Offroad lr3 modifications. - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old December 26th, 2014, 03:21 PM
the rover shop
shayne young
89,93 & 95 camel trophy 110s 06 130

Offroad lr3 modifications.

Okay, so I went out and bought a 2006 LR3 today for an exciting new partnership I am setting up. I recently met up with the guys from Mudtech4x4 and looked at their later generation rover offroad accessories, I liked what I saw and they answered all of my questions and doubts I had about the systems. From what I see the suspension control system is very impressive and has built in systems to remedy a lot of potential issues seen with the air suspension system while off roading..naturally nothing is going to remedy ALL of the breakages you could experience with these systems but it does remedy the more common ones. I have placed an order for the majority of these items to install and evaluate the products, I will be doing an installation and operational videography on these items and then will try to break them.. I know a lot of you guys out there have the lr3 and 4 and range rover sports and I'd be interested to hear your ideas on their systems.. Unfortunately their video audio is in Italian but you should be able to get the general idea of the products.. While theses truck will never be a defender I think they will make very capable off road trucks with these items installed..and pricing is pretty reasonable as well..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 26th, 2014, 03:31 PM
JBurt
Jesse McCoy
'89 RRC SWB (needs work)

Well there goes buying any parts for our LR3 on here...

In all seriousness, congrats on the buy. We love our 2007 for what we bought it for, which is to haul kids, their stuff, and get us around when the weather keeps most folks in (and for me to drive when SWMBO is done with it). I'd love to have it be our oldest's first car in 11 more years. By then it should be nice and wore out so she can't mess it up too much.
Old December 26th, 2014, 03:51 PM
the rover shop
shayne young

With these products you will be able to keep the wife happy with a stock looking truck, yet still have the ability to do some pretty serious off-roading.. The soccer mum meets camel trophy sleeper..lol.. And don't worry, your parts purchases are safe from me...lol..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 26th, 2014, 03:55 PM
Iamkraig
Kraig
1987 defender 110

Registry
Are you going to be distributing their stuff in the US?

I really like their wheels and rear skid plate.

The full set of magnets is a cool idea.
Old December 26th, 2014, 04:21 PM
the rover shop
shayne young

Yes, I am going to be their US distributor.
Old December 30th, 2014, 07:31 PM
bossongs
Steve Bossong
1973 Series III 88 PU

I'm shopping for an LR3 for a build out ...some interesting items. I like the concept of keeping the truck looking stock with those bumpers and the hidden winch. Would be interested in chatting with you about timing of your test build.
Old August 19th, 2015, 06:32 PM
bossongs
Steve Bossong
1973 Series III 88 PU

rover shop, you ever do anything with these guys? i checked their site - no USA distributers listed. Was curious to see if you had done anything with them before I contact them. i got the greenlight from my wife to mod our LR4 ..now that we've had it for two years ( unmolested).

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
lr3, mod