Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old March 10th, 2014, 05:06 PM
Iamkraig
Kraig
1987 defender 110

Registry
Nanocom Group Buy

Its time to get a Nanocom and as I have chatted with the folks at Blackbox Solutions, I realized if there are a few others who want to purchase together, it can be a savings for all of us.

With 5-10 units at one time, we can purchase for the price listed on the website shipped to your house in CONUS. (These will ship to me and then I will fed ex ground them out) essentially, free shipping.

With 10+ units at one time, it will save roughly another 10%.

We can mix an match units (i.e TD5, LR3, and GEMS P38 ect.)in the same order to get to the total.

take a look at the website store, switch the currency to USD (top right side)

https://blackbox-solutions.com/shop/

if anyone need other Nanocom parts or unlock codes, we can get them shipped with the order, but they are not eligible for the discount.

My plan is to place an order in the next few weeks. I will take a 50% deposit at the time of order and the other 50% when they are here (2-3 days from Cyprus DHL express) and I am shipping them out. Only benefit to me is the same discount you get for the one I want

Please PM me with your email and the Nanocom model #if you would like to get one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 10th, 2014, 05:17 PM
roverman2010
John
1985 LR 90 200Tdi

Registry
FYI,
I would check where these come from> UK probably not, Cyprus more likely. If indeed Cyprus expect up to 2 weeks shipping as that is how long it took mine, unless you expedite the order $$

Still looking for that place where I can carry a paddle and get asked what's that.

JnK Services
FC101 GS FFR
57 LR 88" SXF 858
85 LR90
95 D1 Tdi
05 D3 HSE
97 XK8 BRG FHC For Sale
Old March 10th, 2014, 05:24 PM
Iamkraig
Kraig
1987 defender 110

Registry
My bad, You are correct, its Cyprus. This includes DHL priority shipping from them, which I was told is 2-3 days. Original post edited to reflect this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 5th, 2014, 09:31 AM
MotoMando
Armando Centeno
1997 Defender 90 SW

Did anyone end up with a Nanocom? Can these devices unlock the GEMS ECU from 1997 D90?

-Armando
Old December 5th, 2014, 10:26 AM
Broncoduecer
peter
D90

When I got my maintainence reset thingy from them it was only a couple of days. And it was from Cyprus.
Old December 5th, 2014, 11:33 AM
RovingRyan
Ryan Phelps
84 LHD 110

Registry
Great product. Think it only took a week to get mine 5 years ago via dhl. Did come from cyprus. I would still have it if I still had my LR3 but sold it 2-2.5 years ago.
Old December 6th, 2014, 10:18 AM
jafir
Jafir Elkurd
Flaky Green 198something ex-mod 90

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoMando View Post
Did anyone end up with a Nanocom? Can these devices unlock the GEMS ECU from 1997 D90? -Armando
I don't believe so. The only GEMS support they show is for P38. I asked them about adding support for D1, since they already have all of the support for similar modules in other vehicles they do support and they said they'd rather spend development on supporting newer vehicles, which makes sense.
Old December 6th, 2014, 10:26 AM
navydevildoc
Neill Thornton
1984 D90 300 Tdi / 1965 Series IIA
Site Team

Registry
What do you mean by unlock? I have a BBS Faultmate with the '97 GEMS software, so I could take a look and see if it will do what you want.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old December 6th, 2014, 10:43 AM
MotoMando
Armando Centeno
1997 Defender 90 SW

navydevildoc,

With the BBS Faultmate, can you go into the market/system settings and disable the security system so it doesn't go into security engine disable? I want to replace the PROMs in my 97 D90 ECU. If that works, I'll be shopping for a BBS Faultmate. Which version of the Faultmate do you have?
Old December 6th, 2014, 10:46 AM
navydevildoc
Neill Thornton
Site Team

Registry
I have a faultmate MSV-2 Extreme. It's mainly for the LR3 and I have it in a pelican case that comes with me every time I hit the dirt in it. But I also licensed it for a 1997 NAS D90 for Josh's truck since we wrench a lot together and he can use it to work on issues.

I'll check here in a bit to see if the option is in there to unlock the ECU.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old December 6th, 2014, 10:51 AM
MotoMando
Armando Centeno
1997 Defender 90 SW

navydevildoc,

While you're in the Faultmate, can you check if you can switch from 4.0 to 4.6? Can you take note of the menu path to get to the security disable and engine capacity as well? I may just have to take the D90 to the stealership to get this done. The stealership T4/Tesbook may be different but I least I can tell them its in there somewhere. Thanks in advance.

BTW, I can't find that the Faultmate MSV-2 supports the 1997 D90 GEMS ECU. I'm glad you can verify.
Old December 6th, 2014, 10:57 AM
navydevildoc
Neill Thornton
Site Team

Registry
Yeah, Blackbox has a very bizarre way of pricing and bundling the software.

In the end, it's product code SM001 on their web site for the Lucas GEMS software module.

I'll take a look and let you know. If it wants to be hooked up to the truck to bring up the settings pages it will have to wait until I get over to Josh's to plug in to his D.

Old December 19th, 2014, 07:51 AM
MotoMando
Armando Centeno
1997 Defender 90 SW

Blackbox Solutions has a 20% off promo right now. Its good till 12/31. Use XMAS14 during order entry. Its on their homepage. Ordered my own Faultmate MVS-2 Extreme. They even threw in a free USB to serial dongle; now I have three.
Old December 19th, 2014, 08:08 PM
Jymmiejamz
Jimmy
1995 D90 SW #365

Registry
Do these come locked to one VIN? I seem to remember in the past that BBS only allowed you to use the tool on one vehicle.
Old December 19th, 2014, 08:10 PM
jafir
Jafir Elkurd
Flaky Green 198something ex-mod 90

Registry
Nanocom is based on model, so any lr3, etc.

Faultmate is per vin unless you spend like $10,000 or something.
Old December 19th, 2014, 09:06 PM
Iamkraig
Kraig
1987 defender 110

Registry
[QUOTE="Jymmiejamz;591595"]Do these come locked to one VIN? I seem to remember in the past that BBS only allowed you to use the tool on one vehicle.[QUOTE]

GAP has a new pro version blue tooth that does the full range of vehicles and no VIN lock. It's really cool for the vehicles it does and they are adding more.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat