Newbie here what is the history - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old April 3rd, 2013, 02:05 AM
CDeWan
Clay DeWan
5.3L beastie

Newbie here what is the history

I saw a brand new 94 AA yellow 90 in Sarasota, FL when they first arrived and drooled. I was 24 at the time and could not afford one so fast forward 12 years and and got my hands on a 94 in 2006. Since then I haven't really been able to shut up on the forum and I still have plenty of screw ball ideas about stuff to make (stay tuned).

But if I think about it, I am a newbie on this forum. So here goes, what is the history of this forum from an 'ole timer' perspective. who's pissed off who, who is the most knowledgeable AND gracious forum member you know, who's no longer on the forum that you would wish back etc. This thing existed way before I got here so as JQuinlan pointed out there is a long history for this thread (and the folks who are here) and maybe there are a few words of wisdom form the long time posters so care to share. I don't want an I poking fest but more of paying respect to the folks that have already walk in Defender shoes for some. I imagine there are some that used to post but have gotten feed up or just plain moved on for various reasons...so enlighten me!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 3rd, 2013, 07:27 AM
o2batsea
Bill Adams
66 109 sw 94 lwb

Registry
Lets not forget the lro and mendo list folks

1966 109 5 door wagon 300Tdi "spermaceti fueled"
1994 RRC LeWiB "ruining the air behind me"
1968 2A 88

All my troubles are Rover
Old April 3rd, 2013, 07:28 AM
winn442
Winn Bearden

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDeWan View Post
I saw a brand new 94 AA yellow 90 in Sarasota, FL when they first arrived and drooled. I was 24 at the time and could not afford one so fast forward 12 years and and got my hands on a 94 in 2006.
Reminds me of the first time I visited a Land Rover Center.....I had already been through a couple of Series trucks and a 88 Range Rover...couldn't wait to run over and see the brand new 94 d90's sitting on the lot....first thing I noticed was rusty water dripping out from under the cappings....then I went inside, a brand new RR sitting in the middle of the showroom floor, two pans sitting under it catching oil from the power steering and transfer case.....
Advertisement

Old April 3rd, 2013, 09:00 AM
Manimal
Carl Jonsson
1995 NAS D90 #219
Site Team

Andy may not have a Land Rover but he has a lot of experience running these type of forum sites. Many improvements have been made since the site was taken over and it has seen explosive growth of new members so frankly I don't care what kind of car Andy drives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSBriggs View Post
I don't think Andy has a Land Rover.

-Jeff

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat