Nantucket - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old July 30th, 2006, 10:54 PM
Bryan
Bryan
'94 D-90

Smile Nantucket

I just returned from vacation in Nantucket Mass. I have never seen more defenders in one place then that island. Most of then where stock but, there was a lot of cool nice looking rigs to look at. There was also a lot of 110ís and older series rigs. I saw a lot of really nice trucks and had a great time there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 31st, 2006, 08:44 AM
DaveG
David
97' Disco-I 300TDI

My wife and I go a couple times a year as well. It's funny to see so many in one small place. But then again any one place that has a seasonal population with that much money will always have the good toys! Most of the ones out there stay all year and if you get close you can see they are all suffering due to rust. Can't avoid it out there.
Old July 31st, 2006, 08:46 AM
rover4x4
Phillip
1995 SW #487/500

Registry
yeah and lots of rust
Advertisement

Old July 31st, 2006, 12:01 PM
cellulararrest
Chris Snyder
1994 D90 #614 | '07 L322 SC

I too was absolutely astonished to see so many when I visited. I saw three on one street! I usually only see maybe 1 a month if I'm lucky around here. Quite a shock.
Old July 31st, 2006, 12:32 PM
jordan0527
Jordan
97 D90 ST, 04 D2

I live in Los Angeles but see Nantucket Defenders all the time! Just check out copleymotorcars.com for some great pics.
Old July 31st, 2006, 02:02 PM
d901560
Brian B
94 ST

I went to Martha's Vineyard Mass last month and saw a bunch there too.
Old August 2nd, 2006, 12:39 PM
lobster
Rob Goodall
1995 D90

The Real Story About the Creation of Nanttucket

Once upon a time in the Kingdom of Heaven , God was missing for six days. Eventually Michael, the Archangel , found Him resting on the seventh day. He inquired of God, "Where have you been?"

God sighed a deep sigh of satisfaction and proudly pointed downward through the clouds. "Look, Michael, look what I've made."

Archangel Michael looked puzzled and said, "What is it?"

"It's a planet," replied God, "and I've put life on it. I'm going to call it Earth and it's going to be a great place of balance."

"Balance?" inquired Michael, still confused.

God explained, pointing to different parts of the earth, "For example, Europe will be a place of great opportunity and wealth, while Africa is going to be poor. The Middle East over there will be a hot spot."

God continued, pointing to different countries, "This one will be extremely hot and while this one will be very cold and covered with ice."

The Archangel , impressed by God's work, then pointed to a pork chop shaped land mass with an ocean surrounding it, and said, "What's that one?"

"Ah," said God, "that's Nantucket, Massachusetts - the most glorious place on earth. There are beautiful beaches, woods, ponds, and climate. The people who will live on Nantucket are going to be modest, intelligent, and humorous and they are going to be found traveling the world. They will be extremely sociable, hardworking,and high achieving people, and they will be known throughout the world as diplomats and carriers of peace."

Michael gasped in wonder and admiration, but then exclaimed, "What about balance, God? You said there would be balance! Everyone and everything seems so totally perfect in this place you call Nantucket."

God replied wisely, "Wait until you see the assholes I'm sending down there every summer.
Old August 2nd, 2006, 03:19 PM
cellulararrest
Chris Snyder
1994 D90 #614 | '07 L322 SC

=] sounds about right
Old August 5th, 2006, 06:32 AM
Maine 110
Ware/Jesse
Recovering 110 Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by lobster
God replied wisely, "Wait until you see the assholes I'm sending down there every summer.
My family had a place there and we spent alot of time there in the fall and winter for this very reason. It is also the reason we left the island in the late 90's. I've yet to step foot on the Island in at least 3 years now. Beutiful place, cool trucks, and really great local population.

JP

Recovering NAS 110 Owner.

There is a thin line beyond which you really can't fake...
Old August 24th, 2006, 09:04 PM
npistolakis
Nicholas Pistolakis

Just got back from Block Island, RI...lots of Defenders also...
Old August 26th, 2006, 12:54 PM
BOBCAT110
Ken Jagolta
94 d-90

Smile

WE BUILT A HOUSE THERE IN THE LATE 70'S AND MY PARENTS MOVED THERE PERMANENTLY ABOUT TEN YEARS AGO....THEY HAVE A DISCO AND A RANGE ROVER SPORT.SINCE YOU CAN DRIVE ON ALMOST ALL THE BEACHES AND THE SURF FISHING IS AWESOME,YA GOTTA HAVE A 4X4.......I KEPT MY CAMEL TROPHY DISCO THERE FOR A SHORT TIME,BUT DECIDED I DIDN'T WANT IT TO START RUSTING SO I BROUGHT IT BACK TO FLA....

ANYWAY,THE ROVER POPULATION HAS TO BE THE BIGGEST PER CAPITA OF ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD.....IT'S A PERFECT PLACE TO ENJOY A SERIES TRUCK OR DEFENDER...NO TRAFFIC LIGHTS AND A MAX SPEED LIMIT OF 45MPH....TOO BAD THE SALTY AIR MAKES EM RUST SO FAST.I AM GOING TO BE THERE FOR A WEEK 1ST OF OCTOBER{SCALLOP SEASON}....I'LL TRY TO TAKE SOME PICS OF SOME COOL OLDER ROVERSIF YOU GUYS WANT AND POST THEM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat