Old May 24th, 2004, 07:01 PM
mattdh
Matt Hurst

i think wicks is just trying to piss some one off
Old May 24th, 2004, 07:28 PM
dnewman9
Dennis Newman
*SOLD*Conniston 97 NAS 90

I have to give the article credit, it has a few good points. If you are a conspiracy theorist its probably totally believable.

FWIW,
I was just talking with Elvis and the gunmen from the grassy knoll and they think the article is crazy.
D
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 24th, 2004, 07:30 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Listen Wicks,

I don't know why the hell you would post bullshit like this on this site. I don't even know what kind of moron would believe that this was a fraudulent video but you better watch that video, I have a feeling that you never did.

http://wizbangblog.com/archives/002452.php

Go on and take a look. Everybody needs to. This is what we are up against. This is why we are there. This is a war, I am so sick and tired of candy-ass crybabies talking about abuse because we stripped down a few terrorists. I do not need to see it on this board. Get rid of this shit, and get a clue.

BUCK Wild Racing
Driver: Me
Co-driver: Pat Quirk
Team 911

Rover Tracks
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PSC
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Made it further than half of the other guys, but the Hammers won.
Old May 24th, 2004, 07:45 PM
wicks
Wicks
97 Defender LE SW #44

Listen here Buchberger.

I entitled the thread "not for tunnel vision patriots". Gun slingers are expected to demonstrate complete lack of intellectual capacity for open discussion. The worst of them will even demonstrate blind allegience to any perceived dominating force, such as a government.

There is appropriate allegiance, such as fighting the Nazis, and there is illegitimate allegiance, such as Vietnam. Intelligence is evidenced by being able to see the difference, which the country eventually did, withdrawing from the second contest I mentioned. There is ample evidence from the US's past that it will engage in false propaganda, just like any other country, to gain the support of its citizens and to gain continued access to their pocketbooks to finance the waging of war.

The US happens to be the leader in free speech, democratic logic and so forth. As a US citizen, I appreciate our right to examine, investigate or criticize our own government's activites. It's actually one's duty as a citizen. Try doing yours.

Again, I did not say that I think the examination posted is accurate; I have not made my own investigation. I simply find the results shockingly realistic, and chose to share such with fellow landie owners because I think many of them may also be intellectually interested.

ps - I watched the video already but thanks. I also don't really care about the stripped prisoners. Simple correction at the low level command is all that that calls for. Did you notice the clock in the video?
Old May 24th, 2004, 08:09 PM
mattdh
Matt Hurst

i have to agree with david 100 percent on every thing he said.also think about this- if its possible that someone fabricated that video who says that they didnt fabricate the crap you just read??
Old May 24th, 2004, 08:11 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Listen, I am not going to get into this here but I will post this and then be done with it. If your going to hide behind your intellect on this one try to find an article that doesn't use a plastic chair as it's first exhibit of evidence. And don't think for one second that you are being a great citizen by parroting what every main stream liberal organization is saying. And don’t even try to postulate that this is anything like Vietnam. I will say this, people don’t have a damn clue what is going on and Wicks, if you believe this you are one of them. I have been over to the Middle East twice, including Jordan, Palestine, and Israel. I have seen the absolute unrelenting hate they have for us. You have no idea what these people are capable of.

The Koran is a cover to cover book of war and not only is Allah a mythic moon god, but he makes it quite clear that there is only two ways of getting into heaven, die killing a Christian or a Jew. I recommend that you read this, before deciding to agree with this war or just going the popular route. I do not have blind reverence for our administration and definitely not the Government, but right now we are getting torn apart from the inside by people who believe garbage like what you posted. Don’t you tell me about duty, ever, you have no right, you know nothing about me. You should simply apologize to Berg’s family for posting junk. It was a dull blade execution of a young man. You need to watch it! It will scar your soul. This is in such tremendously bad taste.

BUCK Wild Racing
Driver: Me
Co-driver: Pat Quirk
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Made it further than half of the other guys, but the Hammers won.
Old May 24th, 2004, 08:54 PM
Joe P
Joe Pfeiffer
Black 97 D-90ST #0605

I didn't Michael Moore owned a D-90. - Sorry Wicks

I think it would be best if Chris or Mike stepped in here and removed this post altogether.

Joe
Old May 24th, 2004, 09:32 PM
chrisvonc
Chris von C
No Defender at this time

I need this like I need a hole in my head.

Please email one of the current MODs if you need assistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lriwater: As you know, most wives don't like Series trucks due to the ride and lack of creature comforts. Girlfriends seem to like those, but some sort of magic happens during the wedding ceremony.
[/size]
Old May 24th, 2004, 09:39 PM
Trigger
Tony Fannin
'94 D-90 #491

I must have missed the D-90 references in those links. Can someone point them out?
Old May 24th, 2004, 10:03 PM
wicks
Wicks
97 Defender LE SW #44

That's some seriously bigoted rambling. Why do you think they all (stress:all) hate us so much? How about some responsibility. The US is attracting a little too much hate these days for my taste.

And about Berg's family, I would be incredibly sorry for their and his loss if that indeed is this person (Did you know him? Is that how you are so sure?). If the video is a hoax, then maybe he's still alive. Ever think of that, or was your one track fighting machine mind blinded by fury and rage? How about all the other guys who got killed? Are they already forgotten? Were their lives spent wisely? I am sure those are questions you are afraid to ask.

It seems you are also confused about what's popular. That article would definitely fall under the "not popular" category. Your attempt to provoke knee-jerk rally reaction by positioning me with "popular" and liberatarians is pretty futile, anthough effective on most of the population.

And thanks for chiming in with an occiasional D-90 reference Joe. So I imagine you're looking forward to his next picture that Miramax just bought from Disney?

A little DWeb excitement on the D-90 board! Never woulda thought.

Oh and Buchberger - just a debating tip. You don't tell people what to do or not do, you state your case in argument. Trying to order the other party to do your bidding against their will is what fascists do (especially regards religion). Your dissertation reads like Mein Kampf.
Old May 25th, 2004, 01:55 AM
wicks
Wicks
97 Defender LE SW #44

From the BBC:

Politics: 15 May 2004, Saturday.
The Daily Mirror editor Piers Morgan has been fired as the newspaper apologized "unreservedly" for publishing fake photographs of Iraqi prisoner abuse. The dismissal comes a day after Royal Military Police probe found the newspaper pictures allegedly showing British troops abusing Iraqi prisoners to be fake. The Daily Mirror said in a statement that it would be inappropriate for Morgan to continue as editor and acknowledged the damage it had done to the reputation of the British army. "There is now sufficient evidence to suggest that these pictures are fakes and that the Daily Mirror has been the subject of a calculated and malicious hoax, " the newspaper said.
Old May 25th, 2004, 02:19 AM
wicks
Wicks
97 Defender LE SW #44

Oh and something very smelly on CNN. The chances this was coincidental are more than 250,000 to 1.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/Northeast...ter/index.html
Old May 25th, 2004, 07:18 AM
Campbell
Rich Campbell
06 LR3 01DII D90s sold

Registry
David could not have said it better.

"Go on and take a look. Everybody needs to. This is what we are up against. This is why we are there. This is a war, I am so sick and tired of candy-ass crybabies talking about abuse because we stripped down a few terrorists. I do not need to see it on this board. Get rid of this shit, and get a clue."
Old May 25th, 2004, 09:04 AM
Mike Hippert
D-90Slut/Stalker,SNLPres
94 D-90 Grinding Rover

If you guys want to talk about politics you may want to try here

http://forums.pearljam.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=15
Old May 26th, 2004, 04:36 AM
wicks
Wicks
97 Defender LE SW #44

Post Re Michael Moore

IMDB Movie Reviews: 'Fahrenheit 9/11'

Michael Moore's Fahrenheit 9/11 received a 20-minute standing ovation when it was screened at the Cannes Film Festival on Monday. Thierry Frémaux, the festival's artistic director, told today's (Tuesday) New York Times that it was the longest ovation he had ever witnessed at Cannes. Meanwhile, the Times reported that instead of making a deal with a single distributor, Miramax chiefs Harvey Weinstein and Bob Weinstein are attempting to put together a consortium that would ensure the anti-Bush documentary the widest theatrical release possible.
Old May 26th, 2004, 09:20 PM
Joe P
Joe Pfeiffer
Black 97 D-90ST #0605

Wicks,

Come on man. This is not the place for pushing your political agenda. There are plenty of other BBS that would love to discuss conspiracy theories or how bad the US is or Michael Moore and his one-sided view of reality. D-90.com is not it.

BTW - Where was Michael Moore when Clinton was inviting the enemy to stay in the White House or pardoning his campaign donors, or getting BJ's from his intern.
Old May 26th, 2004, 09:54 PM
wicks
Wicks
97 Defender LE SW #44

I don't have a political agenda. And Moore's whereabouts? Maybe he had just finished paying Monica to seduce him. I guess maybe you aren't interested in movies.

What's your agenda with the ant-Clinton propaganda? Nixon, Clinton, whomever - mostly the same parade.

People at D-90.com have personality, and I like that. I don't think it's in the rule book that we all have to agree on everything and "march in step" as if we were "Defender Youth".
Old May 26th, 2004, 10:49 PM
dnewman9
Dennis Newman
*SOLD*Conniston 97 NAS 90

The thing I REALLY like about this (don't vote for bush) board is that our vehicles (bush sucks) seem to attract a higher quality of people. Hidden agendas (bush is the devil), flame wars and general (republicans have ruined the country) useless comments directed to inflame others (bush stinks) have killed every other board I have seen (democrats rule).

For the record I really like Bush, think he has done a great job in a very hard presidential term given the economy and political house of cards he was asked to run. I do not wish to debate this with anyone, nor do I feel anyone needs to support my feelings. I state this to ensure people understand my illustration above is ONLY an illustration of how seemingly benign comments about a film festival or conspiracy theory might as well be paraphrased as above.

Wicks, I really don't mean to pick on you, I know full well you are capable of defending yourself even if I did, I just find the last couple topics bothersome for an otherwise entertaining board, I think several others feel the same. I come here to be entertained by fellow enthusiasts of the Land Rover Defender and while an occasional O/T post is to be expected, it seems you have gone out to the extreme on the last couple posts in order to push some personal agenda and or cause outrage. If you were just trying to educate us I would expect equal coverage of both sides of the topics.

If you feel you need the intellectual stimulation I am sure there has to be someone down at the local Starbucks you can enjoy some banter with.

I think you have made your point and I don’t see the need to start more heated debates?
Dennis
Old May 26th, 2004, 11:00 PM
TwisteD90
Yousef Hamzeh
06 RR SC, 06 LR3, 94 D90

Wow, how did I miss this thread? However, I did not read it since politics is one big game that no one will understand or win.

As for the video, I've seen it and I think it totally wrong to kill another human being. It's just wrong in so many ways.

As I said I never talk politics neither read the link that was posted by Wicks, but all I want to say and make one thing clear is that Islam is a realign that does not allow killing another human being and those who say they are and killing people are not Muslims in my eyes PERIOD. This kinda of crap makes really upset as I was never raised that way and I hate it when people do something and hide and say Islam told us to do that.

I know It's totally up to Chris but can we please keep that crap out of the BB.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat