NAS 110 #478 Spotted - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old May 19th, 2016, 02:13 PM
phoenix37
john
97 D90 ST / 1957 S1 109/ 1983 LS110

Registry
good possibility its not a legit ad...the guy isn't responding to anyone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 19th, 2016, 03:04 PM
d90boy
keith humphreys
aka: Mr Fancy Pants

Registry
its already sold, dont bother calling anymore. =)

kidding.
Old May 19th, 2016, 03:33 PM
Avahdani
Nushi
NONE

I know this truck well. Anyone interested pm me and I may still have some detail pictures. Rust alert
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 19th, 2016, 04:23 PM
kurtisblo
Kurt
1991 Defender 110, LHD 200TDI

Registry
I spoke with the guy. If you are interested you should text him. He is selling it for his uncle who wants to get out. Claims to be the second owner. Sounds unsophisticated and needs to unload it. Said there is def some rust on bulkhead and footwells. Shocker
Old May 19th, 2016, 04:29 PM
Avahdani
Nushi
NONE

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2461560281.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	582.0 KB
ID:	149890
Old May 19th, 2016, 04:30 PM
Avahdani
Nushi
NONE

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-655366693.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	560.6 KB
ID:	149891
Old May 19th, 2016, 04:41 PM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

Any other pics?
Old May 19th, 2016, 08:14 PM
rijosho
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes

Registry
Barry did you call tony yet? Pretty sure he's the uncle...
Old May 19th, 2016, 08:34 PM
bjf
barry f
94 ST #395

Was planning to see it this weekend but based on pics that were sent not sure I want to. Bulkhead is garbage.
Old August 31st, 2016, 10:24 PM
rijosho
Joshua

Registry
$100k now and sort of looks like crap if I'm going to be honest (minor stuff, but still...).

I love all of the "If it were mine, I would" bullshit from the dealer who bought it.

Land Rover: Defender 110

So I have been doing this for a long time. This is the 2nd time I have ever come across a 1993 Defender 110 NAS. And the first one I had was a consignment, so that doesn't really count. I bought this Defender from the previous owner in Beverly Hills, Ca. He had it for about 11 years and just used it around town. The first day he got the 110 he dropped it off at Absolute Rover in Los Angeles, Ca and had them convert the 110 to an automatic transmission. The model of the transmission is 4 HP-22 by ZF. The same transmission in the 97 D90's. So you can actually enjoy driving this 110. The original manual tranny in this was a bear to drive. At the time it cost him $6K and today it would probably cost closer to $10K to have it done. He never used it off road, and he kept it in his warehouse. The exterior body and undercarriage is in great shape. The paint is dull in some spots and the color varies from panel to panel. If it were mine, I would strip it down, have it repainted Alpine white, powder coat the iron pieces, brush guard, rear bumper and roof basket. I would also repaint the rims to match as well. Tires are cracking so put some new rubber on her as well. The interior I would fix the driver seat cushion, pull the headliner, clean it up and re-adhere it. It is sagging in some areas. We had her inspected and we did a fresh oil service, and A/C service. She is blowing ice cold. She has the usual leaks, t-case, power steering hose, etc. We took some pictures of known areas where water collects and it actually looks pretty good. Only minor rust spots. Under the passenger seat we found a gem. The original tool kit and it has not even been touched. The gloves are brand new and the electrical tape hasn't been touched. Amazing. This Defender is about $5K-$10K away from being an amazing Defender 110. If you would like us to restore it for you, please contact/text us today at 949-874-0315. We offer financing up to 120 months and leasing up to 60 months.
Old August 31st, 2016, 10:35 PM
mgreenspan
Matthew Greenspan
Land Rovers

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by rijosho View Post
$100k now and sort of looks like crap if I'm going to be honest (minor stuff, but still...).

I love all of the "If it were mine, I would" bullshit from the dealer who bought it.

Land Rover: Defender 110

So I have been doing this for a long time. This is the 2nd time I have ever come across a 1993 Defender 110 NAS. And the first one I had was a consignment, so that doesn't really count. I bought this Defender from the previous owner in Beverly Hills, Ca. He had it for about 11 years and just used it around town. The first day he got the 110 he dropped it off at Absolute Rover in Los Angeles, Ca and had them convert the 110 to an automatic transmission. The model of the transmission is 4 HP-22 by ZF. The same transmission in the 97 D90's. So you can actually enjoy driving this 110. The original manual tranny in this was a bear to drive. At the time it cost him $6K and today it would probably cost closer to $10K to have it done. He never used it off road, and he kept it in his warehouse. The exterior body and undercarriage is in great shape. The paint is dull in some spots and the color varies from panel to panel. If it were mine, I would strip it down, have it repainted Alpine white, powder coat the iron pieces, brush guard, rear bumper and roof basket. I would also repaint the rims to match as well. Tires are cracking so put some new rubber on her as well. The interior I would fix the driver seat cushion, pull the headliner, clean it up and re-adhere it. It is sagging in some areas. We had her inspected and we did a fresh oil service, and A/C service. She is blowing ice cold. She has the usual leaks, t-case, power steering hose, etc. We took some pictures of known areas where water collects and it actually looks pretty good. Only minor rust spots. Under the passenger seat we found a gem. The original tool kit and it has not even been touched. The gloves are brand new and the electrical tape hasn't been touched. Amazing. This Defender is about $5K-$10K away from being an amazing Defender 110. If you would like us to restore it for you, please contact/text us today at 949-874-0315. We offer financing up to 120 months and leasing up to 60 months.
Charging $100k and they can't even replace the cracking tires? Do dealers get these things and just say to themselves, "Fuck it some idiot will pay extra for that patina."

And is a 10 year loan on a car a thing now? That's an aggressive mortgage length. WTF.

You little rebel, I like you.
Old September 1st, 2016, 06:29 AM
rijosho
Joshua

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgreenspan View Post
Charging $100k and they can't even replace the cracking tires? Do dealers get these things and just say to themselves, "Fuck it some idiot will pay extra for that patina."
Exactly one of my thoughts while reading the dude's bullshit last night. Did anyone notice the red LED driver bumper signal vs. the OEM passenger one, too? hahah

Old September 1st, 2016, 06:48 AM
Jymmiejamz
Jimmy
1995 D90 SW #365

Registry
The bumper lights kill me.
Old September 1st, 2016, 06:51 AM
1of40
1of40
NAS 97SW & 83 One Ten Tdi

Registry
I wonder if these are consigned dealer trucks? Seller's buy and drove them til the honeymoon is over and can't be bothered to fix them, let alone sell them.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old September 1st, 2016, 08:21 AM
Uncle Douglas
Doug Crowther
A defender in every driveway-motto
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
Pretty sure this is the one a fellow contacted me about last spring to do considerable work to. We didn't talk badge number so no way to be certain but it was an auto conversion. The stuff he wanted to do, and what it was going to cost, I found myself telling him to not make those mods to a NAS 110, just start with a row truck rather than 1 of 500. Guess he decided to sell

Dividing Creek Imports
Worldwide Land Rover Shipment and Importation Service
Bespoke Restoration & Modification work

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
110, nas, nas 110