an idea, feel free to shoot it down. I know a bunch of you NOVA guys have LR3's and other newer Land Rovers, which let's be honest, they probably all need work. If there is going to be a work weekend, I could come up and do some work or some diagnosing for you and we could put the money towards Kent's build. We could do something like book time @$40/hr. I'd also be happy to come up and work on the Defender, but I figured I'd offer since newer Land Rovers are more my expertise and there could be "too many cooks in the kitchen."
Old June 4th, 2014, 07:27 PM
cgalpin
Charles Galpin
Site Team

Registry
I like it. Remind me when we start talking about wrenching weekends, and let's see what NOVA guys want to take advantage of this.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
110, ac, d110