Oahu body/welding shop..? - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old May 12th, 2014, 12:47 AM
cbfritz_03
Carmen
none

Oahu body/welding shop..?

So I was talking to my little sister today and she mentioned an issue with rust on her Xterra. She is pretty handy but with this she is looking for help. I am not going to be on island for a few more months so I told her I'd post it here and see if anyone had any input for her. She sent me a couple of pictures. Yes, she is an executive with a sleeve...and I just love her 'crushing your head' one lol

Thank you,
Courtney and Carmen
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3431.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	69.1 KB
ID:	94744   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9148.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	83.1 KB
ID:	94745  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4960.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	65.9 KB
ID:	94746  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 12th, 2014, 09:01 AM
NPT90
JT
D90 óriginalé

Registry
Looks like an old body xterra, like 2004 vintage...

I mean, like any rust, scrape/sand, prime and paint. I imagine she can get close the that color in a rattle can (maybe a duplicolor perfect match product).

its also extremely surface it appears, so a wire brush and some primer would keep it localized, not sure I would spent too much to make it look 'factory'
Old May 12th, 2014, 09:41 AM
cbfritz_03
Carmen
none

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtomchik View Post
Looks like an old body xterra, like 2004 vintage...

I mean, like any rust, scrape/sand, prime and paint. I imagine she can get close the that color in a rattle can (maybe a duplicolor perfect match product).

its also extremely surface it appears, so a wire brush and some primer would keep it localized, not sure I would spent too much to make it look 'factory'
Yes, she was working within walking distance...so she'd do that or ride her bike or motorcycle but then decided to get a car to haul her board and other gear awhile back, so the Exterra. She will be staying on Oahu for a few more years till she moves to northern cali (yay!!) and will resale the car. So she doesn't want to let the rust get to bad or mess it up by trying to fix it herself. She's handy but not with body work. I gave her the same advice you did ...so looking for a shop. If she can hold out till I get there ..I'll be helping her. She did say the rust had worked it's way through.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
body