Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old November 3rd, 2012, 01:54 PM
JohnC
Giampaulo Cinquegrana
95 DI SR Extreme Kit - 94 RRC LWB
D-90 Source Vendor

NYC area relief

A few guys from my motorcycle group (ADV Riders) are organizing a relief effort for Staten Island residents:

Roy's message from ADV Rider:
the area i live in, battery park city, lower manhattan. the different groups here that provide community organization and support throughout the year which came together to help the few of us that lost power over the past couple days. for the most part we all have power now. these groups went to help the LES today. they now have a donation drive for every and anything that the folks in Staten Island may need.

the plan is to shuttle the stuff over on the staten island ferry, this sunday around noon, is when it will be taken over. anyone that has transportation on that side and can meet us we would like to help them out.

395 South End Avenue. Liberty and West Side Highway

24 hour doorman so late night/early morning runs can be made and left in our lobby.

I plan on going down to BPC around 9:30-10 and have coffee and help transport the donations to the ferry and noon.

If you can make it down to BPC and bring some items (winter clothes, etc) that would be great!!!

If anyone has any other idea on how we can help those individuals who got hit hard please let me know and we'll try to organize an event.

Thanks and hope to see some of you tomorow.

John
Advertisement

Old November 3rd, 2012, 07:23 PM
ini88
Daniel Marcello
Alloy+Grit Creative Director

I may show up. We just show up as hands an move the supplies onto the ferry?
1994 Defender 90 #916
1967 Lancia Fulvia
1974 Alfa Romeo GTV
Old November 3rd, 2012, 07:54 PM
JohnC
Giampaulo Cinquegrana
95 DI SR Extreme Kit - 94 RRC LWB
D-90 Source Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ini88 View Post
I may show up. We just show up as hands an move the supplies onto the ferry?
Looks like they have a van to move the stuff to SI. We can help with moving the stuff to the van and bringing a few donations.

I think it would be a good opportunity to talk about what else we can do. A few guys on the NYC Commuter threads have some ideas/experiences that we can learn from.

Hopefully I'll see you there Dan.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat