Old April 25th, 2014, 06:12 PM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viggen View Post

Also, legal action seems a bit dramatic? Action over what? A forum pissing match? Anyone who spends two minutes on here knows that Doug is good and reliable. No one is going to pay attention to someone who begins posts with "pssst" and lacks the ability to type anything close to grammatically correct. Tough to take a "business" seriously when they present themselves this way.
I apologize if others aren't following what is going on here. Bill took it upon himself, back when he first joined this forum, to contact the State of Virginia and lied and told them I was operating as a car dealer without a license and that he could find no record of me as a licensed dealer in Virginia. I have a copy of his complaint thanks to FOIA. This precipitated the Commonwealth sending out their Sr. Criminal Investigator to the farm when I was away up in Maryland. Since my home is 100 yards back off a country road the Investigator was able to inspect the majority of my buildings and their contents on his walk back to the house to leave his card in my door. I contacted the guy on my return and had to be interviewed. In the end everything that Bill said was dismissed as lies and I was encouraged by the investigator to file a civil suit against Bill in Virginia to stop this type of behavior.
His forum crap is just gasoline on a fire for that case should I file it.

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Vehicle Shipment and Importation Service
Restoration & Modification work

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 25th, 2014, 06:16 PM
ADK46er
Craig Longenecker
97 D90 SW

I am willing to help out with some cash for Uncle Doug's effort to import this truck
Old April 25th, 2014, 06:17 PM
Z.G
Zack
300Tdi 95 D1

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Douglas View Post
His forum crap is just gasoline on a fire for that case should I file it.
I will also donate money to this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 25th, 2014, 06:22 PM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Zack to be clear we are talking about donations to get Kent a truck, not making things right with Cox.
Craig is the hero here.... in case anyone is missing it.

Dividing Creek Imports

Old April 25th, 2014, 06:23 PM
Viggen
Jarrod
none

Quote:
I apologize if others aren't following what is going on here.
No, let me apologize to you. I did not know this and thought it was his weak attempt to bash on a forum. I had no idea that it went beyond that. I have met you a couple of times at HHs when I had my Rover. I switched over to a BJ60 after being completely pissed and bitterly disappointed with a 'seller' in NC. I guess I am used to the LC world now. You screw someone on 'Mud, everyone gets word and you are an official outcast. I bought my BJ60 sight unseen knowing that it would be exactly as described and make the drive from Nola to DC without an issue. The owner assured me it would. He was more afraid of his reputation within the LC community than anything else. He knew screwing someone over would reflect badly upon him and get him removed. Not too sure why that is not the case here as well. This is not DWeb after all.
Old April 25th, 2014, 06:24 PM
ADK46er
Craig Longenecker
97 D90 SW

Quote:
To be clear we are talking about getting Kent a truck, not making things right with Cox.
correct
Old April 25th, 2014, 06:24 PM
85Red110
Kent
1985 110 3-door

Registry
Quote:
Craig is the hero here.... in case anyone is missing it.
x2 on this.
Old April 25th, 2014, 06:27 PM
Ray_G
Ray Gerber
54 S1 86", 96 D1 (Coyote), 06 D3

Registry
Quote:

No, let me apologize to you. I did not know this and thought it was his weak attempt to bash on a forum. I had no idea that it went beyond that. I have met you a couple of times at HHs when I had my Rover. I switched over to a BJ60 after being completely pissed and bitterly disappointed with a 'seller' in NC. I guess I am used to the LC world now. You screw someone on 'Mud, everyone gets word and you are an official outcast. I bought my BJ60 sight unseen knowing that it would be exactly as described and make the drive from Nola to DC without an issue. The owner assured me it would. He was more afraid of his reputation within the LC community than anything else. He knew screwing someone over would reflect badly upon him and get him removed. Not too sure why that is not the case here as well. This is not DWeb after all.
Dweb would have banned him already, it's many things but don't misrepresent it for the bullshit that is tolerated here
Old April 25th, 2014, 06:27 PM
NPT90
JT
D90 óriginalé

Registry
Quote:
To be clear we are talking about getting Kent a truck, not making things right with Cox.
To be clear I'll give all I can as long as mr cox has nothing to do with the importation or handling of this vehicle.

If mr cox is so keen on helping let him donate the same amount it would have cost him in freight to the overall importation and purchase of this truck. Somehow I fear he is the proverbial kid who takes his ball and goes home.
Old April 25th, 2014, 06:57 PM
NPT90
JT
D90 óriginalé

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by 85Red110 View Post
x2 on this.
x3. May Craig never purchase a beer in the presence of a forum member again.
Old April 25th, 2014, 07:02 PM
Jonesy
Craig
87 D110 (Ruby)

Registry
Just looking to help out a dude who put his life on the line for this country that I am a newly minted citizen of. Not looking for anything more than that.

Lets see if we can make it happen.

Consider the truck bought....how can we get the $$$ to import it.
Old April 25th, 2014, 07:03 PM
Roverenvy
Michael
1994 Defender 90

Registry
Count me in for a donation also. Provided Bill Cox has absolutely nothing to do with this import! (BC you weren't wanted here a long time ago.....now you've really overstayed your welcome.)
Old April 25th, 2014, 07:09 PM
gchinsr
Greg Chin Sr
1996 Discovery 5 Speed

Kent and I have spoken today, and agrees this May be another solution, for sourcing a 110. Due to health issue, I will be unable to build my 110 for the next 2 years. I have offered Kent my 110, for this project. It is here in The Los Angeles area, reg with MT plates. Lizzie is a 85 110 Ambulance, with an ACR 2.8. The petrol motor is not an issue with Kent, but is someone is donating something different, please let Kent know. It has 30km, and had the head off inspection with ACR, and a clean bill of Heath. I have a new Ashcroft 50A "G" gearbox as we'll.
The chassis has a little surface rust, that cleans with soapy rag(oily mess) or fine sand paper by hand. There have been repairs in the past, but being a working ambulance most its life, was to a high standard. I have an OEM HD suspension and bushing set, to replace the current set up. With this, I will include the second shock mount for the rear, supplied from Foleys. Kent mentioned towing in the future, so should work out fine. There is a new fuel tank to be included. It sits on 5 new Wolf's, with 235/85/16 KM2's.
The front doors need work, but have seen an offer for doors in this thread. I have a newer rear door, recently shipped from the UK, to replace the current one. I can ship with, or with sides or roof, Kent's choice. The body is pretty straight, with a couple spots on bulk head needing work. No serious rash anywhere. I can't take pics too well, but will try to get a video tomorrow with better light. If there is someone who would like to see the truck, I am available any time.
I have a lot of monies tied up with this project, and discussed with Kent, that I would match Johan's price of $7k for the lot. We feel this would be a great solution, helping this project move forward, with less arguing on this thread. We wish to hear form you, as everyone here, and your thoughts. Please let Kent know what you think, and he will be in touch with me. I just want to say, this is the best forum, period. Have a great evening all.
Regards,
Greg Chin Sr
Old April 25th, 2014, 07:10 PM
ADK46er
Craig Longenecker
97 D90 SW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtomchik View Post
x3. May Craig never purchase a beer in the presence of a forum member again.
I appreciate that but it sounds like there are a lot of members here willing to pitch in money, time for wrenching, parts, and even calling in favors from their friends. Maybe after all this is done we have D90 Source party and all drink together.
Old April 25th, 2014, 07:16 PM
cbfritz_03
Carmen
none

Oh.. so that's what's been going on. I'm proud of you Uncle Doug and Jonsey for behaving like gentlemen and everyone who is being supportive and acting positively for Kent.
Old April 25th, 2014, 07:21 PM
down_shift
Russell
94' D90 ST & 06' LR3

Registry
Sounds like a great offer by Mr Chin.
Let's get the ball rolling. Here is $200 to the cause. Just settle on where to send it (but not to BC).
Old April 25th, 2014, 07:24 PM
Ray_G
Ray Gerber
54 S1 86", 96 D1 (Coyote), 06 D3

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by gchinsr View Post
Kent and I have spoken today, and agrees this May be another solution, for sourcing a 110. Due to health issue, I will be unable to build my 110 for the next 2 years. I have offered Kent my 110, for this project. It is here in The Los Angeles area, reg with MT plates. Lizzie is a 85 110 Ambulance, with an ACR 2.8. The petrol motor is not an issue with Kent, but is someone is donating something different, please let Kent know. It has 30km, and had the head off inspection with ACR, and a clean bill of Heath. I have a new Ashcroft 50A "G" gearbox as we'll.
The chassis has a little surface rust, that cleans with soapy rag(oily mess) or fine sand paper by hand. There have been repairs in the past, but being a working ambulance most its life, was to a high standard. I have an OEM HD suspension and bushing set, to replace the current set up. With this, I will include the second shock mount for the rear, supplied from Foleys. Kent mentioned towing in the future, so should work out fine. There is a new fuel tank to be included. It sits on 5 new Wolf's, with 235/85/16 KM2's.
The front doors need work, but have seen an offer for doors in this thread. I have a newer rear door, recently shipped from the UK, to replace the current one. I can ship with, or with sides or roof, Kent's choice. The body is pretty straight, with a couple spots on bulk head needing work. No serious rash anywhere. I can't take pics too well, but will try to get a video tomorrow with better light. If there is someone who would like to see the truck, I am available any time.
I have a lot of monies tied up with this project, and discussed with Kent, that I would match Johan's price of $7k for the lot. We feel this would be a great solution, helping this project move forward, with less arguing on this thread. We wish to hear form you, as everyone here, and your thoughts. Please let Kent know what you think, and he will be in touch with me. I just want to say, this is the best forum, period. Have a great evening all.
Regards,
Greg Chin Sr
Greg that is a fantastic gesture.
Not sure what others thing but pound for pound in the US seems easier than the shipping and import aspect, and this sounds like a very cool project if we can get the $ together.
r-
Ray
Old April 25th, 2014, 07:36 PM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
If I read Johan's post correctly he offered the truck to this cause for 50% of his asking price of $7k so $3500 which is why things quickly fixated on that truck.

Dividing Creek Imports

Old April 25th, 2014, 07:41 PM
navydevildoc
Neill Thornton
1984 D90 300 Tdi / 1965 Series IIA
Site Team

Registry
Quote:
You and I both know no one gets banned around here.
Do not be so sure.

Old April 25th, 2014, 07:43 PM
NPT90
JT
D90 óriginalé

Registry

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
110, ac, d110