Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old April 25th, 2014, 07:46 PM
85Red110
Kent
1985 110 3-door

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Douglas View Post
If I read Johan's post correctly he offered the truck to this cause for 50% of his asking price of $7k so $3500 which is why things quickly fixated on that truck.
Well if the money that was to go toward importing a truck and dealing with Customs (whom I am a VERY big fan of ) instead goes toward the purchase price of a truck stateside, wouldn't it just about even out?
Advertisement

Old April 25th, 2014, 07:46 PM
gchinsr
Greg Chin Sr
1996 Discovery 5 Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Douglas View Post
If I read Johan's post correctly he offered the truck to this cause for 50% of his asking price of $7k so $3500 which is why things quickly fixated on that truck.
Doug
Sorry 2 brain cells did not compute. My threshold of pain can't touch that. For what I have involved with original import, plus added cost of additional importation, and added parts 2.8, gearbox,Exmoor Modulars, FR aux tank, spares etc, are near half my cost as is. It's Kent's if needed, just throwing out there as an option.
Greg
Old April 25th, 2014, 07:54 PM
navydevildoc
Neill Thornton
1984 D90 300 Tdi / 1965 Series IIA
Site Team

Registry
All... this thread in particular has really jumped the shark. Please see this announcement about following the rules laid out for all members:

http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...215#post526215

Werewolf has been suspended due to an inability to work within the rules laid out by the Site Team.

Now please let's get back on to the original path of helping Kent out, and leave the baggage and petty behavior behind.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 25th, 2014, 07:56 PM
NPT90
JT
D90 óriginalé

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by navydevildoc View Post
All... this thread in particular has really jumped the shark. Please see this announcement about following the rules laid out for all members: http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...215#post526215 Werewolf has been suspended due to an inability to work within the rules laid out by the Site Team. Now please let's get back on to the original path of helping Kent out, and leave the baggage and petty behavior behind.
Here here
Old April 25th, 2014, 08:08 PM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
I'll drink to that !

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Vehicle Shipment and Importation Service
Restoration & Modification work

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old April 25th, 2014, 08:49 PM
budzny
Real4X4
NAS 97 ST/NAS 93 110/62
Birthday Committee Team

Always want to help out either cash, parts and time!

Sal
Old April 25th, 2014, 08:50 PM
Azarur
AZ
LR 1984 110

Ditto. Just post the plan once we know whether truck is being bought/imported and what needs to be done.
Old April 25th, 2014, 09:36 PM
LuisC
Luis Constantin
98 Disvovery 1 LE

Registry
Quote:
All... this thread in particular has really jumped the shark. Please see this announcement about following the rules laid out for all members: http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...215#post526215 Werewolf has been suspended due to an inability to work within the rules laid out by the Site Team. Now please let's get back on to the original path of helping Kent out, and leave the baggage and petty behavior behind.
Darn! I just popped a fresh batch of popcorn and opened up a cold beer. I was really settling in to watch the outcome.
Old April 25th, 2014, 09:36 PM
Jonesy
Craig
87 D110 (Ruby)

Registry
HAHAHA..banned. Awesome - OK - so my $3500 stands. We need another $3500 to get the ambulance, plus shipping from CA which ads up to about another $4500 I would guess. Unless someone wants to bring it out from CA to VA.
Old April 25th, 2014, 09:46 PM
ArmyRover
Bill Ski
83 110 "Frankenstein"

Organize the money for fuel and a plane ride I'll drive it

Unknown Author

716-898-8153
Old April 25th, 2014, 09:51 PM
gchinsr
Greg Chin Sr
1996 Discovery 5 Speed

I will find out next week if a mate can tow with his truck to the chosen shop. Would only need to rent a trailer, so no need for a shipping company hopefully to keep costs down.
Greg
Old April 25th, 2014, 10:02 PM
ArmyRover
Bill Ski
83 110 "Frankenstein"

my bad thought it was driveable.

Unknown Author

716-898-8153
Old April 25th, 2014, 10:03 PM
javelinadave
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by gchinsr View Post
Kent and I have spoken today, and agrees this May be another solution, for sourcing a 110. Due to health issue, I will be unable to build my 110 for the next 2 years. I have offered Kent my 110, for this project. It is here in The Los Angeles area, reg with MT plates. Lizzie is a 85 110 Ambulance, with an ACR 2.8. The petrol motor is not an issue with Kent, but is someone is donating something different, please let Kent know. It has 30km, and had the head off inspection with ACR, and a clean bill of Heath. I have a new Ashcroft 50A "G" gearbox as we'll.
The chassis has a little surface rust, that cleans with soapy rag(oily mess) or fine sand paper by hand. There have been repairs in the past, but being a working ambulance most its life, was to a high standard. I have an OEM HD suspension and bushing set, to replace the current set up. With this, I will include the second shock mount for the rear, supplied from Foleys. Kent mentioned towing in the future, so should work out fine. There is a new fuel tank to be included. It sits on 5 new Wolf's, with 235/85/16 KM2's.
The front doors need work, but have seen an offer for doors in this thread. I have a newer rear door, recently shipped from the UK, to replace the current one. I can ship with, or with sides or roof, Kent's choice. The body is pretty straight, with a couple spots on bulk head needing work. No serious rash anywhere. I can't take pics too well, but will try to get a video tomorrow with better light. If there is someone who would like to see the truck, I am available any time.
I have a lot of monies tied up with this project, and discussed with Kent, that I would match Johan's price of $7k for the lot. We feel this would be a great solution, helping this project move forward, with less arguing on this thread. We wish to hear form you, as everyone here, and your thoughts. Please let Kent know what you think, and he will be in touch with me. I just want to say, this is the best forum, period. Have a great evening all.
Regards,
Greg Chin Sr
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyRover View Post
Organize the money for fuel and a plane ride I'll drive it
If this truck is drivable I can hook somebody up with a Southwest Airlines pass if needed to get them out there. I just need a little lead time to get one and the driver needs to be a little flexible on the dates.
Old April 25th, 2014, 10:04 PM
Trey C
Trey Crowther
1983 V8 110 County

Registry
Quote:
leave the baggage and petty behavior behind.
Looks like this is aimed @ dad.
Old April 25th, 2014, 10:11 PM
gchinsr
Greg Chin Sr
1996 Discovery 5 Speed

If we can get a few days help here, I can put the motor, gearbox, and new fuel tank in. Then would only need co driver to help drive cross country. Would not take a lot, but health wont let me do alone at present. Jeff, busy mate?
Greg
Old April 25th, 2014, 10:13 PM
85Red110
Kent
1985 110 3-door

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by javelinadave View Post
If this truck is drivable I can hook somebody up with a Southwest Airlines pass if needed to get them out there. I just need a little lead time to get one and the driver needs to be a little flexible on the dates.
Gosh, if I hadn't JUST started this new job, I would jump at the opportunity to do a cross-country trip.

Ive gotta tell you guys, this is really making me feel good and much more positive about my situation. I can't thank you all enough.

Kent
Old April 25th, 2014, 10:22 PM
NPT90
JT
D90 óriginalé

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by 85Red110 View Post
Gosh, if I hadn't JUST started this new job, I would jump at the opportunity to do a cross-country trip. Ive gotta tell you guys, this is really making me feel good and much more positive about my situation. I can't thank you all enough. Kent
Shit I'm about to jump at the opportunity
Old April 25th, 2014, 10:22 PM
gchinsr
Greg Chin Sr
1996 Discovery 5 Speed

Kent
Glad to hear you are working most importantly. Hopefully we can sort out the rest for you soon.
Greg
Old April 25th, 2014, 10:33 PM
ArmyRover
Bill Ski
83 110 "Frankenstein"

I'm sure I can get the time off no issues to drive it if needed.

Unknown Author

716-898-8153
Old April 25th, 2014, 10:38 PM
NPT90
JT
D90 óriginalé

Registry
If we get the green light I offer my services; I have accounts in Cali I need to call on soon can comp most of my expenses. I officially offer my services and welcome company

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
110, ac, d110