Old November 1st, 2006, 12:02 PM
MonLand
Loic Fabro
95 D90 - 96 Disco -06 LR3

Registry
Unhappy No diesel in sight for the US?

Last night, I guess I got bored and went to the LR web site to ask them:

===============
Based on the latest development regarding gas price and the fact that it looks like they are now two great diesel engine available in Europe, it would be cool if we could get a diesel-V8-powered Land Rover here in the US or the 2007 Defender.
===============

The answer I got threw me off a little.... We already know the Defender (in its current form) will not make it back to the US. But I was definitely hoping that the new diesel engine (which from what I hear would pass the EPA standard as they already exceed the European standard _without_ a catalyzer.....) would make it here.
===============
Thank you for contacting the Land Rover Customer Relationship Center.

I appreciate your interest in our products. At this time Land Rover does not have any plans to introduce a diesel version of any of our models into the United States. This would require several design and performance changes in order to be compliant with strict U.S. safety and emissions standards. While there are no current intentions of importing diesel vehicles, Land Rover may choose to do so in the future. We do appreciate our customer's enthusiasm regarding a diesel option and I have therefore forwarded your comments to product development for consideration.

Land Rover does not have any plans to re-introduce the Defender model into the United States. This vehicle requires several design and performance changes in order to be compliant with strict U.S. safety and emissions standards. We appreciate our customer's enthusiasm regarding this vehicle and I will therefore forward your comments to product development for consideration. The last year the Defender was offered in the U.S. was 1997.

Have a nice week.
===============

Disappointing to see that LR is moving faster than I ever anticipated to the very high class of the population. Soon, I'll be able to afford a used Range Rover sport, but I was definitely hoping for a diesel version of it!
it is not hoarding it is selective collecting
---
MonLand
1995 D90 NAS
1996 Discovery NAS
2006 LR3 NAS (hers, but comfy! :) )
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 1st, 2006, 12:13 PM
ECR
East Coast Rover Co.
Just Defenders, nothing else.
D-90 Source Vendor

Diesels don't sell in the USA so why would LR go to the trouble to offer them?
I love diesels, but fact is they do not sell in the US so LR ain't going to bring them.
Ask any VW place the ratio of diesel sales to gas... its mostly gas.
Diesel guys are crazy about diesels, like me, but most soccer mommys that want an LR3 aren't going diesel.
Until pushed by higher fuel prices that will fuel consumer demand... diesels ain't coming in a Rover to the USA and gas prices are dropping, so there is no light at the end of the tunnel.

I do not check PMs. Call or email if you need something.

ECR is not a parts source. We are not in the mail order business.
Old November 1st, 2006, 12:36 PM
Red90
John B.
1991 Defender 90, 200TDI
Site Team

Registry
In Canada, the diesel to gas ratio for VW cars is around 50%.... I believe it is around 20% in the USA.

Despite that VW is not bringing in any diesel models in 2007. It will kill the Canadian dealerships.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 1st, 2006, 12:39 PM
Hans
Hans Haase
The D-90.com Lab Rat

Plus, with the new diesel emissions laws taking place for the 2007 model year, a number of diesel engines no longer meet the requirements. Jeep had to stop selling the Liberty Diesel, despite good sales numbers, because the engine is no longer EPA approved. I heard a few pieces that Daimler Chrysler are doing some in-house development on an approved engine, but nothing concrete, all rumors.

-Hans

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
My 100k stopped odometer fix

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Brace for impact, I'm in a "modifying mood". Massive thread count inbound.
Old November 1st, 2006, 01:12 PM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

"Ask any VW place the ratio of diesel sales to gas... its mostly gas."

Yes, you pay sticker for a Tdi but get a few grand off a gas model . . . .
Old November 1st, 2006, 03:23 PM
Monkeyboy

Diesels hell, we don't even have a dealer as of Monday

I called LRNA and their response was that Omaha will take care of us

I wouldn't take a little red wagon to those guys
Old November 1st, 2006, 03:26 PM
MonLand
Loic Fabro
95 D90 - 96 Disco -06 LR3

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECR
gas prices are dropping, so there is no light at the end of the tunnel.
Wait until election time is over! ;-)
it is not hoarding it is selective collecting
---
MonLand
1995 D90 NAS
1996 Discovery NAS
2006 LR3 NAS (hers, but comfy! :) )
Old November 1st, 2006, 03:38 PM
ECR
East Coast Rover Co.
D-90 Source Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonLand
Wait until election time is over! ;-)
100% agreed!
They gotta keep those oil guys rich so you know we'll get screwed.

Old November 1st, 2006, 06:00 PM
snuffer
Randy Black
'95 D 90 SW

Oh yeah, Bush gets up every morning, looks at the price of gas/oil on his computer, and then with a few keystrokes sets it at what ever price he would like for the day.

So everyone gets torqued off at gas prices, decide it's the party in powers' fault and votes them out.

How much sense does that make?
Old November 1st, 2006, 08:19 PM
Monkeyboy

No, that's Carl & Dick's job
Old November 1st, 2006, 08:49 PM
Hans
Hans Haase
The D-90.com Lab Rat

Hey, anything is possible. After all, Georgie boy also personally blew up the levee's in New Orleans and I hear he worked the remote control for the fake airplanes on 9/11.

(tongue firmly in cheek on this one)

My 100k stopped odometer fix

Brace for impact, I'm in a "modifying mood". Massive thread count inbound.
Old November 1st, 2006, 09:50 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans
Hey, anything is possible. After all, Georgie boy also personally blew up the levee's in New Orleans and I hear he worked the remote control for the fake airplanes on 9/11.

(tongue firmly in cheek on this one)
Oh come on,

Everybody knows that Dick Cheney sent Halliburton to blow up the levee's because Dick hates Black people. All George Bush did was start the hurricane with a new secret weapon powered by dead baby seals.

Get it right....geez.

BUCK Wild Racing
Driver: Me
Co-driver: Pat Quirk
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Made it further than half of the other guys, but the Hammers won.
Old November 2nd, 2006, 08:31 AM
ECR
East Coast Rover Co.
D-90 Source Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by snuffer
Oh yeah, Bush gets up every morning, looks at the price of gas/oil on his computer, and then with a few keystrokes sets it at what ever price he would like for the day.

So everyone gets torqued off at gas prices, decide it's the party in powers' fault and votes them out.

How much sense does that make?
That why gas prices are going down prior to the mid-term elections.
If you don't think Bush has big oil money on his mind you are a insane.

Old November 2nd, 2006, 09:49 AM
KevinNY
Kevin Buckley
1973 coiler

And we though you were smarter than that.
Old November 2nd, 2006, 10:29 AM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECR
That why gas prices are going down prior to the mid-term elections.
If you don't think Bush has big oil money on his mind you are a insane.

Can you tell me specifically just how any one human can affect the price of crude oil when it is traded on the futures market? Or better yet, can you tell me how many independent investigations have been commissioned on price fixing in the oil industry? I'll give you a hint, more the 30. Guess what, they all say that the price of oil is........dictated by the futures market!

These baseless conspiracy theories are just plain annoying at this point. If you want to hate George Bush, at least do it for a legitimate reason, like his complete failure to secure our borders.

BUCK Wild Racing
Driver: Me
Co-driver: Pat Quirk
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Made it further than half of the other guys, but the Hammers won.
Old November 2nd, 2006, 12:33 PM
ECR
East Coast Rover Co.
D-90 Source Vendor

So you don't think the oil company lobbyists have any pull with the US government (George Bush) and you don't think the the Bush administration listens to their needs/desires?
I think you are insane, but to each his own. There are a ton of folks who think Bush is great, go for it.

When someone says George Bush it means the Bush administration. Taking it lietrally to mean "one man" is idiotic. That would be like saying George Bush and Geroge Bush (the man) alone runs the USA and does each and every job required to run his administration. Get real.

So "The Bush administrations" policies on oil and their tapping into US oil reserves, that in turn drive aspects of the futures market, has no bearing on oil and gas prices?
Only about 95% of the free thinking world disagree with you there.

Old November 2nd, 2006, 06:17 PM
snuffer
Randy Black
'95 D 90 SW

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECR
So you don't think the oil company lobbyists have any pull with the US government (George Bush) and you don't think the the Bush administration listens to their needs/desires?
I think you are insane, but to each his own. There are a ton of folks who think Bush is great, go for it.

When someone says George Bush it means the Bush administration. Taking it lietrally to mean "one man" is idiotic. That would be like saying George Bush and Geroge Bush (the man) alone runs the USA and does each and every job required to run his administration. Get real.

So "The Bush administrations" policies on oil and their tapping into US oil reserves, that in turn drive aspects of the futures market, has no bearing on oil and gas prices?
Only about 95% of the free thinking world disagree with you there.

So his administration has tapped into the reserves to get oil prices down for election time? And we have all already forgotten what oil prices were like a couple of months ago? I'm really impressed with what his administration has done with the stock market, over 12K. Gimme a break.

Would you like to see the oil industry regulated even more by good ole Uncle Sam? Would you like to see Rover repair shops regulated even more by good ole Uncle Sam?

Like I have said here before, if you like the US Postal Service, IRS, and welfare, you're gonna love Hillary's socialized medicine.
Old November 2nd, 2006, 07:14 PM
MattGuyver_007
Matt VA
1995 D90 SW

Thumbs up

Michael Savage... give the 'Savage Nation' a try. I'm sure you'll love it
Old November 2nd, 2006, 08:31 PM
thewap
Marc
'95 D90 SW#106

Registry
Bush family=oil, Cheney=Haliburton, Rice=mistress??, (sorry folks), but as far as I am concerned, I don't give a damn who's Rep. or Dem. But one thing is for sure, I have lived long enough to be real tired of oil, oil issues, related politics, and related wars. If you want to "save" people from the tortures of dictators, let's invade Africa and China.
This is an oil war there is no doubt about it. Iraq has more untapped oil underneath it's sand, than the Saudis.

Does Bush control oil prices? probably not. Does his cabinet control prices? probably not. Does the oil cartel and associated supporters of the Bush admistration control prices ( or use tactics to affect the price of oil) of course. We have seen it before. Do these people get benefits from having the Bush admistration in office? Of course, we have seen it before. Would they rig the market to lower gas prices when Republicans office is in geopardy?. Of course, we have seen that before. Does the Bush administration profit from this, of course it does.

The oil cartel is not an imaginary boogie man.They control the world, without them and oil we are screwed. Most un-American IMO. Monopoly is constitutionaly illegal.The cartel and their influences would have everyone believe that any other type of fuel is not "economically viable.I'm sure that the change from horse and buggy to petrol engine cars and the distribution of fuel, was not an "economically viable solution" in the old days. But it was Progress. It was worth it. We took risks, we led the way. Now, the only thing we hear is that progress is NOT worth it. We are still using archeaic technology. The catalyst engine is the ONLY technology that has not progressed for almost a hundred years.

Other countries are converting to LPG, and alternate fuels in the private market. Why don't we? because it's not economicaly viable we say. For now that is...big money to spend,and the ruination of the oil companies.
No vision + no progress = no future. Most un-American IMO. America needs leaders..into the future. Not Cartel minded good old boys club politicians bullsh.ters.

Yes oil is king, just as Cotton was King, which was the underlying cause of the Civil war. I don't love any of them..the politicians. If you want a love affair with Bush, or with Hillary, or with Fritz the Cat, thats your business. (If you love Jesus, then don't involve him in politics). All I know is that we need a change, a real look to the future (not the immediate), and we need leadership for that.

We have no leadership, we Americans are in trouble. We need to wake up!, it's not Bush vs Bonehead or vice versa.
It's all about control and the infringement of our rights, our intelligence, our visions, our united front, and our creativity, ie; our Americanism. WE must demand more than vicious rhetoric, scandals, and propanganda.

How do we do that?

ROVERS UNITE!
Old November 2nd, 2006, 09:04 PM
tkavan01
Trevor K
94 d90 #1304

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewap
Bush family=oil, Cheney=Haliburton, Rice=mistress??, (sorry folks), but as far as I am concerned, I don't give a damn who's Rep. or Dem. But one thing is for sure, I have lived long enough to be real tired of oil, oil issues, related politics, and related wars. If you want to "save" people from the tortures of dictators, let's invade Africa and China.
This is an oil war there is no doubt about it. Iraq has more untapped oil underneath it's sand, than the Saudis.

Does Bush control oil prices? probably not. Does his cabinet control prices? probably not. Does the oil cartel and associated supporters of the Bush admistration control prices ( or use tactics to affect the price of oil) of course. We have seen it before. Do these people get benefits from having the Bush admistration in office? Of course, we have seen it before. Would they rig the market to lower gas prices when Republicans office is in geopardy?. Of course, we have seen that before. Does the Bush administration profit from this, of course it does.

The oil cartel is not an imaginary boogie man.They control the world, without them and oil we are screwed. Most un-American IMO. Monopoly is constitutionaly illegal.The cartel and their influences would have everyone believe that any other type of fuel is not "economically viable.I'm sure that the change from horse and buggy to petrol engine cars and the distribution of fuel, was not an "economically viable solution" in the old days. But it was Progress. It was worth it. We took risks, we led the way. Now, the only thing we hear is that progress is NOT worth it. We are still using archeaic technology. The catalyst engine is the ONLY technology that has not progressed for almost a hundred years.

Other countries are converting to LPG, and alternate fuels in the private market. Why don't we? because it's not economicaly viable we say. For now that is...big money to spend,and the ruination of the oil companies.
No vision + no progress = no future. Most un-American IMO. America needs leaders..into the future. Not Cartel minded good old boys club politicians bullsh.ters.

Yes oil is king, just as Cotton was King, which was the underlying cause of the Civil war. I don't love any of them..the politicians. If you want a love affair with Bush, or with Hillary, or with Fritz the Cat, thats your business. (If you love Jesus, then don't involve him in politics). All I know is that we need a change, a real look to the future (not the immediate), and we need leadership for that.

We have no leadership, we Americans are in trouble. We need to wake up!, it's not Bush vs Bonehead or vice versa.
It's all about control and the infringement of our rights, our intelligence, our visions, our united front, and our creativity, ie; our Americanism. WE must demand more than vicious rhetoric, scandals, and propanganda.

How do we do that?

ROVERS UNITE!
I think you need to replace cartel with the word OPEC, they are the true cartel...

I wish i could boy cott oil products like i do diamonds ( my wife's engagement diamond came from the canada mines) we won't ever buy another diamond, except maybe one of those new grown diamonds which are better then the real thing... bc they certainly support a monopoly and a blood conflicts. the problem we have here in america is the ultra wealthy can move things however they want, give me a billion dollars and i'm willing to bet i can my next door neighbor elected president, of course he'd have to agree to be a puppet to the puppet masters we call the democrats or republicans...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
diesel, ht