Old January 4th, 2011, 10:27 PM
AmityD90
Gery
1987 ROW D90

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffs90 View Post
Hey Horsey,

I have been catching up on the posts over the last couple of days. You have been busy. It's funny I actuall have to thank you for my returning to the board. I had been in my 90 in months. Been traveling for work and just busy with some other stuff (bought an old 911). I was in Hoboken recently and I think I saw your truck. I saw this ridiculously accessorized black 90 and thought hey I have one of those just nicer. I went home and fired the old girl up and had it detailed.

Thanks Horsey. Your piece of shit made me really appreciate my truck again. I am glad to be back.

Hopefully I can contribute half of what you do and enjoy some Neil nudey pics at the same time.
So far we haven't seen any picts of your 90. Since you got it detailed, let's see some picts of the "old girl"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 4th, 2011, 10:30 PM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

When the big war comes we will be dived in two sides. It is sad really. You poor bastards who care for the rhinolined horse!

------ Follow up post added January 4th, 2011 07:46 PM ------

I wouldn't mind seeing your truck either. I assume it looks very different than all the other red 1995 soft tops out there.

Do you have any rhinoling?
Old January 4th, 2011, 10:49 PM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
----grrr
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 4th, 2011, 10:54 PM
rijosho
Joshua

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjf View Post
When the big war comes we will be dived in two sides. It is sad really. You poor bastards who care for the rhinolined horse!

Jeff can be our Brian/specops of the East Coast...it sounds like their trucks see just about the same amount of sunlight. Last I checked, these are Land Rovers, not Vampires...

Quote:

Jeff, please tell me it's Rhinolined. You've seen what happens when these things aren't rhinolined, right? It's not pretty (see pic).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	get rhinolined 1.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	34526   Click image for larger version

Name:	get rhinolined 2.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	49.1 KB
ID:	34527  

Old January 4th, 2011, 10:57 PM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

Horsey

You can't have Jeff. He is already in place for the war. This way I don't have to travel. Besides I don't care if he is a casualty. Brian I might be sad about. I mean he does have an extra garage space for me.
Old January 4th, 2011, 10:58 PM
huck1974
shane cates
94 d90

Quote:
Originally Posted by rijosho View Post
Jeff can be our Brian/specops of the East Coast...it sounds like their trucks see just about the same amount of sunlight. Last I checked, these are Land Rovers, not Vampires...

Jeff, please tell me it's Rhinolined. You've seen what happens when these things aren't rhinolined, right? It's not pretty (see pic).
So true. I set mine on fire last year. It was funny to those observing.
And I love you too
Old January 4th, 2011, 10:58 PM
rijosho
Joshua

Registry
Quote:
I mean he does have an extra garage space for me.
Wait, why would you need an extra garage space?
Old January 4th, 2011, 10:59 PM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

Also you know the golden rule. No matter how much I don't like you I never want to see another Defender burn. Jeff make sure you get stainless oil lines if you haven't already.

Who am I kidding, I would live Horsey's truck to go up in flames with nothing left to identify the truck other than his old brake rotors and bald spare tire.

------ Follow up post added January 4th, 2011 08:05 PM ------

Horsey I drive the hummer daily you know that. My blue truck lives at Brian's most of the year.
Old January 4th, 2011, 11:23 PM
AmityD90
Gery
1987 ROW D90

Registry
Quote:

------ Follow up post added January 4th, 2011 07:46 PM ------
I wouldn't mind seeing your truck either. I assume it looks very different than all the other red 1995 soft tops out there.

Only rhinolined the 911
Seriously, Barry, I really just love talking about our rides. Never liked negative commentary.
If you are ever out in the east coast, I'll be buying the first round of drinks!
Old January 4th, 2011, 11:24 PM
chris snell
Chris Snell
87 Ex-MOD 110

I thought Barry's trucks lived at the mechanic's place. He certainly didn't do his own work on them. Barry, have you learned to change your oil yet?
Old January 4th, 2011, 11:32 PM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

Chris

Do you still not like me because I think carpet in a soft top is dumb and I let you know?

Yes my truck recently had a water pump replaced and no not by me. Yes I know how to change the oil. Over the course of having that NAS 110 and doing so much shit to it day and day out I honestly never want to change oil, transmission fluid (so annoying with a long line and pump), transfer case fluid, or bleed brakes ever again. I rather pay someone for that crap.

------ Follow up post added January 4th, 2011 08:41 PM ------

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmityD90

Only rhinolined the 911
Seriously, Barry, I really just love talking about our rides. Never liked negative commentary.
If you are ever out in the east coast, I'll be buying the first round of drinks!
I will happily drink beers with you. Horsey though I am not so sure.
Old January 5th, 2011, 01:33 PM
jeffs90
Jeff Hirsch
1995 Red ST

Oil Lines check. Guy who is doing some work in his spare time on my other car is making the lines for me.

I will not be anyone's casualty.

Wait someone has carpet in a soft top? Did it come like that? Truck must stink if it has ever been rained in.

Now that I think about it. I would like carpet in my truck. Maybe a nice berber with some thick padding underneath so I could really walk around barefoot in the truck and enjoy the plushness.
Old January 5th, 2011, 03:40 PM
chris snell
Chris Snell
87 Ex-MOD 110

My truck had dealer-installed carpet. I have a Badger top and it doesn't get rain in it, so no stink. I recently replaced the rear carpet with high-end automotive carpet that matches the front. I like it a lot.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/defende...7624890447217/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/defende...7624662190639/

I've since added cargo tie-downs (genuine DII tie-downs) and an Engel slide-lock to that cargo floor.

Barry just hates carpet because he can't appreciate nice things. I'll bet his kitchen has linoleum flooring:

http://uglyhousephotos.com/wordpress...sflooring3.jpg
Old January 5th, 2011, 03:48 PM
rijosho
Joshua

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris snell View Post
My truck had dealer-installed carpet. I have a Badger top and it doesn't get rain in it, so no stink. I recently replaced the rear carpet with high-end automotive carpet that matches the front. I like it a lot.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/defende...7624890447217/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/defende...7624662190639/

I've since added cargo tie-downs (genuine DII tie-downs) and an Engel slide-lock to that cargo floor.

Barry just hates carpet because he can't appreciate nice things. I'll bet his kitchen has linoleum flooring:

http://uglyhousephotos.com/wordpress...sflooring3.jpg

That black Badger top with the no windows in the back looks pretty awesome on the truck! Did you just get that?

You and Barry actually have pretty much the same Flickr accounts with pictures of Rolex watches and Defenders.
Old January 5th, 2011, 04:15 PM
cwilder
Chad
2012 110 Black

Registry
Funny you guys are talking about carpet. My 90 has carpet and I plan to remove it. It was done by the previous owner. It doesn't look bad I just don't want it. I am considering joining the Rhino line club.
Old January 5th, 2011, 04:43 PM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

Personal opinion:
I really like Chris's truck and every mod he has done. It is sad our friendship has to be destroyed over the fact I hate carpet in a soft top and he wears a saphire crystal rolex.

Anyway on that note, I would rather carpet than rhinolining. At least with carpet, when it smells like Horsey's bed, you rip it out and either put new in or put rubber in. With rhinolining, when you are sick of it what do you do? I mean if it is done right where everything is removed and each panel is done separate like ECR does then fine as you can still cover that with rubber or carpet or what not but if you put it on with a fire hose you are destroying the value of your truck.
Old January 5th, 2011, 05:07 PM
specops1526
Brian
Beluga '97 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by rijosho
That black Badger top with the no windows in the back looks pretty awesome on the truck!
Yeah, but with no light in the back how can you see the mold that's growing on the carpet? Maybe that's a good thing...

-->
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Beluga 97 D-90
Chawton 04 DII SE
Tangiers 04 DII G4
Old January 5th, 2011, 05:35 PM
cellulararrest
Chris Snyder
1994 D90 #614 | '07 L322 SC

Quote:
Originally Posted by rijosho View Post
That black Badger top with the no windows in the back looks pretty awesome on the truck! Did you just get that?
It does look really good, but I must ask. How are the blind spots? They must be absolutely horrific. I can't imagine my truck without the side windows.

This thread has meandered quite a bit. oops.
Old January 5th, 2011, 05:37 PM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

The mold glowing green must keep the inside of the truck nice and bright.
Old January 5th, 2011, 06:18 PM
Cred
Clarence
1994 D90 #1057

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmityD90 View Post
So far we haven't seen any picts of your 90. Since you got it detailed, let's see some picts of the "old girl"
Yep still waiting on pics!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat