Not mine Austin champ in Kansas CL - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old October 14th, 2009, 12:08 PM
jim pendleton
Not mine Austin champ in Kansas CL

'53 Austin champ Britsh Military Jeep Very Rare - $2900 (Udall)

Date: 2009-10-14, 11:49AM CDT
Reply to: [Errors when replying to ads?]

CL keeps timing out before they get loaded. If intertested email me and I can get them to you

Austin Champ, British Military Jeep Right hand drive1953 Truck 1/4 Ton 4x4 CT [Combat]. Austin Champ is the civilian name for it, runs great. Drives great. Currently only has hand brake hooked up, have needed materials to hook up pedal brakes. Extremely rare in the states. Only produced from 1952 -1956 in England Many parts replaced and cleaned. Replacement steering wheel (not on it yet), NOS generator box, generator was cleaned and tested, NOS instrument panelWill give new owner all information obtained on it. A true barn find. I went through and changed all fluids and did a partial re-wire. It needs to be finished with everything hooked up. This would make an excellent parade vehicle. It has the Rolls Royce B40 engine . This is a highly sought after English military jeep. From what I understand it is the first shift on the fly 4 wheel drive. No hobs to lock in. I can send you all information for the seriously interested. This is a true 4X4 with indepedant suspension. it is very mechanically sound. Enginge, transmission, gearbox, and 4 wheel drive work like new. History CHASSIS NUMBER WN1-5506, WAR OFFICE REGISTRATION NUMBER 55 BE 06 ENGINE NUMBER 53451 DATE INTO SERVICE THURSDAY 4 FEB 1954 UNDER RECEIPT VOUCHER NUMBER LUD/R/54 FOR 1ST VEHICLE GROUP RAOC-13TH "A" VEHICLE DEPOT LUDGERSHALL. STRUCK OFF CENSUS BRITISH ARMY OF THE RHINE [GERMANY] THURSDAY 23 MAY 1968. 30,300 original miles. Never has been registered, all original military signs and plates. This is easy to to get a title issued in the state of KS for these. I can let you know what you need to do to accomplish this. Have roughly $5000 invested in this. Will be worth many times that when restored. I have many contacts overseas for parts and for advice that I will pass along to new owner It will need new tires. 3 of them are decent. 1 will go flat but I will try and get a good roller tire on it. This takes standard 16" tires This is a 5 speed with a gearbox. It will go 60 forward and reverse. It is a vehicle your neighbor can't do better than you as this is extremely rare. This thing is straight. It is in fantastic shape. Floors are great, no rust in floors. This thing is 99% rust free. A little bit of rust at the back by the trailer hitch and a little bit by where you step into it. Both would be a very easy fix. I will deleiver within 75 miles of my home for free. The windshield has new glass in it. I have more pics just ask.
I am asking $2900. Make me an offer, you never know what I may say. All parts are still available for these. Please call or email with questions. I really would like to restore this to its original beauty, however my family has needs that are much more important. 620-262-6109

Austin Champ British military jeep True barn find

legend in my own mind

Advice is only as good as the person applying it--
Don't make me give you bad advice!

Lemons or lemonaide, whatever your taste provides.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat