Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old April 11th, 2014, 11:42 PM
mpsteil
Michael Steil
NAS 110#23,97 ST#665

Nas 110

Hi all,

been a long time since I have been on the D-90 Source. I hope it is still like it was and almost troll free.

Question for the masses. How is the NAS 110 market these days? Have one sitting in my garage that I have not touched in years and it might be time to let it go. Condition is not bad as rust is not a problem but it does need some attention.

Not looking for offers at this point so please do not waste your time or mine unless you are willing to pay more than you should.Just trying to get a feel of how the market is doing now that people are bringing in so many imports these days. I do not have to sell! Those of you have been around long enough all know I know the game as well or better than you do.

Thanks for your thoughts/opinions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 11th, 2014, 11:54 PM
rd10014
Ronnie
1993 NAS D110

Registry
Market depends on supply/demand and most important condition. Elaborating on condition will enable us to answer your question fairly.
Old April 12th, 2014, 12:33 AM
JQ11
JQ
97 Black ST - SOLD

Registry
Agree 110 market is better than it was a few years ago. With no details on your 110 (miles, rust, condition, repaints, accidents, attention needed, etc) no clue how to value yours in particular. Can range from $30-100k if perfect ultra low miles - with no info I'll say $45k as a pure guess based on it needing attention but again no clue without info on the vehicle in question.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 12th, 2014, 12:46 AM
mpsteil
Michael Steil
NAS 110#23,97 ST#665

Thanks for the replies. Was more looking to see how the market in general was doing knowing the importers are bringing these things in like crazy.

Just a quick description of the vehicle:

Always lived in CA Bay Area. Doors, frame and cowl are rust free. Some of the body cappings have rust but the vehicle is very solid. Converted to auto by previous owner. Have about 30k of receipts from PO who always had it serviced by either LR or WCB. It has only been driven once in two years and when I fired it up last week there was a tick coming from the motor. Drivers window is gone as my son nailed it with a BB gun a ways back. It has been garaged for most of the time I owned it but the PO who used it as a daily driver always parked it under a tree and that is why I think the rear body cappings rusted. Think there is 149k on the odometer. I have owned several of the NAS 110's and this the best one I have seen in person. Does need love though. Have not washed it since about 2010.
Old April 12th, 2014, 08:55 AM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
As most of us concluded years ago, the imports have really done little to affect the NAS market.

Looks like you had it listed for around $42k a few years ago with the package deal. With 150k miles, condition really unknown, with maintenance deferred during your ownership, $42k is still probably a good place to begin.

http://www.defendersource.com/forum/...ad.php?t=23678
Old April 12th, 2014, 09:15 AM
Reese_D90
Reese
97 D90 ST and 93 D110

Registry
It seems like NAS prices have inched up over the last year or so. Clearly when the economy is stronger so is the demand. Is it just me or does it seem like its much harder now to find good condition 90s for less that $35k? I don't know if people are getting it but $40k+, five years ago was only seen at Copley.

However, I tend to agree with Josh that trucks that need work get a different buyer that is more realistic about the additional money that will need to be put into the truck.

At the end of the day, list it for what you want, even if it's a bit high, with a full disclosure and a bunch of pictures and you may get it. I think on the limited number of true NAS 110s, there are more buyers than sellers.
NAS 1993 D110 CDN #11/25
1997 D90 ST #1953
2006 Range Rover
1997 D90 SW #701 (sold)
1995 D90 ST (sold)
Old April 12th, 2014, 10:46 AM
mpsteil
Michael Steil
NAS 110#23,97 ST#665

You scare the hell out of me JoshI forgot I had even tried to sell back then. Have you officially read ever post there ever was on this site? Does Barry still give you crap all the time?

All, thanks for the input. I have not been following the Defender market for some time so your input is great. The only problem is now I feel the fever coming back after spending some time on the site.
Old April 12th, 2014, 11:02 AM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpsteil View Post
You scare the hell out of me JoshI forgot I had even tried to sell back then. Have you officially read ever post there ever was on this site? Does Barry still give you crap all the time? All, thanks for the input. I have not been following the Defender market for some time so your input is great. The only problem is now I feel the fever coming back after spending some time on the site.
Sadly, Barry doesn't come on here much anymore after he lost his truck to an oil cooler line fire after attempting to keep it as original as possible.
Old April 12th, 2014, 12:17 PM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

Sadly Horsey is right. After losing my 110 to a massive fire because I refused to change the oil as it might hurt the originality of my truck I stopped coming here. Now I spend my time blogging about how to properly restore a land rover using after market parts only.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
110, nas, nas 110