NJ to CO to NJ end of March early April - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old February 17th, 2011, 05:46 PM
alastair
AJS
84/94/95/2013

NJ to CO to NJ end of March early April

I've got plans to complete this round trip around the end of March, to make a wedding in Breckenridge on April 2nd. Right now, I may incorperate picking up a new 90 into the drive or I might end up doing out and back in a rental of some sort. I can't commit to transporting anything gigantic due to that uncertainty but I'd certainly be willing to carry a couple of things for people needing them. I'll add more details as I hash them out, just thought I'd put this out there in the meantime.

NJ to CO - Last few days of March

CO to NJ - First week of April
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 17th, 2011, 05:50 PM
don
Don Bunnell
'86 110 3dr ST

Registry
Sounds like a cool trip. Are you bringing any of the 2 wheelers? Breck will probably still have snow but there might be spots out there to ride - not sure how far Moab is but could be a possbility?
Old February 17th, 2011, 05:55 PM
alastair
AJS
84/94/95/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by don View Post
Sounds like a cool trip. Are you bringing any of the 2 wheelers? Breck will probably still have snow but there might be spots out there to ride - not sure how far Moab is but could be a possbility?
Yeah I'll be bringing the McClung and my dog (the real reason I'm driving). I reached out to some people in Breck' and they said there will be good riding in Fuita at that time of year. You're welcome to come Don! A co-driver would cut the drive time in half
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 17th, 2011, 09:52 PM
don
Don Bunnell
'86 110 3dr ST

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by alastair View Post
Yeah I'll be bringing the McClung and my dog (the real reason I'm driving). I reached out to some people in Breck' and they said there will be good riding in Fuita at that time of year. You're welcome to come Don! A co-driver would cut the drive time in half
Damn... if I didn't have 3 kids and 2 dogs and a house to worry about I would be all over it :D I'd love to ride some Rockie Mtn singletrack and whatever spots we could find on the way out - when the kids get older I'll be road-tripping a lot more.
Old February 17th, 2011, 10:13 PM
61rover
John Crouse
'93 NAS D110 (#8) / '61 Series II

Registry
Ski resorts will still be open. Most don't close till the second week of April.
Old February 17th, 2011, 10:14 PM
JohnsD90
John
74 SIII 88", 88 110, 91 110

Registry
Where do you guys ride here? I did diablo this year and have done some westchester, LI and upstate NY trails.
Old March 1st, 2011, 06:59 PM
alastair
AJS
84/94/95/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnsD90 View Post
Where do you guys ride here? I did diablo this year and have done some westchester, LI and upstate NY trails.
My two local sets of trails are Allaire State Park and Hartshorne Woods. Both pretty small by most standards, but given that they are only minutes away I'm not complaining. I ride singlespeed only these days, so twisty and fast hardpack is the order of the day.

When I feel like taking a road trip I'll head up to VT or upstate NY. In NY I like Stewart, Jockey Hill and Wilson.

Anyway, I thought I'd bump this thread seeing as the reason I started it was to offer to transport parts that could be dropped off along my route. I booked my hotel in CO today, so it's on. At this point it looks like I'll be driving a Defender on the trip too. Me and my dog, a couple of bikes on the back. If anyone needs something that'll fit in the back of the 90 with my dog I'll certainly try and help out.
Old March 1st, 2011, 08:32 PM
ini88
Daniel Marcello
Alloy+Grit Creative Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnsD90 View Post
I've been riding Diablo for the past 8 years. Great place for downhill around the NYC area. Plattakill is good too. Sadly I just sold my two Brooklyn Machine Works. Been getting into motorcycles more and more.

alastair, drive the white 90 out. Its made that trip before It knows the way!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat