Newbie here, greetings to all - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old August 23rd, 2006, 01:32 PM
Neil McCauley
Neil McCauley
94 ST, 97 ST, 93 110

Red face Newbie here, greetings to all

Greetings and Salutations, new member here saying hi to all. Can't tell you guys how valuable your threads are here. I've already found information that I need to help me work on my 94 D90 that I've had for 7 years. I've been driving a Series III in Los Angeles for 13 years. I can't wait to get started. I just had a rough break up with my fiance, 14 years (ouch) So I'm trying to cope, which isn't easy but throwing myself into school, especially my rovers is my last ditch attempt to save my sanity. (Shes on my mind 24/7) Sorry to unload here, gonna get back to work and check these boards periodically throughout the day for the rest of my life lol. I'm also a member at Calguns.net, feel free to check that one out if your a Caligunnutter like me. I'll be keeping the gun safe locked for awhile lol. Thanks all!

Neil
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 23rd, 2006, 02:03 PM
thewap
Marc
'95 D90 SW#106

Registry
Hi Neil, break up with Fiancee? no sweat. try divorce- been there, done that. Twice!. You probly saved yourself
a lot of grief.

As far as "(Shes on my mind 24/7)" your talking 'bout the Rover right? if not, this board will change that.
Welcome!
Marc
Old August 23rd, 2006, 02:26 PM
Neil McCauley
Neil McCauley
94 ST, 97 ST, 93 110

Thumbs up

Well currently, both of them are on my mind, mostly the human variety, I mean I didn't even get to the marriage part, we were suppost to be married 2 weeks ago. I even regretted not having a kid with her, at least I know I would be able to see her again. I know thats crazy talk. Thats why its so hard on me right now, I think its starting to sink in now that I will never have kids with her, wake up to her everyday, well you get the picture. I met her when I was 18, I'm 32 now and I've been faithful since. Broke up over a stupid arguement with her parents, now they hate me, including her. Don't know whats gonna happen now, its really the only time I'm actually happy my rover broke down lol. The ignition cylinder just stopped working, so I bought a new one from British Pacific, along with a new viscous coupling for the radiator fan. I just felt like replacing it seeing how its so old. Probably should flush out the radiators on both trucks soon. Another way to do something good for them and for myself. Sorry about your divorce(s), I can only imagine how tough it was for you, not even worried about her. I realized everyones right, gotta love ourselves before we love others, which means I'll start working on me, before I can try to help others. Well thanks for saying hi Marc, I look forward to all the great advice from you and everyone else. Take care.

Neil
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 23rd, 2006, 03:03 PM
shawnpalmer
Shawn Palmer
1997 SW-Arles Blue

Registry
Sorry to hear about that. Maybe this is a higher power telling you to fix the damn Rover. If your truck is anything like mine, it will keep you busy for the rest of your life. Just worry about you, the Rover, and that next piece of ass. Relationships are really fun in the beginning anyway, lots of good sex and drinking. It slowly tapers off, and gradually ends in a steamy hot pile of shit that is twice as bad as hell, and that's if you are lucky.
Let her go, and welcome to the best thing you ever did for yourself.

97 D90 SW
Old August 23rd, 2006, 04:37 PM
Gore Ranger
Jeff
1989 RRC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuddyOval
Sorry to hear about that. Maybe this is a higher power telling you to fix the damn Rover. If your truck is anything like mine, it will keep you busy for the rest of your life. Just worry about you, the Rover, and that next piece of ass. Relationships are really fun in the beginning anyway, lots of good sex and drinking. It slowly tapers off, and gradually ends in a steamy hot pile of shit that is twice as bad as hell, and that's if you are lucky.
Let her go, and welcome to the best thing you ever did for yourself.
lol :-)

I just moved in with my girlfriend at 25.

Anyway, I would replace the oil cooler lines asap on that 94. I am going to do mine this weekend.

the d90 is a complete chick magnet!
Old August 23rd, 2006, 05:20 PM
Neil McCauley
Neil McCauley
94 ST, 97 ST, 93 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gore Ranger
lol :-)

I just moved in with my girlfriend at 25.

Anyway, I would replace the oil cooler lines asap on that 94. I am going to do mine this weekend.

the d90 is a complete chick magnet!

Thats smart advice, funny you brought that up though because those oil cooler lines blew on my rig with the first owner. He had to replace the 3.9 with a 4.0 because he didn't turn the rig off. Of course new lines were put in and I check them periodically, they are still ok. I once saw a pair of stainless steel braided hose that supposedly never blows at Rovers Accessories in Torrance. They weren't willing to sell them alone as they mentioned the threads have to have teflon tape put on the right way and that a lot of people put them in wrong so they insist on doing it for you. Congratulations Gore, I wish you two the very best. Just remember that you are blessed. I reflect back and at times I did take for granted (not always) my relationship with her and now I've lost her. Just remember, you don't know what you had until you lost it. God Bless.

Neil
Old August 23rd, 2006, 05:34 PM
Hillbilly Raider
MANDY STRINGER
Tombraider90

Fix yer truck and then you will fix your love life! cool bloke... cool truck..... =new girlfriend!
welcome to the forum we will look after you!
xxx
Mandy.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old August 23rd, 2006, 05:56 PM
Neil McCauley
Neil McCauley
94 ST, 97 ST, 93 110

Sean and Mandy and everyone else thanks for the support. All you guys helped me feel better today, I know its going to be tough the next couple of months, years....who knows.......sigh. It's really great to meet you guys that share a common interest. Cheers!

Neil
Old August 23rd, 2006, 05:59 PM
thewap
Marc
'95 D90 SW#106

Registry
Yup the last divorce was rough. Lost one Range Rover, and my 110 was held hostage for years. I sold it at extreme loss due to neglect. I escaped with the D90 SW though and have maintained it like one of my kids. (yes I have multiple sprogs running around). MAKE NO MISTAKE! Rovers are a way of life. When your down, your Rover will remind you who you are... (how prophetic eh?).

Fight with her parents?. Now that is the quintessential mistake.. Maybe you should drop your pants and shmoozz the parents first, then see what happens. If your fiancee was as serious as you seem to be, then she will come around..(that is if you shhhhmooozz the parents). If not, time to move on. There are plenty of Rover loving gals out there.

Good luck, I feel for you.
Marc

PS; the above post is solely advice. Marc cannot be held liable or accountable for knowledge shared concerning topics he has absolutely no knowledge of.
Old August 23rd, 2006, 06:21 PM
Neil McCauley
Neil McCauley
94 ST, 97 ST, 93 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewap
Yup the last divorce was rough. Lost one Range Rover, and my 110 was held hostage for years. I sold it at extreme loss due to neglect. I escaped with the D90 SW though and have maintained it like one of my kids. (yes I have multiple sprogs running around). MAKE NO MISTAKE! Rovers are a way of life. When your down, your Rover will remind you who you are... (how prophetic eh?).

Fight with her parents?. Now that is the quintessential mistake.. Maybe you should drop your pants and shmoozz the parents first, then see what happens. If your fiancee was as serious as you seem to be, then she will come around..(that is if you shhhhmooozz the parents). If not, time to move on. There are plenty of Rover loving gals out there.

Good luck, I feel for you.
Marc

PS; the above post is solely advice. Marc cannot be held liable or accountable for knowledge shared concerning topics he has absolutely no knowledge of.
I did apologize, I went back a few days after, cried my eyes out and apologized. I dumped my pride and even though they started it, I still went back to apologize. I didn't do it for them, I did it for myself and for her, because I knew I won't see them again (they dont' live in this country) and wanted to be the better man. She was pissed because they came all this way from Germany to see this thing happen, and it didn't. But its not like they just came for that, they saw some empty lots they bought off the internet, went to Vegas, went shopping saw their daughter etc. Prior to that they haven't been here in the US in 14 years. Anyway even after I apologized, her mom turned her back on me and literally blew cigarette smoke in my face (shes smokes like a chimney) Her dad said "Don't call her or come over here anymore". I was like thinking "Shes 33 years old, thats crazy". Even afterward she said "I think its wrong to do this behind their back because they came all this way". So right now I'm just giving her space, I mean what else can I do. Sure she could of supported me a little more and mabye I am being hard on myself as they did insult me first even though my family and I took them to dinner, gave them gifts and other things. I told her I didn't come into this trying to start trouble, but her mom convinced her I was a bad person and that she'll forever be unhappy with me, even though we've had great times together, bought her lots of things, in 14 years, fixed all her cars and maintained them, I can't even name all the things I've done for her. They left town on Monday so hopefully I can talk to her without mom poisoning her anymore. I don't know whats going to happen but I pray everyday that she'll call me and we can sort this out. I've never been closer to god (and my rovers lol) as I am now and truthfully I don't know how I'm able to handle it, its been a rough 3 weeks for me, worst in my life. At one point I lost interest in everything I enjoyed to do, including eating and sleeping. All I got is prayer (no immediate family around except my parents who never liked her anyway) and my rovers and all the things that need fixing, and can't forget my job I guess, things could be worse. Whatever happens it'll play itself out, I'll just keep praying. Thanks

Neil
Old August 23rd, 2006, 07:20 PM
Hillbilly Raider
MANDY STRINGER
Tombraider90

OK. now this is from a womans point of view ok?

her parents have probably "tolerated" you all these years to please their daughter.
us women LOVE to p**s off the parentals with "unsuitable" boyfriends/husbands.
NOW... she must know their feelings and up untill now she has put her feelings/wants/needs before theirs and been with you?!

You running after her is NOT THE WAY TO GO!!!
SHE MUST BE THE ONE TO DO THE RUNNING! then her parents will back off so to make their daughter happy. that sorts them out! NOW....
us women like to think we are in charge ! and that men cant live without us,
we do the dumping NOT the man!.. a woman scorned and all that?!
a man thats been dumped, and appears not to pine away and DOES NOT beg for us to take them back.....
IS A CHALLENGE! THAT MUST BE WON!!!

I have been happily married for nearly 20 years, but it very nearly didnt happen.
My husband( was my sort of boy friend then) totally adored me and gave me any thing i wanted.
I knew this and took advantage of it any way i could. ( i am not proud of it)
i used to go out with other guys, i even used to get him to drive me to see these other guys!!!
TILL one day he told me enough was enough, and that i had to choose between him and/or them!
he wasnt gonna be a doormat any more , no matter how much he loved me!!!
I laughed, afterall i was young, and there were plenty more suckers out there like him!
so... i walked away with no thought for his feelings.
A week went by... and i realised that out of all the guys i had ever known, HE was the one who LOVED me WHAT EVER i did, and that i would NEVER find someone like that again?
I phoned him and said if he would have me i would NEVER let him down again.
That was as i said nearly 20 years ago......
AND I HAVE NEVER REGRETTED IT!
I hope this helps you ?
If SHE has that comittment to YOU .... SHE will do likewise.
Mandy.

Old August 23rd, 2006, 07:53 PM
thewap
Marc
'95 D90 SW#106

Registry
Hey Neil,

my first wife was German. Got divorced in Germany. I think I can understand the mentality. (my second was Irish..from Clones Monaghan.. good God when will I learn?).

So you did the right thing by facing the fan when the crap was thrown at it. Good man. Knowing what I know about German parents, the time to beg should be over. Let the parents be for now. They are not really the issue. Your fiancee is the issue, or has issues. You sound like a good dude. So don't beat yourself up. Lick your wounds, feel good about yourself, then take charge, don't wait for "her call" , when you feel up to it, you call her and find out if she is willing to work it out WITHOUT her parents. Dude, marriage is all about working out the tough together. This episode should give you insight. If it doesn't work out, it was meant to be. If it does, you can both tell the parents to butt out, but that you will always respect them. (Germans are tough. Sometimes you have to be tough with them for them to understand).

An ol' asian friend of mine said" a man must follow his path to destiny" the woman who is willing to follow him in his destiny is his soulmate". I believe the same can be said vice versa. But it has to be mutual. The asian friend also said" tortured souls are the ones who try to force their path unto another".

Marc

Follow-up Post:

Mandy is the voice of wisdom..
Old August 24th, 2006, 12:25 PM
Neil McCauley
Neil McCauley
94 ST, 97 ST, 93 110

Thanks for your story Mandy, it is very profound and it has an important lesson but most importantly, it had a happy ending. I agree with you that I shouldn't pursue her like some furtive pursuer but I can't just ignore her because I believe that deep down inside her, she wants me to fight for her. Or mabye I'm just telling myself what I want to hear but after 14 years, I have to trust my gut and believe, its all I have at this point. Marc pretty much described how I feel about it and shes alone right now so I'll turn up the notch a bit. Just to let her know I love her and care about her and isn't about to chuck 14 years so easily. At this point, I'm almost willing to let her throw me in jail for tresspassing or something just to show her how much I need her. Crazy talk again I know. I think its rather cold of her parents to just tell her to break up with me after 14 years, tell her to find someone better and just leave her for who knows how long. I called her cell phone last night and thankfully, she didn't answer. I did call a little late so she was probably already going to bed or in bed. I'm not sure whats going to happen at this point but at least I had time to think about what I"m going to say to her at the gym last night. I even thought about you guys on the way back. It's really hard to think inside a series III, that overdrive takes up most of my attention. I've gotten used to it over the years but I must garner a lot of hate from my speedy Los Angelinos brethren. Take care you guys, thanks for the advice.

Neil
Old August 24th, 2006, 01:38 PM
Hillbilly Raider
MANDY STRINGER
Tombraider90

what ever the out come, i hope both of you learn something from this
what do they say? love is blind?
take care.
M.

Old August 24th, 2006, 08:54 PM
Andrew Vick
Andrew Vick
95 D90

Sheesh. "As the World Turns".

Good luck Neil.
Old August 25th, 2006, 12:35 AM
thewap
Marc
'95 D90 SW#106

Registry
[I even thought about you guys on the way back. It's really hard to think inside a series III]

LOL, good ol' series never lets you down. Won't let you think 'bout nothing but Rover.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat