Need some beer from MN - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old June 27th, 2017, 08:18 AM
speedpin's Avatar
speedpin
Status: Offline
Adam
1985 130 Gen IV
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Fredericksburg, VA
Posts: 2,257
Registry
Need some beer from MN

Been trying to get some beer from MN. Its Rooster Lager, Bank Brewing Co, Hendricks, MN. Anyone close enough to have some in their stores?
Thanks for any help!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	GamePack.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	179.9 KB
ID:	262474  
Attached Images
 
__________________
~ Semper Fidelis ~
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old June 30th, 2017, 09:47 PM
caj13
Status: Offline
Carl
D-90 SW # 434
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Auberry Ca
Posts: 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedpin View Post
Been trying to get some beer from MN. Its Rooster Lager, Bank Brewing Co, Hendricks, MN. Anyone close enough to have some in their stores?
Thanks for any help!
So you want us to buy some and ship it? or do you have smokey and the Bandit on their way to Minnesota.

I know a guy in Minny - Sotah!

just not sure what you are wanting
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old June 30th, 2017, 10:47 PM
nathanwind's Avatar
nathanwind
Status: Offline
Jason Lavender
88-90-127-LR3
D-90 Source Vendor
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Saratoga NY
Posts: 8,736
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by caj13 View Post
or do you have smokey and the Bandit on their way to Minnesota.
Double or nothing if you make a run up to Boston and bring back some Clam Chowder for me and my daddy.
__________________
Jason Lavender
'71 Series IIA
'88 127 #F96 DKN
'94 90 NAS #324
'06 LR3 HSE

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(10% discount for DSource members, use coupon code "D90")

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4  
Old July 1st, 2017, 07:14 AM
speedpin's Avatar
speedpin
Status: Offline
Adam
1985 130 Gen IV
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Fredericksburg, VA
Posts: 2,257
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by caj13 View Post
So you want us to buy some and ship it? or do you have smokey and the Bandit on their way to Minnesota.

I know a guy in Minny - Sotah!

just not sure what you are wanting
Yes. Plan on shipping it. Let me know if he's able.
__________________
~ Semper Fidelis ~
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old July 1st, 2017, 09:08 AM
johnnydakota
Status: Offline
Mike
1991 Defender 200 tdi
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: lincolndale,ny,usa
Posts: 77
I can't help with that, but look whats' back on the market!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	zima.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	42.4 KB
ID:	264178  
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old July 1st, 2017, 09:52 AM
solarguy's Avatar
solarguy
Status: Offline
Abraham Bell
1985 Defender 110 Tithonus
D-90 Source Vendor
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Lake Wales Fl. USA
Posts: 2,002
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnydakota View Post
I can't help with that, but look whats' back on the market!
Omg just in time for my binge weekend on the lake.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old July 1st, 2017, 10:17 AM
caj13
Status: Offline
Carl
D-90 SW # 434
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Auberry Ca
Posts: 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedpin View Post
Yes. Plan on shipping it. Let me know if he's able.
how much you want, where do you want it shipped too?

is it legal to ship beer?
so I just checked, it is illegal to ship beer (alcohol) through the USPS. You can do it through FedEx or UPS, but you need a special licence from them. I'm not willing to put my buddy through some process where you have to fill out an application, and get reported to the feds.

so unless you can arrange RURR from Madison WI, I would be out!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old July 1st, 2017, 11:18 AM
speedpin's Avatar
speedpin
Status: Offline
Adam
1985 130 Gen IV
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Fredericksburg, VA
Posts: 2,257
Registry
Totally understand. Rurr anyone?
__________________
~ Semper Fidelis ~
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old July 1st, 2017, 11:24 AM
woldd90's Avatar
woldd90
Status: Offline
Scott
1997 D90 ST #1444
Site Team
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Georgia
Posts: 5,326
Someone near me has shipped regional beer back and forth, without issue. Marked homemade olive oil. Add a signature and you should be fine.
__________________
Scott

Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old July 1st, 2017, 11:49 AM
Kevin88RRC's Avatar
Kevin88RRC
Status: Offline
Kevin Keith
1988 RRC
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Portland, Maine
Posts: 1,037
According to an old blog post by Bank Brewing, Haskell's ships their beer but I did not see Rooster on their site. Maybe contact them.

Or check with a near by craft beer store about ordering some for you.

Good luck.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old July 1st, 2017, 01:25 PM
caj13
Status: Offline
Carl
D-90 SW # 434
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Auberry Ca
Posts: 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by woldd90 View Post
Someone near me has shipped regional beer back and forth, without issue. Marked homemade olive oil. Add a signature and you should be fine.
sorry dude, not putting my buddy in any kind of risk by falsely labeling alcohol as olive oil, to ship beer to someone.

You are more than welcome to do it.

Haskells does obviously have the licence required by Fed Ex or UPS, But be aware that when it is delivered: it has to be signed for, and the signee has to provide valid ID to the UPS guy!
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old July 1st, 2017, 01:42 PM
speedpin's Avatar
speedpin
Status: Offline
Adam
1985 130 Gen IV
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Fredericksburg, VA
Posts: 2,257
Registry
Not looking for folks to do anything illegal. I will reach back out to local vendors.
__________________
~ Semper Fidelis ~
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old July 2nd, 2017, 10:41 PM
rover4x4's Avatar
rover4x4
Status: Offline
Phillip
1995 SW #487/500
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: The Old North State
Posts: 7,519
Registry
I've shipped beer on numerous occasions without issue
__________________
Poor gas mileage gets you to the best places on earth
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old July 15th, 2017, 12:25 PM
roverman2010's Avatar
roverman2010
Status: Offline
John
1985 LR 90 200Tdi
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Galveston Island, NearTexas
Posts: 2,284
Registry
I am going tag this to your post, BUT why can I not get craft beers shipped to me here in Texs? Is it a state, tabc or fed thing?
While in Mississippi recently I found a very good stout from the Bolixi brewing Co, black gold and black gold breakfast beers. I called them to find out if they could ship or if somebody in Texas carried this. But was told no ship.
I phoned the company that brews the rover truck beer in MN I think it was and told the same. So I asked as they carry lone star beer that is brewed in Texas how it gets to them and was told it's shipped, hmmm ok.

So is it time to get a uhaul and a chase car, fitted with cb,s and let it roll?

LIFE IS TO SHORT TO BE DRINKING PHISS BEERS

I goto to add but buying beer in Mississippi is weird at least in Ocean Springs, but liquor stores do not carry beer, was told I could get this beer from a grocery store so we hit Walmart on the way home, but was informed that higher proof beers are only sold in stores that have a licence to do so, screwy or what?
__________________
Edward Teach is the Blackbeard, and is a member of the Birmabright Brotherhood.

Still looking for that place where I can carry a paddle and get asked what's that.

JnK Services
FC101 GS FFR
57 LR 88" SXF 858
85 LR90
95 D1 Tdi
05 D3 HSE
97 XK8 BRG FHC For Sale
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old July 15th, 2017, 01:38 PM
flippedrover's Avatar
flippedrover
Status: Offline
Tyler
'94 D-90
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Ashburn,va
Posts: 3,118
Quote:
Originally Posted by roverman2010 View Post
I am going tag this to your post, BUT why can I not get craft beers shipped to me here in Texs? Is it a state, tabc or fed thing? While in Mississippi recently I found a very good stout from the Bolixi brewing Co, black gold and black gold breakfast beers. I called them to find out if they could ship or if somebody in Texas carried this. But was told no ship. I phoned the company that brews the rover truck beer in MN I think it was and told the same. So I asked as they carry lone star beer that is brewed in Texas how it gets to them and was told it's shipped, hmmm ok. So is it time to get a uhaul and a chase car, fitted with cb,s and let it roll? LIFE IS TO SHORT TO BE DRINKING PHISS BEERS I goto to add but buying beer in Mississippi is weird at least in Ocean Springs, but liquor stores do not carry beer, was told I could get this beer from a grocery store so we hit Walmart on the way home, but was informed that higher proof beers are only sold in stores that have a licence to do so, screwy or what?
more than likely it's a state thing and lazy on the part of the brewery. Texas is a little behind with not serving before 11 or noon. Can't remember which it is.
__________________
Can't you feel 'em circlin' (closin'in) honey?
Can't you feel 'em swimmin' around?
You got fins to the left, fins to the right,
and you're the only bait in town.
You got fins to the left, fins to the right,
and you're the only girl in town.

Jimmy Buffett


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old July 15th, 2017, 07:04 PM
caj13
Status: Offline
Carl
D-90 SW # 434
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Auberry Ca
Posts: 181
just to repeat and clarify.
It is illegal to ship beer (alcohol) Via the US Post office

You can ship alcohol via Fed Ex or UPS BUT, you are required to have a special licence, AND someone must show ID and Sign for the delivery

I have no idea if individual states have additional requirements,

are there ways around it - sure, is there risk - probably slight - but there is some risk there -
Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Beer? rover4x4 Misc. Chit-Chat 77 January 26th, 2012 11:59 PM
Music and Beer gtg067i Misc. Chit-Chat 8 February 13th, 2006 03:46 PM
Beer Pong!! Quimbola Misc. Chit-Chat 0 October 14th, 2005 12:00 PM
Not for tunnel minded beer drinkers kellymoe Misc. Chit-Chat 14 May 28th, 2004 03:13 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:03 PM.


Copyright