New Defender! - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old October 4th, 2014, 04:36 PM
petminded
David
1995 Defender 90- Yellow- Soft Top

New Defender!

Ok. I may be posting old news.... and if so I apologize now. I'm here walking the floor of the Orange County auto show ( California).... I just left the LR booth where they confirmed that LR is bringing back the Defender! Date unknown.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 4th, 2014, 05:05 PM
cgalpin
Charles Galpin
'94 D90 ST, '63 SeriesIIA
Site Team

Registry
Moved to chit chat. Search for variations on this theme, but the short answer is it isn't going to happen. If/when something shows up with the name Defender it will be nothing like ours.
Old October 4th, 2014, 05:44 PM
Rocky
Chris
72 + D1 drivetrain

They are salesmen seconded to the auto show. You told them what you were interested in and they told you what you wanted to hear.

I don't know about the brakes, only their unreliability.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 4th, 2014, 05:57 PM
petminded
David

When i was young I dated a few of these ladies. Sexy yes. Sales women no. Just aspiring actresses. She said that it was mentioned in their training session 1 month ago.

As for a new Defender not being anything like what we drive today. I agree, the new Toyota FJ is nothing like the old FJ. But it still goes off road like the rest. And a new Defender will make Toyota and Jeep bow to the new LR King!
Old October 4th, 2014, 11:06 PM
madcowdungbeetle
Carter
1994 D90 on 37s supreme balla style

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by petminded View Post
And a new Defender will make Toyota and Jeep bow to the new LR King!
I can assure you the Jeep Wrangler will be infinitely better than whatever abortion Land Rover decides to finally dump on us.
Old October 4th, 2014, 11:11 PM
Jymmiejamz
Jimmy
1995 D90 SW #365

Registry
The manager of my old dealership was recently at the Land Rover factory and saw the prototype for the new Defender. He said it was way better than that DC100 turd. It looked like a modern Land Rover, but was still obviously a Defender at first glance. He also said the biggest difference was that the windscreen had a much larger slant than the current model. Supposedly the plan is to make the 90, 110, and 130 all available in the US.
Old October 4th, 2014, 11:19 PM
chris snell
Chris Snell
87 Ex-MOD 110

Someone should create a new forum here specifically for people to post these stupid threads.

Forums -> Non-Technical Discussions -> I Heard That Land Rover Is Bringing Back The Defender

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
/
/
/
Old October 4th, 2014, 11:35 PM
petminded
David

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jymmiejamz View Post
He said it was way better than that DC100 turd.
I would hope so. The DC100 looks like a cross between the old Freewhatever and the new Evoke.
Old October 4th, 2014, 11:44 PM
DOX
Eric Doxey
1995 Defender 90

Registry
There will be what Land Rover calls three pillars:
Range Rover
discovery
Defender
All will have a few models in each pillar and all will be sold here eventually. There will be 4 Range Rover branded cars and I believe 3 discovery haven't heard much for Defender yet.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat