Need Supplemental/Highway Vehicle - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old July 12th, 2007, 09:24 AM
tkavan01
Trevor K
94 d90 #1304

You guys are right it wasn't the altima, it was the hyundai! there is another ad from vw that advertises it being faster then the 525i, which of course doesn't exist...

buck, if your friend was driving the base model slushbox 2006 325xi then there aren't too many things slower then it...

I drove a brand new 2007 2.5 nissan altima, it had less then 3k on the clock and there is no way we are talking about the same car, the interior was completely bland, the car had 0 pickup, and the brakes where the most touchy in any car i've ever driven... maybe i was in a dud, i don't know...

All that said i'm drooling over a vw tdi, i wish i could afford it... when my wife gets a new car next year i'm hoping i can trade hers in and get me a tdi...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 12th, 2007, 11:48 AM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaxx
I have seen Hyundai boast about how it compares to a BMW...sad, because unless you've owned a BMW...you would know...there is NO comparison...atleast at that level!
I think you are saying that there is no comparison between a Hyundai and BMW? Your right on that for sure! But I have to say I was extremely dissapointed in my friends 3 series. I'll have to call him to find out which one he had. But the power wasn't the worst part. It was just a poor car. Small, uncomfortable, unimpressive. He (my buddy) was so dissapointed in it that he took it and traded it in 4 months later on a Lexus GS 300.

Now, that is a car! He paid the same amount he did on the BMW for this car with 7k on it. The Lexus GS 300 and the BMW don't even belong on the same planet. The Lexus smokes it in every single measure, all at the same price. I would say that is the best car you can buy in the 30's. I will still stick with the Altima as the best car you can get in the mid teens.

Follow-up Post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkavan01
You guys are right it wasn't the altima, it was the hyundai! there is another ad from vw that advertises it being faster then the 525i, which of course doesn't exist...

buck, if your friend was driving the base model slushbox 2006 325xi then there aren't too many things slower then it...

I drove a brand new 2007 2.5 nissan altima, it had less then 3k on the clock and there is no way we are talking about the same car, the interior was completely bland, the car had 0 pickup, and the brakes where the most touchy in any car i've ever driven... maybe i was in a dud, i don't know...

All that said i'm drooling over a vw tdi, i wish i could afford it... when my wife gets a new car next year i'm hoping i can trade hers in and get me a tdi...
I'll call him and find out which one he had. It was an auto. Keep in mind that if it was an Altima you drove and you think it had zero pickup, you are going to be suicidal in a VW Tdi.

BUCK Wild Racing
Driver: Me
Co-driver: Pat Quirk
Team 911

Rover Tracks
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PSC
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Made it further than half of the other guys, but the Hammers won.
Old July 12th, 2007, 12:03 PM
tkavan01
Trevor K
94 d90 #1304

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckon37s

I'll call him and find out which one he had. It was an auto. Keep in mind that if it was an Altima you drove and you think it had zero pickup, you are going to be suicidal in a VW Tdi.
you won 't find an argument from me that the bmw's are overpriced for what you get, but of course when i woman wants something, and she is going to pay for it, then she gets it... hell i got a d90 when i should have bought an allroad or s6...

i've given up the driving fast thing, i just want the car to get me to and from work, and maybe even haul my bike to some of the really far away mountain biking i do...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 12th, 2007, 03:58 PM
themaxx
Ade
94 ST

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkavan01

I had higher hopes when I test drove the Hyundai Sonata, the car was garbage. It has a nice exterior look, but whatever is under the hood...garbage! They could spruse up the interior a bit too.

Quote:
I think you are saying that there is no comparison between a Hyundai and BMW? Your right on that for sure!
Yup, that was exactly what I was trying to convey.

Quote:
But I have to say I was extremely dissapointed in my friends 3 series. I'll have to call him to find out which one he had. But the power wasn't the worst part. It was just a poor car. Small, uncomfortable, unimpressive. He (my buddy) was so dissapointed in it that he took it and traded it in 4 months later on a Lexus GS 300.

Now, that is a car! He paid the same amount he did on the BMW for this car with 7k on it. The Lexus GS 300 and the BMW don't even belong on the same planet. The Lexus smokes it in every single measure, all at the same price. I would say that is the best car you can buy in the 30's. I will still stick with the Altima as the best car you can get in the mid teens.
I'm surprised his BMW was that much of a dog...

The Lexus GS freaking rocks!l! $30's??? His must be a few years old, that car new runs mid to high 40's.
Old July 12th, 2007, 08:07 PM
rover4x4
Phillip
1995 SW #487/500

Registry
ford aspire. healty diet of castrol and shell or bp high test. about 170k miles still getting close to 40 a gallon. it will go 65. has a suprising amount of space. I did cut big hole in the bottom of the airbox, sounds pretty cool. I only wish it had a rear window wiper and defroster.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat