No diesel in sight for the US? - Page 3 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old November 3rd, 2006, 08:35 PM
Re-Fendered 90

If you believe wholeheartedly any report published by a completely partisan politician, or group of partisan politicians, I feel sorry for you. Sen. Levin is one of the most consistently partisan Senators in D.C. How convincing would it be if I posted up a report by Carl Rove stating the opposite?

It's funny that you would believe this and use it to try to advance your position, when there have been many separate independent investigations that have said just the opposite. I love other people's point of view, but when it is totally driven by blind emotion or close-minded partisan politics, I don't respect it. I won't spend any more time trying to convince you, it's your opinion and you have every right to base it on whatever you want.

Follow-up Post:

Originally Posted by thewap
Ok Buckon I will meet you half way and state I mispoke. I should have said stopped and reversed progress in the budget
of alternate fuels and sciences. I respectfully disagree with Bush doing more than any other Prez on alternate fuel, and allotted funds are different than expended funds. Alternate tech & fuels to Bush, translates more to nuclear power, and drilling the artic. His budget is a shill. Given funds to real alternate fuel research, and developped programs, that reflect a realistic effort on this admistration to end dependance on fossil fuel oil, is non existent. At least none that I can see.

Now in all fairness, I haven't seen a dedicated program developped by the Dems, just a lot of talk. Money talks, and the oil companies have it. The diesel engine and it's capability of burning an alternate fuel is not fantasy subject to trillions of dollars research. Processing soy bean oil is not einstein intense. If free enterprise rules fuel in the USA, then I would be interested to see any free enterprise attempt to distribute veg oil on stand nationally, or any other fuel for that matter.

For me, a real alternate fuel gov. sponsored program is very important. 1. the oil countries would revert back to playing in the sand. 2. they could bomb themselves if they are not happy with the state of their economy 3. We wouldn't be obsessed with the whole bunch 4. The air would be cleaner, 5. the shieks could turn the oil fields into museums of jurassic Park, and 6. Not only our engines would improve MPGs, but our cooking will.
You seem like an honest guy and I enjoyed our little banter here.

2009 King of the Hammers

BUCK Wild Racing
Driver: Me
Co-driver: Pat Quirk
Team 911

Rover Tracks
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline

Made it further than half of the other guys, but the Hammers won.
Old January 29th, 2007, 06:48 PM
Randy Black
'95 D 90 SW
Originally Posted by ECR
That why gas prices are going down prior to the mid-term elections.
If you don't think Bush has big oil money on his mind you are a insane.

What's up with gas prices, here in God's country they have been going down slowly but steadily since this summer.

Did anyone notice that natural gas prices stayed steady and even lower than recent winters. All this while the Rocky Mountain west was getting hit with snow storm after snow storm. It has even been colder with more snow than usual here, compared to recent winters.

New York and much of the northeast was having a warmer than usual winter though.

Funny thing is, when Manhattan had their first cold snap of the season natural gas prices jumped 10% the day the big dollar investors stepped out of their Limo's and into the cold on the way to the office.

Those oil guys must be really pissed at Bush.

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. -Thomas Jefferson
Old January 29th, 2007, 07:08 PM
Loic Fabro
95 D90 - 96 Disco -06 LR3
Originally Posted by snuffer
Those oil guys must be really pissed at Bush.
Or they have a deal so that election year goes like a breeze..... and following year will be different....

Originally Posted by Daddymow View Post
I have an ex MoD and an ex wife. The two no longer conflict with each other.
Originally Posted by ron View Post
it is not hoarding it is selective collecting
1995 D90 NAS
1996 Discovery NAS
2006 LR3 NAS (hers, but comfy! :) )

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

diesel, ht