NAS prices where do we go - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old August 19th, 2013, 09:23 AM
CDeWan
Clay DeWan
5.3L beastie

NAS prices where do we go

O.k. where do you guys see the pricing of NAS defender going? Are those prices effective by imports of ROW vehicles? Is there now more the ever a disadvantage to modify a stock rig? Do they really have to show Heep ads on this site (side tracked)?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 19th, 2013, 10:03 AM
solarguy
Abraham Bell
1985 Defender 110 Tithonus
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
I think they will continue to rise and if I had one I would keep it as original as possible. I would also think the prices are being driven higher by the row trucks.
Old August 19th, 2013, 10:29 AM
transientmechanic
Adam
1972 SIII

Look at it this way. There aren't ever going to be any more of them, and the supply of clean original trucks gets less every day.

The value of a lifted, locked, trail beat '94 with 160k on it will probably hold steady or decrease over the coming years. It would not surprise me to see some of these trucks start to be restored to original showroom spec (frame off resto).

Original NAS 110's are certainly increasing in value. While somewhat of an isolated market it is still tied to the NAS Defender market overall.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 19th, 2013, 11:18 AM
don
Don Bunnell
'86 110 3dr ST

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by solarguy View Post
I think they will continue to rise and if I had one I would keep it as original as possible. I would also think the prices are being driven higher by the row trucks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by transientmechanic View Post
Look at it this way. There aren't ever going to be any more of them, and the supply of clean original trucks gets less every day.

The value of a lifted, locked, trail beat '94 with 160k on it will probably hold steady or decrease over the coming years. It would not surprise me to see some of these trucks start to be restored to original showroom spec (frame off resto).

Original NAS 110's are certainly increasing in value. While somewhat of an isolated market it is still tied to the NAS Defender market overall.
Agree with the above and part of the reason I sold my NAS ST. I feel like the NAS trucks will hold or increase in value when stock with low miles and/or documented upkeep. Where as a modified NAS truck won't see the returns from those added items.

I feel that UK/ROW trucks will still get decent money if they have upgrades. Those buyers will be Defender buyers that will want the "look" or functionality where NAS buyers will want the originality. But that is just purely my guess.
Old August 19th, 2013, 11:47 AM
the_eaze
Eric Brown
1997 Arles SW

I am interested to see what the values will do when the Defender replacement comes out. If by some miraculous miracle they follow the Jeep trend of a mild update that makes it better but keeps a similar look I think people will flock to it. If it turns out like the DC-100 then the value of our trucks I think will rise.
Old August 19th, 2013, 11:48 AM
Rocky
Chris
72 + D1 drivetrain

There is another factor at play now. All the show off owners who bought cool off road Looking d90's have sold or will soon sell.
Trucks are now increasingly in the hands of long term owners.
Especially true of ST less so than SW which appear less popular or at least more readily available.

I don't know about the brakes, only their unreliability.
Old August 19th, 2013, 12:03 PM
CDeWan
Clay DeWan
5.3L beastie

Thanks for the feedback guys. I started with a high mileage 94 that was stock. Due 260K on the clock, I figured my value had already taken a hit. I went the suspension mofidication route and now have a very complient ride 3 inch RTE lift. I don't see this truck going back to stock any time in the near future or at all. I continue to put holes in the body as I mess with the seat configuration in the rear. Over all the body and frame are in great shape and I continue to keep it meticulously maintained. If you have a low mile stock 90 I would think that it would be hard decision to put miles on it as you each mile added is price reduction. I would advocate to someone who plans on having a daily driver to start looking at the hight mileage trucks.
Old August 19th, 2013, 12:07 PM
navydevildoc
Neill Thornton
1984 D90 300 Tdi / 1965 Series IIA
Site Team

Registry
I know Josh (crash303) was just told by USAA that they considered his '97 ST worth $45,000 now.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old August 19th, 2013, 12:08 PM
leastonce
Jason England
D-90 White 95 SW #65
Site Team

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
There is another factor at play now. All the show off owners who bought cool off road Looking d90's have sold or will soon sell.
Trucks are now increasingly in the hands of long term owners.
Especially true of ST less so than SW which appear less popular or at least more readily available.
SW are owned by connoisseurs ... they are certainly not less popular nor are they more readily available ... they were made in far fewer numbers and the white 95 model is particularly desirable. I'll be holding on time mine forever!
Cat Camping Collective founding member and Chief Executive Officer
Old August 19th, 2013, 12:14 PM
CDeWan
Clay DeWan
5.3L beastie

wow

How do I get mine insured for that? It is probably a little less than what I have in the truck with all the additions. In hindsight, if money was not a factor I would have bought a 3 inch lifted ST with ARB lockers and that would have saved years off of me farting around with suspension changes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by navydevildoc View Post
I know Josh (crash303) was just told by USAA that they considered his '97 ST worth $45,000 now.
Old August 19th, 2013, 12:19 PM
MonLand
Loic Fabro
95 D90 - 96 Disco -06 LR3

Registry
Every year, my '95 NAS D90 assessed value (by Ffx County using some NADA information) is going up. And no, that does not make me happy since this makes my tax bill go up (and I'm paying more taxes on it than on the 06 LR3).
it is not hoarding it is selective collecting
---
MonLand
1995 D90 NAS
1996 Discovery NAS
2006 LR3 NAS (hers, but comfy! :) )
Old August 19th, 2013, 12:32 PM
navydevildoc
Neill Thornton
Site Team

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDeWan View Post
How do I get mine insured for that? It is probably a little less than what I have in the truck with all the additions. In hindsight, if money was not a factor I would have bought a 3 inch lifted ST with ARB lockers and that would have saved years off of me farting around with suspension changes.
He called them and that's what they told him, I don't think he had to do anything special. But USAA is hands down the best mainstream insurance company I have ever seen.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old August 19th, 2013, 12:47 PM
ADK46er
Craig Longenecker
97 D90 SW

Quote:
Originally Posted by navydevildoc View Post
wow, I want to see that in writing. I have been with USAA since I started driving. Recently ( last month) I couldn't get them to give me any numbers. They wouldn't do a evaluation for me. They referred me to a third party they deal with.

I want to talk to the person Josh talked to before I move my insurance the CHUBB.
Old August 19th, 2013, 01:30 PM
101stAirborne
Battle Ewing
1997 D90 LE 255/300

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADK46er View Post

wow, I want to see that in writing. I have been with USAA since I started driving. Recently ( last month) I couldn't get them to give me any numbers. They wouldn't do a evaluation for me. They referred me to a third party they deal with.

I want to talk to the person Josh talked to before I move my insurance the CHUBB.
Same situation here. They tried to outsource to a third party and kept transferring me around and I could never get a number.
Old August 19th, 2013, 01:33 PM
SonnyAK
Sonny
1993 NAS 110

Registry
We have our NAS 110 insured with USAA, but I've never asked the insured value...any dealings I've ever had with them have been super positive and inline w/the cars value. Probably the only insurance company that I would trust, while not having a definitive value contract with on the truck. I'd say it'd be pretty tough for any reputable insurance company to screw you these days, w/the NADA being so high, and the ability of the internet to show multiple trucks selling at crazy money! I had a friend that fought with his insurance company for over a year concerning the value of his totaled 90 - he eventually won out, but it took a while!
Old August 19th, 2013, 01:46 PM
themaxx
Ade
94 ST

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADK46er View Post

I wish I could get USAA insurance and benefitis. I've been told USAA offers the best deal when it comes to insurance cost, in addition they provide yearly dividends. With that said, do you think CHUBB will provide better overall service and cost than USAA?
Old August 19th, 2013, 02:01 PM
ADK46er
Craig Longenecker
97 D90 SW

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonnyAK View Post
We have our NAS 110 insured with USAA, but I've never asked the insured value...any dealings I've ever had with them have been super positive and inline w/the cars value. Probably the only insurance company that I would trust, while not having a definitive value contract with on the truck. I'd say it'd be pretty tough for any reputable insurance company to screw you these days, w/the NADA being so high, and the ability of the internet to show multiple trucks selling at crazy money! I had a friend that fought with his insurance company for over a year concerning the value of his totaled 90 - he eventually won out, but it took a while!
I agree as I have never had any issues with USAA. In fact they have been great and their customer service top notch. But I didn't like the run around I got when I tried to find out how they place a value and what that value would be right now should something happen to my D90. I must have spent over an hour and talked with at least 6 different people. When I finally spoke with their third party they use the guy told me that I would be best to use a company that will do an agreed value.
Old August 19th, 2013, 02:03 PM
navydevildoc
Neill Thornton
Site Team

Registry
I should have been clear earlier he wasn't dealing with the insurance side, but the banking side. They are the ones that agreed it was worth 45k.

Old August 19th, 2013, 02:05 PM
ipgregory
Ian Gregory
'97 D90 ST #1008

Registry
When I added my 97 ST to my USAA policy originally they told me they use blue book value. At the time that was more than I had paid for the truck so I was happy. I haven't had any reason to ask them since so no idea what they value it at now. Be nice if its $45k though...
Old August 19th, 2013, 02:53 PM
rd10014
Ronnie
1993 NAS D110

Registry
Increase without question.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
nas