National Rally 2005! - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old July 31st, 2005, 07:11 PM
TwisteD90
Yousef Hamzeh
06 RR SC, 06 LR3, 94 D90

National Rally 2005!

The event was awesome, better than the Moab ones that I've been to. We had trucks from all over the country, Canada, and the UK. We also had over 12 yellow Defenders

I only have 2 vid. from Tis and I making the Cleveland rock at Holly Cross. Jimmy and Brenda have tons of pictures and vid's from our trip. I've heard some crazy stuff about Jimmy but never though he was that crazy, wait for the vid and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Ended up hanging out with the east coast guys and the Oklahoma guys (bigrover.com). I'm digging the 2.8 in David’s blue 90 and David Pendied 90

I had 4WD, LRM, and some British magazine with me on the trail runs so watch out for those magazines.

The 90 made it back just fine after wheeling the crap out of it, whatever I made Tis did, and what ever Tis didn’t make I didn't either, love those Crawlers

Stay tuned for some pictures

Oh yeah, who ever didn't come you missed out on a great event
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 31st, 2005, 09:40 PM
jabber
m j

I second that!!! I ended up heading down on Friday evening after work. Really enjoyed meeting a bunch of the guys and gals in the LR community. Had a FUN time!

Unfortunately, given my new job I wasn't able to make the whole thing. Would have loved to wheel the first two days! Have to plan ahead for next year... In moab!
Old July 31st, 2005, 11:29 PM
dave_lucas
Dave Lucas
None

Tammy and I had a great time as usual!!!

I took a few pictures on Chainman’s Gulch and will try and post them in the next day or so.

I know we are already looking forward to next year and hopefully we will be able to meet up with more people from the list. Needless to say it was great getting to finally put some faces to the names here on the board.

Anyhow it was great getting to meet everyone
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 1st, 2005, 10:10 AM
Sergeant_V
Abel Villesca
1995 D-90 ST

I had an awesome time at the rally! I couldn't get to Dave in the stampede leaving the Elks Lodge, but wanted to thank him for donating the gas tank skid plate for the raffle. It will be a welcome addition to my truck.

Abel
Old August 1st, 2005, 10:37 AM
Mike Hippert
D-90Slut/Stalker,SNLPres
94 D-90 Grinding Rover

Man what a great time! Thanks to Yousef and Kristy for driving me to and from the airport! I am not the only one to get in trouble with water! Yousef Drove theough a water crossing and his half shaft was very loose and he filled his rear diff with water! But I think Jimmy helped him out with some oil (I had to get to the airport).

All of you guys from OK are great! It was a blast wheeling with all of you, and the campfire coversations were intresting to say the least! Get that Big Rover fixed so we can really see what it can do next year! PS thanks for the stickers!

Yousef did an awsome job as the trail leader! I wish it was longer so we could have done more trails with more people! And thanks for making me feel more at home by taking the top and doors off

Dave tell Tammy it the raffel was RIGGED! LOL You need to put those bat doors on her Disco!

Loved talking to everyone and seeing everyones rides! If you don't come for the wheeling at least come to say hi to everyone, check out all the vendors stuff and make a few new friends.

Thanks to all who put this event together!
Old August 1st, 2005, 04:15 PM
cbass
Bradlee Duncan
'94 White and '95 Red D's

we're all waiting for the pics here, when are they going to be up? or where can I find them?
Old August 1st, 2005, 04:30 PM
Mike Hippert
D-90Slut/Stalker,SNLPres
94 D-90 Grinding Rover

Well forgot the camra and didn't take any, Yousef needs to send the video's to me somehow and I can get them up on Jimmy and Brenda's site. Jimmy and Brenda's pics won't be up until they get back, I would say sometime next week.
Old August 1st, 2005, 05:18 PM
TDI Guy
Randy
2015 LR4
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
I would love to go next year even if I can't get my 90 there... I got the OK from the wife too...
Old August 1st, 2005, 05:31 PM
cbass
Bradlee Duncan
'94 White and '95 Red D's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Hippert
Well forgot the camra and didn't take any, Yousef needs to send the video's to me somehow and I can get them up on Jimmy and Brenda's site. Jimmy and Brenda's pics won't be up until they get back, I would say sometime next week.
that's ok, I am just chompin' at the bit here cause I didn't get to go
Old August 1st, 2005, 09:51 PM
UpnOver
David Williams
'97 Yellow ST

I had a blast up there. Thanks Yousef and Mike, my gearless and lockerless d90 got through chinaman and holy cross. Good to match up faces with names. Can't wait until Jimmy get home to see those crazy video's again.

David
Old August 1st, 2005, 10:07 PM
sheki
David Shechter
97' D90 SW 2.8L diesel

Just want to thank Pam and everyone involved in putting together the Rally, what a great event! It was nice to finally meet a bunch of you.
Thanks much to Yousef for leading the trails and not letting me roll my truck on Chinaman's. Any time you want to race again it's on (wonder how many camper we can piss off next time). Jim almost put his seat belt on during that, which says a lot. I should have the dust cleaned out of my truck by next years Rally.
For those of you that didn't make it, you should really try for next year. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

I'll post some pics soon.
Old August 1st, 2005, 11:30 PM
dave_lucas
Dave Lucas
None

Congratulations Abel!

I am sooo happy that someone with a D90 from the list won the Skid Plate!!!

“Dave tell Tammy it the raffel was RIGGED! LOL You need to put those bat doors on her Disco!”

I cannot believe how much stuff Tammy and I won… Maybe I should buy a lotto ticket or hit up Vegas. Now I just need to buy a 90 so I can use the doors

Here are a few pictures from thursdays run of Chinaman's gulch

www.slickrockfabrication.com/content/trips/Chinaman's%20Gulch%202005%20Rally/Chinaman's.htm
Old August 2nd, 2005, 12:15 AM
redrover

Couple shots on holy Cross WED. JP , Jimmy and Brenda. The Mass folks know how to drive. Jimmy made easy work on Cleveland rock with his 33"s, no winch. We had a great time in loafin nuggin meeting all the faces on this board. Great crews from kansas, OK, Mass, NY etc. Hope to have my registration together next year so I dont have to hide in the shadows. JP
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Copy of rally 127.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	3489   Click image for larger version

Name:	Copy of rally 001.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	63.3 KB
ID:	3490  

Name:	Copy of rally 003.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	3491   Click image for larger version

Name:	Copy of rally 061.jpg
Views:	392
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	3492  

Old August 2nd, 2005, 08:33 AM
Mike Hippert
D-90Slut/Stalker,SNLPres
94 D-90 Grinding Rover

David W all of your group was great! Next time we'll have to organize things so that we can all camp together and not have to worry about other campers being woke up by our campfire conversations!

David S we are going to need some pics of that gas tank in the back and I want to know how far you can drive with both tanks!

Dave L I say buy a lotto ticket! I think our hole table was lucky! there were 6 other prizes won at it!

JP it was good to meet ya! I'm surprised you weren't a trail leader, you sure knew the trails well!

Hey! Did anyone go to Chris D's movie setup? We never made it as when we got back to camp too many beers were consumed before so we all sat around the camp fire. Maybe next year we can set it up at camp and watch weeling clips!
Old August 2nd, 2005, 09:22 AM
WhiteD90
Johnathan Tisdale
93 110, 90 RockRR buggy

It was fun seeing some of the regulars and meeting some new faces as well. Already looking forward to next year. Yousef nice clutch work, you drive that 5 speed well man. Hip bring your junk next year dude.

Tis
Old August 2nd, 2005, 09:31 AM
sheki
David Shechter
97' D90 SW 2.8L diesel

hey Mike, here is the beast. based on the size 4'x3'x3" it should yield 20 gallons + the 15 gallon factory tank = a ridiculous 35 gallons. So far with the new engine I was averaging about 20mpg, that may increase after the engine gets a few more mile on it. I'm looking at around a 700+ mile range when all said and done. I'll have a shut off valve on the filler so I can fill just the OEM tank if I want/need to. Just to make this Rally relevant here are a few pics from Chinaman's and Holy Cross and a scenic shot from the top of Iron Mike's mine.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	jrtn 014.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	52.9 KB
ID:	3493   Click image for larger version

Name:	jimmychinamans.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	303.8 KB
ID:	3494  

Name:	bigrover.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	302.5 KB
ID:	3495   Click image for larger version

Name:	mikesmine.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	244.0 KB
ID:	3496  

Name:	yousefholycross.jpg
Views:	396
Size:	316.2 KB
ID:	3497  
Old August 2nd, 2005, 10:20 AM
Davis
Chris Davis
94 NAS D90 6.2LS

Mike,

Sorry you missed movie nite--it was a blast, but not to worry because I will have the 9' screen with me next year in Moab and we will take a night run to one of the natural amphitheatres to watch one. After people saw it this year, I am sure there will be a good crowd. And thanks for the pulley--you are awesome.

The trip this year was a blast. There are more pictures up at http://www.aloharovers.com/adventure...ly05/index.htm

I had a great time--and it was fun to meet people from this board. A special thanks to Yousef, who I always like to kid around with and who takes it really well--thanks for buying the extra raffle tickets. I had a blast.
Old August 2nd, 2005, 10:26 AM
Mike Hippert
D-90Slut/Stalker,SNLPres
94 D-90 Grinding Rover

Awsome! Man I can't wait until next year! I better start getting my 90 for the trip now if I'm going to make it!
Old August 2nd, 2005, 08:24 PM
sheki
David Shechter
97' D90 SW 2.8L diesel

just a couple more pics emailed to me. These are from Iron Mike's Mine (water crossing) and Chinaman's where I almost ruined Yousef's "never lost a truck yet" record on that one.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	ironmike'smine.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	335.8 KB
ID:	3498   Click image for larger version

Name:	chimaman's.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	323.6 KB
ID:	3499  

Old August 2nd, 2005, 10:07 PM
JBurt
Jesse McCoy
'89 RRC SWB (needs work)

Man have I got to get a job that'll let me get out there next year (or maybe bum a ride with one of you guys...hint...I'll repay the favor at MAR ), those aloha rover pictures are AMAZING!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat