NAS 110 number plaques - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old September 30th, 2009, 09:12 PM
ORover
Fred
NAS 110s #24 and #466

NAS 110 number plaques

Had a guy come up to me and inform me that all NAS 110s were produced then the plaques were added when they were shipped to the dealers. The numbers bear no relation to which order they were produced. Any truth to that? It boggles my mind to know that strangers have more knowledge than I do about my truck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 30th, 2009, 09:22 PM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

No truth to the order part. Plates may have been installed over here. Google NAS 110 registry and go to the fourfold website and you can see the numbers and the VINs. VINs track build date fairly closely.
Old September 30th, 2009, 09:41 PM
JohnsD90
John
74 SIII 88", 88 110, 91 110

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by ORover
Had a guy come up to me and inform me that all NAS 110s were produced then the plaques were added when they were shipped to the dealers. The numbers bear no relation to which order they were produced. Any truth to that? It boggles my mind to know that strangers have more knowledge than I do about my truck!
this is rather irrelavent, and its a rover are you surprised they did it ass backwards
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 30th, 2009, 10:20 PM
rover4x4
Phillip
1995 SW #487/500

Registry
mas NAS 90 is 487 and its build sticker said 2/96
Old September 30th, 2009, 10:48 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
I like food.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old October 1st, 2009, 11:56 AM
BOBCAT110
Ken Jagolta
94 d-90

I had been told in the past, by LRNA People ,that the plaques were installed at the port.
Old October 1st, 2009, 12:29 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
Its always been my understanding that the plaques were installed at the port. From the way my vin tag was attached to the windshield frame, it almost looks like that was installed at the port also.

Old October 1st, 2009, 01:30 PM
ECR
East Coast Rover Co.
Just Defenders, nothing else.
D-90 Source Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC
Its always been my understanding that the plaques were installed at the port. From the way my vin tag was attached to the windshield frame, it almost looks like that was installed at the port also.
I agree they were likely done at the port.
I can tell you for fact that they are never in the exactly the same place twice (tried to make a jig for them, but in checking all the 110s through here the jig that fits one is way off on another). We ended up taking an "average" and using that.

You'd have to take the windscreen glass out to do the bulkhead VIN, so I bet those were factory done.

Follow-up Post:

Quote:
I like food.

WTF?

I do not check PMs. Call or email if you need something.

ECR is not a parts source. We are not in the mail order business.
Old October 1st, 2009, 01:37 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECR
You'd have to take the windscreen glass out to do the bulkhead VIN, so I bet those were factory done.
Mine was attached to the back of the windshield frame using self-tapping screws which were installed through holes crudely drilled in the bulkhead. The dash top of course would have to come out, but its almost as if they forgot to install the tag and had to do it later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECR
Quote:
I like food
WTF?
A non-sequitur response to Phillip's non-sequitur response.

Old October 1st, 2009, 01:52 PM
ECR
East Coast Rover Co.
Just Defenders, nothing else.
D-90 Source Vendor

Quote:
Mine was attached to the back of the windshield frame using self-tapping screws which were installed through holes crudely drilled in the bulkhead. The dash top of course would have to come out, but its almost as if they forgot to install the tag and had to do it later.
That would mean someone had been in there.
They are normally installed with 2x 78248 rivets in all the 110s I have worked on (but then again with NAS 110s you never know what you'll find as they were not "assembly line" vehicles.

I do not check PMs. Call or email if you need something.

ECR is not a parts source. We are not in the mail order business.
Old October 1st, 2009, 02:05 PM
JimC
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team

Registry
I'm think my truck was built with whatever was sitting around. There is some dumb stuff like stock fog lights being installed with some wierdo harness and a couple other things. The main thing was the incredible number of aluminum door shims used all over the truck as spacers. Some extras were even laying around under the carpet.

Old October 1st, 2009, 06:31 PM
surf110
Ze
130 Project

Mine had a ton of those spacers as well.
Old October 1st, 2009, 06:35 PM
evilfij
evilfij
I have never seen a rover in person

Quote:
Originally Posted by surf110
Mine had a ton of those spacers as well.
Normal.

I probably pulled 20 out of the first shell at least.
Old October 1st, 2009, 06:54 PM
smob
Steve
'97 Arles Blue SW #2131

Registry
Quote:

A non-sequitur response to Phillip's non-sequitur response.

I laughed for about 90 seconds at the food comment
Old October 1st, 2009, 07:16 PM
mpsteil
Michael Steil
NAS 110#23,97 ST#665

My vin tag is kind of hacked in there also. It should make my vin swap oops I mean resto less stressful when I refurbish my bulkhead, frame, body and motor
Quote:
Old October 2nd, 2009, 03:16 AM
Stmpede
Andrew Najarian
'93 NAS D110 #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMOB
I laughed for about 90 seconds at the food comment
Me too! What was he trying to say?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
110, nas, nas 110