Moving to San Francisco: Advice - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Join the Defender Source Community Today

Old April 12th, 2012, 03:06 PM
Paul / Boultbee
1994 D-90, Green #1576
Moving to San Francisco: Advice

Anyone here care to share advice on living in the greater San Fran area. Got a family member who is looking at a job somewhere between San Jose and San Fran airport. I think its near Foster City. In the first stage of looking so info on the school districts -Middle schools, High schools is helpful as is anything on traffic issues, etc is appreciated.

I'm contemplating thinking about thinking about it!
Old April 12th, 2012, 05:09 PM
'97 D90
Went to Herbert Hoover Elementry School in Stockton and lived in San Jose back in the late 60's, so my opinion is probably worth as much flower power as you can muster. Great area is the San Joaquin Valley generally. Can't go wrong really! My very best wishes to your Family, Paul. If there are children involved, they'll absolutely love it! v

Old April 12th, 2012, 07:19 PM
97 SW
I've got clients I visit in San Mateo and it seems like a nice place to live. Convenient straight shot to get to SFO but far enough away from the traffic and pious Prius mentatlity of the SF and Marin County elitists.
Old April 12th, 2012, 09:36 PM
Jason Zolezzi
85 200tdi 110
If you have to live in the Peninsula San Carlos or Los Gatos are probably the top picks, if you want to be a bit south of San Jose, Morgan Hill is a nice, quiet, friendly place(besides the recent kidnapping there) If you can handle a minor commute Marin is the place to be, it's like living in a bubble. I have lived in various places around the bay and always come home to Marin. Yes there are snobby jerks here but in general it is very laid back, quiet, happy and crime free. Also, there are very good schools here. If you have any questions about other areas around here PM me and I will give you my phone number.
Old April 13th, 2012, 04:27 AM
Jim Cheney
NAS 110 #145
Site Team
Are you affiliated with the govt at all? There is newly built housing on Moffett Federal Airfield.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat