Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old August 24th, 2012, 10:49 PM
cwilder
Chad
2012 110 Black

Registry
NAS Cage?

I'm looking to have a NAS 110 cage installed on my 110. I have located one here in AU and wanted to see if anyone had installed one? The seller has told it has an internal hoop that would need to be cut off the connection from the external cage, to prevent rubbing on the roof? It appears to be the only Safety devices cage in the country. I have also located local LR shop to install. I was just seeking some feedback from anyone who may be familiar before I go spend 4K and don't end up with what I want. FYI, everything is very expensive here. The cage is 4k and installation 1K.

Here is a link http://www.landrovertuning.com.au/sh...-hoop-nas.html
2013 Raptor F150 SVT
1997 D-90 #1867 (sold) :(
2012 Black 110 :) In OZ still
2011 LR4 "Metropolis" (sold) :(
2011 Raptor F150 SVT (sold) :(
2007 Shelby GT500 (sold)
2007 LR3 (sold)
2006 RRS (sold)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 24th, 2012, 11:30 PM
Reese_D90
Reese
97 D90 ST and 93 D110

Registry
I just took mine apart, NAS cage has an internal hoop that bolts through the roof with 4 bolts and to the floor behind the front seats.
NAS 1993 D110 CDN #11/25
1997 D90 ST #1953
2006 Range Rover
1997 D90 SW #701 (sold)
1995 D90 ST (sold)
Old August 25th, 2012, 12:00 AM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

That cage will fit without too many mods. Check the ecr Facebook page for the white puma they put one on.

A grand to install is beyond cheap.

Personally I wouldn't bother with this cage unless you seriously off road. To cut all those holes in a new truck is nuts. I would rather get the sd cage that is internal and protects the second row primarily but mostly reinforces the roof in case of roll over.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 25th, 2012, 06:41 AM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
I put a NAS cage on my ROW 110. It's a straight bolt in with just a few small mods. You'll have to make a cuts in the rear floor to get the cage supports through. $1k to install is insane, but being in AU might be your only choice. Here in the US it would be about $400-$600 max. It's about an 8 hour job for one person.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Semper Fi!
Old August 25th, 2012, 07:31 AM
cwilder
Chad
2012 110 Black

Registry
I want the cage for a couple reasons. I always liked the look with a cage compared to a 110 without cage, (personal preference) and second I know it adds a little safety and that helps with the wife when I drive the kids. I did check out the puma on ECR and I thought it looked great.

I'm more concerned with having to cut the cage. Doesn't sound like a big deal though based on you guys. I'm trying to mod it similar to the Black ECR 110 they did a couple years back.
2013 Raptor F150 SVT
1997 D-90 #1867 (sold) :(
2012 Black 110 :) In OZ still
2011 LR4 "Metropolis" (sold) :(
2011 Raptor F150 SVT (sold) :(
2007 Shelby GT500 (sold)
2007 LR3 (sold)
2006 RRS (sold)
Old August 25th, 2012, 08:21 AM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwilder
I'm more concerned with having to cut the cage. Doesn't sound like a big deal though based on you guys. I'm trying to mod it similar to the Black ECR 110 they did a couple years back.
You don't have to cut the cage, you just have to do some minor rear floor mods.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Semper Fi!
Old August 25th, 2012, 11:07 AM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Fabrication
I put a NAS cage on my ROW 110. It's a straight bolt in with just a few small mods. You'll have to make a cuts in the rear floor to get the cage supports through. $1k to install is insane, but being in AU might be your only choice. Here in the US it would be about $400-$600 max. It's about an 8 hour job for one person.
To install a nas 110 cage? Where can it be done that cheap? Average I heard was 2500 and I'm not sure I even trust the people with that price. I would say it is more than minor mods. You have to cut eight holes in the body including roof holes.

Not exactly something you can undo.
Old August 25th, 2012, 11:22 AM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwilder
I want the cage for a couple reasons. I always liked the look with a cage compared to a 110 without cage, (personal preference) and second I know it adds a little safety and that helps with the wife when I drive the kids. I did check out the puma on ECR and I thought it looked great.

Understandable. How was the cage modded on that ecr black truck? Until the puma body it shouldn't require any mods to install.
Old August 25th, 2012, 12:50 PM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjf View Post
To install a nas 110 cage? Where can it be done that cheap? Average I heard was 2500 and I'm not sure I even trust the people with that price. I would say it is more than minor mods. You have to cut eight holes in the body including roof holes.

Not exactly something you can undo.
I'm going off of installing two of them myself and what I would charge based on the hours. I would charge between $400-$600. Installing the NAS cage is not rocket science and if a shop is charging over $1k, and even $2500, they have no business touching your truck. Shoot, I charge $900 to BUILD a full cage for Lemons cars.

Semper Fi!
Old August 25th, 2012, 12:52 PM
EWR
Carey
1954 CJ-3B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Fabrication View Post
I'm going off of installing two of them myself and what I would charge based on the hours. I would charge between $400-$600. Installing the NAS cage is not rocket science and if a shop is charging over $1k, and even $2500, they have no business touching your truck.
Hold on a moment. While I agree $2500 is a bit much. You are not a full time shop with the overhead. So for you to make a comment like that is a bit tacky.
Old August 25th, 2012, 01:04 PM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by EWR View Post
Hold on a moment. While I agree $2500 is a bit much. You are not a full time shop with the overhead. So for you to make a comment like that is a bit tacky.
Tacky? It's purely opinion and not a shot at anyone. I truly believe that a shop charging over $1k to install a NAS cage is ripping you off. Two dudes in a garage with basic tools can do it in a weekend. I stand by what I would charge, and did charge to install one.

Purely opinion...

Semper Fi!
Old August 25th, 2012, 01:44 PM
Rugbier
Gustavo
110 Tdi - 110 N/A - D3 HSE - RRS SC

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Fabrication View Post
Tacky? It's purely opinion and not a shot at anyone. I truly believe that a shop charging over $1k to install a NAS cage is ripping you off. Two dudes in a garage with basic tools can do it in a weekend. I stand by what I would charge, and did charge to install one.

Purely opinion...
I now know who is installing my next one

( and I buy the burgers, hot canine and birra )

BTW, you will not believe the irony, I had your F#@king pintle hitch in the floor of my garage for a year ( at least ), well today I needed one, so ended up buying one *LMAO*
Old August 25th, 2012, 01:49 PM
Wolf Fabrication
Sterling Archer
'08 D3
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugbier View Post
I now know who is installing my next one

( and I buy the burgers, hot canine and birra )

BTW, you will not believe the irony, I had your F#@king pintle hitch in the floor of my garage for a year ( at least ), well today I needed one, so ended up buying one *LMAO*
And what's even funnier is that I have ZERO use for it and plan on selling it!!

Semper Fi!
Old August 25th, 2012, 09:33 PM
rovertrader
Dale
Tithonus 110, D-90, 109 S/T 5-door

Better yet, I used it after an intermediary used it, returned it via Goose, who is now after his old RRC seat covers that I have...
This is worse than some of those bumper deals!!
Sorry for the hijack. As far as the NAS cage, cutting holes in the body, tying into the frame, and adding the underbody A supports, I would say $1500+ is closer to reality for an average install price Stateside.

Old August 25th, 2012, 11:05 PM
Rugbier
Gustavo

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by rovertrader View Post
Better yet, I used it after an intermediary used it, returned it via Goose, who is now after his old RRC seat covers that I have...
This is worse than some of those bumper deals!!
Sorry for the hijack. As far as the NAS cage, cutting holes in the body, tying into the frame, and adding the underbody A supports, I would say $1500+ is closer to reality for an average install price Stateside.
LOL, lets not talk about bumpers, you 'll be surprised to know where your RTE bumper might be
Old August 26th, 2012, 12:16 AM
the rover shop
shayne young
89,93 & 95 camel trophy 110s 06 130

I dunno where the bumper is but I do know a couple of places I'd like to shove it...lol...
Old August 26th, 2012, 09:48 AM
Rugbier
Gustavo

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by the rover shop View Post
I dunno where the bumper is but I do know a couple of places I'd like to shove it...lol...

Well mate, what you shove up your ass seems to be a personal problem.

Thank you for clearing the air about your Alternate Lifestyle *LMAO*
Old August 26th, 2012, 12:47 PM
the rover shop
shayne young

I was talking about a couple of land rovers I could put it on the front of...what's is it with you and our ass fetish..???? We're you deprived of love as a child.???or more to the point were you given the wrong kind of love...ewwww....
Old August 26th, 2012, 12:49 PM
Rugbier
Gustavo

Registry
You are one sick Aussie puppy mate
Old August 26th, 2012, 07:39 PM
the rover shop
shayne young

Tell me something my momma doesn't...lol.. Probably leaving myself open on that statement...

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
cage, nas