Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old February 11th, 2009, 09:03 PM
tomaco1
T.mac
83 110

Registry
Negative Feedback?

I don't necessaryily want to blow anyone up, but was wondering the best to make others aware of the potential pitfalls of dealing with less than standup people.
In the year I've hade my 90, I have had about a hundred people give me invaluble help, and two who have been less than standup.
My question is, how do you keep the hundred great people, from falling in with the 2 shady ones? Without coming off like a bitter pr#@k!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 11th, 2009, 09:14 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
gossip :D

sorry if you didn't like the radio kit...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old February 11th, 2009, 09:21 PM
tomaco1
T.mac
83 110

Registry
All the way to Greenwich for some 2" speakers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!
I haven't even taken it out of the Box yet, but am pumped to have somewhere to put gauges!

I know its gossip, but on the other hand you don't want other people to fall into the same trap.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 11th, 2009, 10:29 PM
discotdi
Todd Miller
Land Rover

I think it is fine to state ones specific problems and or delights in dealing with folks in the Land Rover world.we could all benefit from the experiences of others. I am not sure that a "rant" thread would be helpful, but certainly people can speak up when appropriate concerning their dealings with certain companies and or individuals. The LR community needs to look out for each other and let people know about both negative and positive experiences.
Old February 11th, 2009, 10:38 PM
dave_lucas
Dave Lucas
None

Stick to the facts and post the details, that way people will be informed when / if they deal with the company / person.
Old February 11th, 2009, 10:40 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Just spill it if you were hosed. But if it's just a minor thing, we don't care.

BUCK Wild Racing
Driver: Me
Co-driver: Pat Quirk
Team 911

Rover Tracks
PSC
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Made it further than half of the other guys, but the Hammers won.
Old February 11th, 2009, 11:14 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
I was suggesting gossip.

"If you don't have anything nice to say, then please come over here and stand next to me."

Old February 12th, 2009, 12:00 AM
Departing90
Sasha
95 D90

Your post in itself is parallel to a veiled accusation regardless as the members you are referring to can see your post but will not chime in for obvious reasons such as you not mentioning them by name and or offering more specifics!

Other members here, unless they are completely void of any memory or incapable of using the search feature can surely figure it out & will also not voice their opinion for the reasons given amongst others!

As you didnít mention broken / missing parts, not as described or any refunds from Paypal, credit card companies or official disputes of any kind I can only assume that your experience was not as bad as it may sound!

If you have a beef with someone, put it out in the open and give them the opportunity to voice their side and us to decide if they are shady or not!
Old February 12th, 2009, 12:58 AM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Departing90
If you have a beef with someone, put it out in the open and give them the opportunity to voice their side and us to decide if they are shady or not!
Or just let it ride. There's a saying that goes something like "praise in public, correct in private" which I think is a good ethic for the forum. Something that is a simple disagreement can probably go unmentioned, but someone seriously defrauding someone else or awful customer service is perfectly fair material to put out in public.

Basically we don't need to start any "who shot john" arguments, mud-slinging contests, or have a big brouhaha where two parties are duking it out in the forum.

Old February 12th, 2009, 07:44 AM
pmd
Paul Dandini
None :-(

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC
..."praise in public, correct in private" ...
I like that - something I need to work on.
Old February 12th, 2009, 11:02 AM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

You should let the person try to fix it first.

There are lots of things like slow shipping or part you were not happy with etc., but 95/100 just telling the person gets it solved.
Old February 12th, 2009, 11:32 AM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Unhappy

Quote:
gossip :D

sorry if you didn't like the radio kit...

or the wheel spacers and Flex-A-Lites

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Vehicle Shipment and Importation Service
Restoration & Modification work

Old February 12th, 2009, 02:59 PM
ron
Ron
1994 NAS Defender 90

oh so its the cage you arent happy with. all you had to do is tell me : )
Old February 12th, 2009, 03:56 PM
mpsteil
Michael Steil
NAS 110#23,97 ST#665

Why not go to an ebay like system. Start a thread in the Vendors loft and let people post a positive or negative feedback. If the vendor does not like what he reads he can post a comment himself.
Old February 12th, 2009, 05:16 PM
woldd90
Scott
1997 D90 ST #1444
Site Team

On my local LR club forum, we have a Karma feedback rating... Probably not hard to add.

Old February 12th, 2009, 06:02 PM
Hans
Hans Haase
The D-90.com Lab Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryland 110
or the wheel spacers and Flex-A-Lites
I just hope the ignition coil and such is ok, as I may still be interested in his doors ;-)

My 100k stopped odometer fix

Brace for impact, I'm in a "modifying mood". Massive thread count inbound.
Old February 12th, 2009, 08:44 PM
tomaco1
T.mac
83 110

Registry
Its scary how many people I have bought stuff from!

As far as giving someone a chance to respond, thats ongoing! Many,many, unreturned calls and emails!

Follow-up Post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by discotdi
I think it is fine to state ones specific problems and or delights in dealing with folks in the Land Rover world.we could all benefit from the experiences of others. I am not sure that a "rant" thread would be helpful, but certainly people can speak up when appropriate concerning their dealings with certain companies and or individuals. The LR community needs to look out for each other and let people know about both negative and positive experiences.
Well there's this guy, lets call him Todd, who sold me a truck, and he neglected to tell me the addictive nature of upgrading and improving it! That Bast#@d!

Follow-up Post:

Quote:
I was suggesting gossip.

"If you don't have anything nice to say, then please come over here and stand next to me."
Thats an awesome quote!

Follow-up Post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Departing90
Your post in itself is parallel to a veiled accusation regardless as the members you are referring to can see your post but will not chime in for obvious reasons such as you not mentioning them by name and or offering more specifics!

Other members here, unless they are completely void of any memory or incapable of using the search feature can surely figure it out & will also not voice their opinion for the reasons given amongst others!

As you didnít mention broken / missing parts, not as described or any refunds from Paypal, credit card companies or official disputes of any kind I can only assume that your experience was not as bad as it may sound!

I think everyone I have dealt with on this site has been amazing, and I think everyone chiming in is doing so jokingly.

The party in question is not a "member" but more a outsider/lurker who members on the site are likely to deal with.

Trying to look out for the people who have been really helpful to me, without sounding like a Bit#h!
A warning to others not a bit$h session!

Follow-up Post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSBriggs
My guess its in regards to the tempered windsheild.

-Jeff
You guys remember everything! I finally got all the glass out of my dash!
Old February 12th, 2009, 09:28 PM
ECR
East Coast Rover Co.
Just Defenders, nothing else.
D-90 Source Vendor

Ya know, this kind of stuff (bad dealings) happened to me when I got in Amphicars. I did the best research I could, but as I was new to the scene I listened to those supposedly "in the know" and I got taken on some stuff. Once I got into the Amphicar world a bit more and related my stories, folks said,"Oh, you delt with Joe X, he rips everybody off." ... and it kinda pissed me off. If "everybody" new this guy was a snake, then why didn't anybody say anything?
I don't know how to address it in the Rover world, but I know I sure would have liked some honest feedback while learning the ropes of a new hobby car.
My .02

I do not check PMs. Call or email if you need something.

ECR is not a parts source. We are not in the mail order business.
Old February 12th, 2009, 09:40 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
Its also a problem of how to get info out there without being ridiculous about it. Its not really suitable to have a sticky post entitled "assholes" but anyone who has been around a while knows they are taking a risk with "that place in Montana" or one of the other nut-jobs out there. In my mind it really has to be left up to the principle of caveat emptor - buyer beware. Sometimes you get taken even when you do a good bit of research. We have some threads here started people dissatisfied with certain businesses or individuals, and we really don't take them down unless they get nasty. Its really up to the discretion of the poster to think and determine whether or not the whole community really needs to see the dirty laundry.

Old February 12th, 2009, 10:13 PM
discotdi
Todd Miller
Land Rover

Tom, the Bast@%d would love to see some pictures of the addiction. Great what you are doing. Also, like Mike I think people should warn folks about "bad apples" in the LR community. there are some shady characters out there.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
ac