Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old October 18th, 2011, 03:08 PM
ECR
East Coast Rover Co.
Just Defenders, nothing else.
D-90 Source Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ini88 View Post
Mike you can have nasdefender110.com if you want. I'm never going to use it.
Thanks.
That would be a cool place for NAS 110 information.

I do not check PMs. Call or email if you need something.

ECR is not a parts source. We are not in the mail order business.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 18th, 2011, 03:23 PM
cellulararrest
Chris Snyder
1994 D90 #614 | '07 L322 SC

What are you storing this information in? A spreadsheet? Maybe I'll put a web app together that could import all these and display it.
Old October 18th, 2011, 03:41 PM
ECR
East Coast Rover Co.
D-90 Source Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cellulararrest View Post
What are you storing this information in? A spreadsheet? Maybe I'll put a web app together that could import all these and display it.
No it is just in files with the pictures.
Once I find time to make the template it will go quickly.

Its finding time to write the text and get all the images of the prototype trucks that will take time. I also need to scan all the delivery literature and a window sticker and such.

Winter is long, I'll get to it.

The biggest issue I have is that I don't have enough 110 images.
I see a number on ebay, but can't seem to figure out how to download the images. I've lost track of 5 or 8 because I couldn't pirate the images off ebay.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 18th, 2011, 04:55 PM
Overlander
mark kellgren
in between D's in an 04 D2

Registry
when all else fails: print screen and crop.
Old October 19th, 2011, 12:41 AM
brettm
Brett
97 D90-SW, Arles +4.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECR View Post
No it is just in files with the pictures.
The biggest issue I have is that I don't have enough 110 images.
I see a number on ebay, but can't seem to figure out how to download the images. I've lost track of 5 or 8 because I couldn't pirate the images off ebay.
You, my friend, are in need of this:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...-enlarged-pix/

need Firefox, but install the plugin and it will turn the ebay motors photos into nice right-clickable images you can download.
Old October 19th, 2011, 08:06 AM
ECR
East Coast Rover Co.
D-90 Source Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettm View Post
You, my friend, are in need of this:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...-enlarged-pix/

need Firefox, but install the plugin and it will turn the ebay motors photos into nice right-clickable images you can download.
Does it work on a Mac?

Old October 19th, 2011, 08:42 AM
AmityD90
Gery
1987 ROW D90

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECR

Does it work on a Mac?
Mike if you own a Mac you can do a screen capture to get a png file.

The keyboard command is Apple key, shift key and 4. Drag click mouse over image and release. You should have a cropped image file on your desktop.

Hope that helps!
Old October 19th, 2011, 09:17 AM
ECR
East Coast Rover Co.
D-90 Source Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmityD90 View Post
Mike if you own a Mac you can do a screen capture to get a png file.

The keyboard command is Apple key, shift key and 4. Drag click mouse over image and release. You should have a cropped image file on your desktop.

Hope that helps!
Thanks, going to try that next time I come across one.

Old October 19th, 2011, 10:02 AM
ECR
East Coast Rover Co.
D-90 Source Vendor

My new screen shot skills brought up this nice dash from NAS 110 #303...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 1.png
Views:	131
Size:	260.4 KB
ID:	42877  

Old October 19th, 2011, 11:00 AM
brettm
Brett
97 D90-SW, Arles +4.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECR View Post
Does it work on a Mac?
sure... it's a FF plugin, so it's independent of OS. just download and install Firefox first if you normally use Safari. You don't have to make FF you default browser, you can still keep Safari for that. Gery's screen/capture shortcut works too.
Old October 20th, 2011, 12:44 PM
cellulararrest
Chris Snyder

Okay, I put together a little proof of concept thing. The code is messy, the design is rough, but I just want to get an idea of whether I should complete this or not.

http://184.106.241.253/~chris/nas110/vehicle-list.php

Once I have this all together I'd like to put it up on GitHub so anyone around this community can make changes or review it or whatever. Call it an open source web registry for NAS 110's. I know we have plenty of decent coders around here.

I can change information that is stored and such easily. It will have a login page so owners can claim their trucks and make changes to their profile. Also admin accounts or moderators.

Does this fit what you're planning to do, Mike? Completely open for suggestions, or telling my to f-off because you want to do it . Just had some time to throw this proof of concept together.

EDIT: also, I know Jim has a spreadsheet with all the info he has collected to so far. I can easily import that as well for a base to start
with.

EDIT 2 Layout is also probably really broken in IE. Haven't done any compatibility or anything. Like I said, just threw this together in a few hours.
Old October 20th, 2011, 06:03 PM
ini88
Daniel Marcello
Alloy+Grit Creative Director

Chris you program it, I will design it.
Old October 20th, 2011, 06:05 PM
cellulararrest
Chris Snyder

Let's do it. I do want to hear what Mike has to say though. It sounds like he has put a good bit of effort into this already.

No reason to double up on the effort here. Want to direct everyone to the same place. Hence opening the code up.
Old October 20th, 2011, 09:19 PM
ini88
Daniel Marcello
Alloy+Grit Creative Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by cellulararrest View Post
Let's do it. I do want to hear what Mike has to say though. It sounds like he has put a good bit of effort into this already.

No reason to double up on the effort here. Want to direct everyone to the same place. Hence opening the code up.
Yeah id take what mike and jim have and just pretty it up a bit. my services are always here to lend a hand!

I actually started to help Jim on it back when he first started it. I have to dig up some of those old boards.
Old October 20th, 2011, 10:08 PM
ECR
East Coast Rover Co.
D-90 Source Vendor

Having help would be GREAT!

All I really have is content. I've been cataloging pictures and data for years and I have so many photos of 110s that at some point I would like to do a buyers guide. I've also got info and images from Safety Devices when the developed the cage.
I also have all the dealership delivery items that came when folks bought new NAS 110s.

My main goal is for this is for people to be able to research and track NAS 110s based on photos and the ID #.

So they can know what ones are original. What ones were restored, what the real miles are and if it ever was rebuilt from a salvage title.

A photo and ID # would lead to photos and sightings and miles and more detailed images.

I do not feel that owner's information should be shared. I would hate to see owners hassled by dealers asking them to sell or something. If the owner wants to give their data that is great, but I think it should be hidden. Maybe show up if the truck is sold and a new owner wants to research the history of the 110.

Think CarFax but one that tracks general location (northeast, west coast, etc) photos, mods made, mileage and such.

If you guys can set it up and I get to plug in photos and data, I'm all for it.

Old October 20th, 2011, 10:57 PM
roverguy
Robert
1995 RRC

Registry
I guess the Hennessy's still own 001 and it lives at LR Buckhead...
2000 DII (SOLD)
Old October 21st, 2011, 03:58 AM
barnhill4x4
David
4.6 Autobiography

Hi, thought you guys might be interested in details on the very first NAS 110 prototype, currently located in Maine with its owner who is a good friend of mine. I found it for sale in Italy a few years ago. Details and pictures here http://barnhill4x4.com/?page_id=117 I will contact the owner and ask for some up to date pics as it now has a brushgaurd and a few other bits

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old October 21st, 2011, 06:46 AM
ECR
East Coast Rover Co.
D-90 Source Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnhill4x4 View Post
Hi, thought you guys might be interested in details on the very first NAS 110 prototype, currently located in Maine with its owner who is a good friend of mine. I found it for sale in Italy a few years ago. Details and pictures here http://barnhill4x4.com/?page_id=117 I will contact the owner and ask for some up to date pics as it now has a brushgaurd and a few other bits
Very cool. Thank you.

I have mystery images of the first NAS 110 prototype of it sitting in a parking garage. The difference being it does not have all the NAS 110 stuff on it. I wonder how many early un-numbered 110s there were.

Old October 21st, 2011, 06:59 AM
barnhill4x4
David
4.6 Autobiography

I would be interested in seeing those pics. The guy I spoke to at Safety Devices said that he had pics of the car he was going to send me but they never materialised.
This one was donated by land rover to the Heritage Museum in Gaydon after it had been sitting outside the factory for a number of years, they removed the original cage as it had rusted through in places from sitting outside. Gaydon then used it for a few years as a runaround and then sold it in one of their auctions and it sold to a guy in Italy who I bought it from.
We bought because it looked like an NAS minus the cage, when we got it, I had a poke around and the cage mounts had just been filled over with all the internal parts still there. I contacted Gaydon to try and find out more about the car and they had no idea it was an NAS Prototype, if they knew they wouldn't of sold it but put it on display!
What is cool is it actually has 2 VIN's, 1 UK and 1 US! The VIN on this one (911511) is way earlier than the other prototypes.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old October 21st, 2011, 08:05 AM
ECR
East Coast Rover Co.
D-90 Source Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnhill4x4 View Post
I would be interested in seeing those pics. The guy I spoke to at Safety Devices said that he had pics of the car he was going to send me but they never materialised.
This one was donated by land rover to the Heritage Museum in Gaydon after it had been sitting outside the factory for a number of years, they removed the original cage as it had rusted through in places from sitting outside. Gaydon then used it for a few years as a runaround and then sold it in one of their auctions and it sold to a guy in Italy who I bought it from.
We bought because it looked like an NAS minus the cage, when we got it, I had a poke around and the cage mounts had just been filled over with all the internal parts still there. I contacted Gaydon to try and find out more about the car and they had no idea it was an NAS Prototype, if they knew they wouldn't of sold it but put it on display!
What is cool is it actually has 2 VIN's, 1 UK and 1 US! The VIN on this one (911511) is way earlier than the other prototypes.
If the owner would allow it it would be cool to photograph it, as it is a piece of history. I'm also in Maine so it would be easy and I would not release his name or location if he wants to remain hidden, but it sure would be nice to show the public such a cool 110 in detail.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
110, nas, nas 110