Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old September 18th, 2012, 07:47 PM
bossman429
Adrian
1988 90

Registry
New Hampshire / Vermont / New England / Mt. Washington peeps

So I'm getting married Oct 12th, and we were wanting to do something the weekend before. A co-worker just went up to Mt. Washington and enjoyed it, so I convinced the to be wifey lets take a trip up to Mt. Washington, camp the night and do some hiking.

We're going to leave Friday PM after work and try to find something about halfway up. We were thinking either Bennington VT or Portsmouth NH for a night in a hotel. Get some dinner, maybe some drinks, and then up and out early Sat AM. Drive up to Moose Brook Camp site just down the rd a bit from Mt. Washington. Do some Hiking, sight seeing, enjoying the outdoors type stuff Sat and Sun and leave to come home about mid-day Sunday.

I convinced her (and myself) to take the Rover on its first LONG road trip. It will obvously be all pavement but It should add to the adventurous spirit of the trip if nothing else.

Soooo anyone have any suggestions of what to do/what to see while we go up there. Also any other suggestions of a halfway point for Friday night?

We're just looking to get away before the hectic week we know will be following up until the wedding..... ater that, its two long weeks in the carribean and no worries at all!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 19th, 2012, 05:48 AM
GaryBaxter
Gary Baxter
None

Congratulations. Just be careful if you're going to summit Mt. Washington as there could be snow and nasty weather up there. Your timing should be good for some nice foliage in the area. If you have time, I would recommend traversing the Kancamagus Highway (Route 112) from Lincoln to Conway as it is a very nice ride with some great hiking spots along the route.

As far as a halfway point goes, Portsmouth is a great town and right off 95 with some nice restaurants. And Matt Browne is close by if your Rover acts up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bossman429 View Post
So I'm getting married Oct 12th, and we were wanting to do something the weekend before. A co-worker just went up to Mt. Washington and enjoyed it, so I convinced the to be wifey lets take a trip up to Mt. Washington, camp the night and do some hiking.

We're going to leave Friday PM after work and try to find something about halfway up. We were thinking either Bennington VT or Portsmouth NH for a night in a hotel. Get some dinner, maybe some drinks, and then up and out early Sat AM. Drive up to Moose Brook Camp site just down the rd a bit from Mt. Washington. Do some Hiking, sight seeing, enjoying the outdoors type stuff Sat and Sun and leave to come home about mid-day Sunday.

I convinced her (and myself) to take the Rover on its first LONG road trip. It will obvously be all pavement but It should add to the adventurous spirit of the trip if nothing else.

Soooo anyone have any suggestions of what to do/what to see while we go up there. Also any other suggestions of a halfway point for Friday night?

We're just looking to get away before the hectic week we know will be following up until the wedding..... ater that, its two long weeks in the carribean and no worries at all!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
new england