National Rally Pics & Video's - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old August 11th, 2005, 06:22 PM
flippedrover
Tyler
'94 D-90

Cool pics and videos. Looks like next year I'll have to come out.
and you're the only bait in town.
You got fins to the left, fins to the right,
and you're the only girl in town.

Jimmy Buffett

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 11th, 2005, 07:14 PM
Mike Hippert
D-90Slut/Stalker,SNLPres
94 D-90 Grinding Rover

Quote:
Originally Posted by PT94D90
Can someone tell me who belongs to the yellow D90 with Oklahoma plates running the TrXus MT's? Are they on the board?
That would be Dave Ws D-90, it's a 97 and he is on board http://www.defendersource.com/forum/members/upnover-436.html whats the big fuss over his 90?
Old August 11th, 2005, 07:18 PM
PT94D90
Phil
Currently Defenderless

Those are the tires I want. I'd love to get some feedback from him.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 11th, 2005, 07:56 PM
jimmy salmon
jimmy salmon
94 D90 AA Yellow

Brenda did a fantastic job of taking pics and video's but did anyone like the only one i took of Dave M (bio Dave) crossing the water

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old August 11th, 2005, 09:20 PM
UpnOver
David Williams
'97 Yellow ST

Great video's, Jimmy and Bren.
My truck will be far from stock next year.
Christine, As long as you have Mike and Yousef as spotters, I know they can get truck anywhere.
Old August 11th, 2005, 10:02 PM
TwisteD90
Yousef Hamzeh
06 RR SC, 06 LR3, 94 D90

It really depends. If you want the east coast drive it like you stole it spotting then Mike is the one.If you are looking for the good mid west climb everything slowly and easy then look me up
Old August 12th, 2005, 04:17 AM
sheki
David Shechter
97' D90 SW 2.8L diesel

unless your on Chinaman's and Yousef says "okay, go"

Bustin' Balls any chance I get.
Old August 12th, 2005, 07:51 AM
Mike Hippert
D-90Slut/Stalker,SNLPres
94 D-90 Grinding Rover

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy salmon
Brenda did a fantastic job of taking pics and video's but did anyone like the only one i took of Dave M (bio Dave) crossing the water
A Video or a picture?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwisteD90
It really depends. If you want the east coast drive it like you stole it spotting then Mike is the one.If you are looking for the good mid west climb everything slowly and easy then look me up
True, but the one's I spotted didn't end up denting anything, but I do recall a few Yousef dented Rovers
Old August 12th, 2005, 08:36 AM
TwisteD90
Yousef Hamzeh
06 RR SC, 06 LR3, 94 D90

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheki
unless your on Chinaman's and Yousef says "okay, go"

Bustin' Balls any chance I get.
Yes I did say go but it's not my fault you didn't listen and decided to turn your steering wheel slightly left. Look at the bright side, you got a good picture out of it

Follow-up Post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Hippert

True, but the one's I spotted didn't end up denting anything, but I do recall a few Yousef dented Rovers
Only one, plus you've seen the way Jimmy drive, and your guys job was to push the body away from the rock when he gets to that spot. Did you guys do your job? Off course not. Tell me Mike, how come I was the only one that went through that obstacle w/o hitting anything, and w/o you guys pushing my truck away from the rock? I'll tell you, it's called a good driver My point is a spotter is not everything, it's not my fault that David doesn't listen, what good am I if the driver won't listen. Check out Kristy, she climbs everything b/c she is a good driver and she listens to me

Now what do you have to say east coast style Mike
Old August 12th, 2005, 08:49 AM
Mike Hippert
D-90Slut/Stalker,SNLPres
94 D-90 Grinding Rover

Quote:
Only one, plus you've seen the way Jimmy drive, and your guys job was to push the body away from the rock when he gets to that spot. Did you guys do your job? Off course not. Tell me Mike, how come I was the only one that went through that obstacle w/o hitting anything, and w/o you guys pushing my truck away from the rock? I'll tell you, it's called a good driver My point is a spotter is not everything, it's not my fault that David doesn't listen, what good am I if the driver won't listen. Check out Kristy, she climbs everything b/c she is a good driver and she listens to me

Now what do you have to say east coast style Mike
If I remember that spot correctly we didn't have time to grab onto Jimmy's 90 to push it away from the rock because the spotter rushed him through it and tried to take him on a different line! Then when you went through it you drove a different line then you were spotting everyone through, the line that east coast style Mike was trying to spot everyone through but if they didn't have a zillion feet of flex they would pop a tire in the air for a little bit (thats east coast style)
Old August 12th, 2005, 08:56 AM
TwisteD90
Yousef Hamzeh
06 RR SC, 06 LR3, 94 D90

Oh crap, this is going to go for a while here. Ok I'll you what, next time you come to the rally I hve job for you, no not baby sitting every kid at the rally, but you will be the spotter for every trail we do, since no one is happy with my spotting.

I have the day off and i was going to hang over here with you guys, but now I hate you guys. I'm going now
Old August 12th, 2005, 09:30 AM
TDI Guy
Randy
2015 LR4
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
LOL... This Is good....

Great Vids and pics Jimmy..
Old August 12th, 2005, 09:31 AM
jimmy salmon
jimmy salmon
94 D90 AA Yellow

i was more than happy with your spotting Yousef,my own fault my right foot is to heavy,as you no doubt noticed

Old August 12th, 2005, 10:12 AM
flippedrover
Tyler
'94 D-90

This is funny. Where's my beer and lawn chair?

Follow-up Post:

But I'll vouch for Mike's spotting. I only have a few dents in the truck from it
and you're the only bait in town.
You got fins to the left, fins to the right,
and you're the only girl in town.

Jimmy Buffett

Old August 12th, 2005, 10:52 AM
dmarchand
David Marchand
'97 D90 SW Arles

Registry
I for one appreciated Yousef's spotting. Thank you yousef.

As for Jimmy's parking lot ding. He came into the wall too fast for us to break the impact. On the bright side, it was Jimmy's only damage for the day.
Old August 12th, 2005, 11:26 AM
sheki
David Shechter
97' D90 SW 2.8L diesel

I too was on the rock with Marchand, yes Yousef, you are the man! Drove right through that section like you owned it. The it went down was, Lead Foot Jimmy tried to follow and didn't slow down for us to push him away. We had to yell for him to stop, otherwise he would have come home with some serious Colorado pin stripping. It was the only day Jimmy didn't break something, I think he did it on purpose so as not to ruin his daily streak of damage.
Okay, round 3. let's go Mike, come out fighting.

Yousef2 Mike2

Yes Yousef I did get an awesome picture out of it, I'll be using that one until I can get a picture like yours
Old August 12th, 2005, 11:57 AM
Mike Hippert
D-90Slut/Stalker,SNLPres
94 D-90 Grinding Rover

Quote:
Oh crap, this is going to go for a while here. Ok I'll you what, next time you come to the rally I hve job for you, no not baby sitting every kid at the rally, but you will be the spotter for every trail we do, since no one is happy with my spotting.

I have the day off and i was going to hang over here with you guys, but now I hate you guys. I'm going now
LOL, So your running away with your tail between your legs? Come on you can harass me better then that! I thought I was doing a not bad job of spotting (YES East coast style!), but the big dog spotter with the special yellow trail leader badge kept pushing me into the corner and used me for valet parking of his Defender but I did bail on him day 3 and I road in the climate controlled 97 SW while he road out in the rain after I took his doors and top off hehehe. But then I also put our lunch in someone else's cooler (we forgot the cooler) then that person for some reason didn't go on the same trail as us, ops don't know whose fault that was .
Old August 12th, 2005, 12:39 PM
TwisteD90
Yousef Hamzeh
06 RR SC, 06 LR3, 94 D90

Let me ask you this slut. How many times I had to take over your spotting b/c you kept getting people stuck? How many times I had to give you an advice about your spotting? Be honest b/c we both know the answer

Who named you the slut? So when you went to ride someone else I wasn't surprised, it's ok slut

Dude the lunch thing was crazy; I can't believe I did that

Yes I can harass you, you know I can but Iím being very careful here b/c there are a members in our own community that take internet seriously and it's part of their life so I have to be careful not to hurt there feelings and make them run away

BTW you suck at valet parking, I canít believe you parked my D90 off trail

Ok, I got invited to go see the Indy racing in Denver so I'm out of here. I'll check back tonight.
Old August 12th, 2005, 01:11 PM
Mike Hippert
D-90Slut/Stalker,SNLPres
94 D-90 Grinding Rover

Hey I tried a differnt line it didn't work and you wouldn't let me correct, and the only person that got stuck was being spotted by you! The only time I had someone winch was to lower them down a rock to be safe, not because of a stuck.

I'm not blaming you for the lunch, I just think it's funny

You don't have to be careful, because if someone has a problem with what is said I can just block them from the forum and they won't have anything to complain about

LOL Yes you named me the slut, but I thought it was funny that it rained when I wasn't riding with you, but I did get very wet, and not from the rain. Kids make sure to tighten the bottle cap on your water before you put it upsidedown in your pocket!

Indy racing over the D-90 source! I see how it is, you don't love us anymore!
Old August 12th, 2005, 03:35 PM
sheki
David Shechter
97' D90 SW 2.8L diesel

like an old married couple

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat