New All-Mountain Bike, Opinions? - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old December 27th, 2012, 09:11 PM
JohnsD90
John
74 SIII 88", 88 110, 91 110

Registry
Well i bought the '10 Giant Reign off of Craigslist, mine is the black one, i added the Vp-001 pedals, and Deity Fantom Stem. It came with the XO shifters on it. I have an X7 Derailer on it, may switch out for my spare X9 if i ever learn how to tune... Red bike is the '12 Reign 2 i picked up for my father for christmas, my family all chipped in for it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2010 Reign 2.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	110.9 KB
ID:	63451   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	114.9 KB
ID:	63452  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 28th, 2012, 10:49 PM
don
Don Bunnell
'86 110 3dr ST

Registry
Congrats - if you got that for your price range I think you did really good. I recommend Giant a lot if someone asks who makes the best bike. I think you get a lot of value for the price that Giants typically go for.

I like the color and graphics on your black bike over the red. Deity makes some great stuff. I have a pair of their bars and a stem sitting on the bench. They have some good riders too.

Not sure if that bike will be totally fine for Mtn Creek but I always recommend renting if you don't have a DH specific or burly FR bike on hand. But with some meaty tires you could have a fun day there. That Reign will get a lot done - you'll be able to cover some miles but also hit some drops and jumps too.
Old December 29th, 2012, 06:35 AM
usadventureracing
Brett

Very nice, have fun!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 29th, 2012, 06:18 PM
JohnsD90
John
74 SIII 88", 88 110, 91 110

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by don View Post
Congrats - if you got that for your price range I think you did really good. I recommend Giant a lot if someone asks who makes the best bike. I think you get a lot of value for the price that Giants typically go for.

I like the color and graphics on your black bike over the red. Deity makes some great stuff. I have a pair of their bars and a stem sitting on the bench. They have some good riders too.

Not sure if that bike will be totally fine for Mtn Creek but I always recommend renting if you don't have a DH specific or burly FR bike on hand. But with some meaty tires you could have a fun day there. That Reign will get a lot done - you'll be able to cover some miles but also hit some drops and jumps too.
Glad to hear someone other than my father and the local bike shop (giant dealer) saying that I made a good choice, I paid $1200, its mint and came with the XO shifters, it's so nice to have a bike that doesn't have worn out components and out of tune! I am debating on doing mtn creek with it, I just don't want to destroy the bike!

We need to ride together now! Let me know when you want too.
Old January 2nd, 2013, 06:39 PM
don
Don Bunnell
'86 110 3dr ST

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnsD90 View Post
Glad to hear someone other than my father and the local bike shop (giant dealer) saying that I made a good choice, I paid $1200, its mint and came with the XO shifters, it's so nice to have a bike that doesn't have worn out components and out of tune! I am debating on doing mtn creek with it, I just don't want to destroy the bike!

We need to ride together now! Let me know when you want too.
O man - would love to. Supposed to be some nice trails up in CT too. Or at the very least hit something half way in NJ. Problem is I have hardly any time to do local rides. Getting out for the day would be tough. But if you are ever in the area, I'd love to give you a tour of our local XC trails - Hartshorne Woods in Middletown. Nothing epic but pretty fun and the views are amazing especially with the leaves off the trees.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
mount