Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old August 10th, 2005, 09:11 PM
Buckon37s
Buck
Re-Fendered 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKlandyandy
Cheers David, there 32's (235/85's) on 16" Mach 5's. Current vogue here in the UK is towards 35" Simex Extreme Treckers, might change onto them when cash available as there about $280 each. However a more practical choice would be Simex Jungle Treckers in 34*10.5/16 as they'll not foul on full articulation. Were just getting X-terrains and Micky T's here too now.

Here's a couple of pics of the Simex tyres....

Cheers,
Hey,

It's time for some 40's! I have a 1990 Military truck like yours. I see some of the same things I used to have. I know people gave you some crap on this board. If you want them to love you, bring a few sets of the portal axles I saw on your web site over in ready to drop in condition. Welcome to the board!

BTW: Drop-out cones suck.

BUCK Wild Racing
Driver: Me
Co-driver: Pat Quirk
Team 911

Rover Tracks
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PSC
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DJ Safety
West Coast Rovers
Reel Driveline
Made it further than half of the other guys, but the Hammers won.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 10th, 2005, 10:03 PM
Davis
Chris Davis
94 NAS D90 6.2LS

Andy,

Nice truck--it obviously took a great deal of work and time to do. Congrats! After all that work, what is next?

Good job.
Old August 11th, 2005, 08:16 AM
UKlandyandy
Andy
'86 exmil 90, 3.9efi auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckon37s
Hey,

It's time for some 40's! I have a 1990 Military truck like yours. I see some of the same things I used to have. I know people gave you some crap on this board. If you want them to love you, bring a few sets of the portal axles I saw on your web site over in ready to drop in condition. Welcome to the board!

BTW: Drop-out cones suck.
Funny that... there's a pair of C303 portals in my workshop now having a fitting kit designed for them. Pics on the G2F website once we get it in to a production state. Yep, cones are not ideal but there a solution to a problem. They work, reduce unsprung weight and are quite too... they don't 'boing' when the spring reseats. As I noted earlier, were working on new custom springs that will have a free length of +24" these should stay seated.

Cheers,

Follow-up Post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davis
Andy,

Nice truck--it obviously took a great deal of work and time to do. Congrats! After all that work, what is next?

Good job.
PORTALS.......

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 13th, 2005, 02:01 PM
Doug
Doug Walker
TVR5L-powered NAS D-110

Louver pix:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	louvers1.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	3552   Click image for larger version

Name:	louvers2.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	30.1 KB
ID:	3553  

Click image for larger version

Name:	louvers3.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	3554  
Old August 13th, 2005, 03:01 PM
NashvilleRedD90
Will Peters
'97 NAS D90 ST #1704 -4.6

Nice truck man. I like it.

Also about the Simex's they are not DOT approved in the US or Canada last time I checked. So there are like two people importing them for off road use only but you have to pay them and the tires may or may not get seized. And that kind of sucks when they are like $200 per tire plus $400 in shipping. But Interco Super Swampers are a good choice.

I wish BFG would make the Krawer in a 33"/34" size. I like it a lot more then the MT's. But I guess Nitto beat them to it with the Mud Grrappler. I am going to use that in the 33x11.50R16 size when my 32" MTR's are gone.

Old August 13th, 2005, 04:30 PM
cbass
Bradlee Duncan
'94 White and '95 Red D's

Nice pics doug, those are exactly what I wanted to see. If you don't mind me asking, how much did it run you for them to just punch them? (i.e. without the repainting costs)

BTW, uklandyandy, sorry to steer the thread in this direction, it was your hood holes that started the discussion though :D
Old August 13th, 2005, 10:17 PM
Doug
Doug Walker
TVR5L-powered NAS D-110

$100 for the punching. Eric Vaughn is the guy in Monrovia, CA that has the punch. He designed the layout included for the $100. You might be able to ship your hood to him -- he does a lot of chome wheel business for hot-rodders, and UPS was there loading/unloading.

DW
Old August 14th, 2005, 02:03 AM
cbass
Bradlee Duncan
'94 White and '95 Red D's

Thanks Doug,
I just noticed in your other post that you mentioned $100. I'll have to do some checking when I get closer to thinking about it. Right now it's still a good 3 or more months away before I'll even think about it.
Old August 14th, 2005, 03:02 PM
UKlandyandy
Andy
'86 exmil 90, 3.9efi auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashvilleRedD90
Nice truck man. I like it.

Also about the Simex's they are not DOT approved in the US or Canada last time I checked. So there are like two people importing them for off road use only but you have to pay them and the tires may or may not get seized. And that kind of sucks when they are like $200 per tire plus $400 in shipping. But Interco Super Swampers are a good choice.

I wish BFG would make the Krawer in a 33"/34" size. I like it a lot more then the MT's. But I guess Nitto beat them to it with the Mud Grrappler. I am going to use that in the 33x11.50R16 size when my 32" MTR's are gone.
Hi,

Thanks for that info... will save an expensive swap later. Have had a look at the Nitto tyres but we can't get them here so an thinking of getting some of the BFG MT's in 255/85x16. There the closest in size to what I want. Anyone think of other optins that are available in the UK.

Cheers,

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat