Mountain Biking - Page 2 - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #21  
Old March 25th, 2010, 12:11 PM
cdkarp
Status: Offline
Chris
1999 Discovery I
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Broadview Heights, OH
Posts: 10
TREK Fuel 100
Marin singlespeed
Dawes Cyclocross
TREK 5200
Bridgestone BUB
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #22  
Old March 25th, 2010, 12:14 PM
madcowdungbeetle
Status: Offline
Carter
1994 D90 on 37s supreme balla style
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 1,359
Registry
My cannondale was stolen so im currently rebuilding. Picked up a specialized p3 frame and some parts last night.
__________________
<
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
>
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old March 25th, 2010, 12:43 PM
bharris's Avatar
bharris
Status: Offline
Brad Harris
1994 d90 300tdi "Nola"
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 955
Looks like nobody has a stable over 6 (does that make me the winner?)

Of course I have plans for at least 2 more... a single speed mountain bike (obviously hardtail) and a TT bike: that'd bring me to 8 so I would really be the winner then right???

throw in the 110 I'll eventually be getting and that second motorcycle I've been wanting and that'd be 5 motorized vehicles and 8 bikes...

I need a barn...
__________________
"well... we're not building a piano"
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #24  
Old March 25th, 2010, 01:10 PM
don's Avatar
don
Status: Online
Don Bunnell
'86 110 3dr ST
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Rumson, NJ
Posts: 4,272
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by ini88 View Post
That is sweet! You ride that around NJ? I need to get some pics up of my Brooklyn Park bike.
You do need to get some BMW p0rn up! I had a Park Bike years ago that was fun and a Brooklyn cruiser before that. I'll find some pics of them when I get a chance. The Race Link and TMX I'd put up against that buggy for burliness. I think some folks on here would dig seeing it.

Yeah, I ride that USB all over. It's been out to Ray's, VT, MA, PA and various spots in NJ.

On my backyard setup:
At Ted's following by buddy John:
At some spot in NJ:

------ Follow up post added March 25th, 2010 01:12 PM ------

Quote:
Originally Posted by leastonce View Post

about to take the Turner to Blue Mountain for the rest of the day before the NY meetup.
mmmm, 2 Turners on a D90 thread? I had an RFX some years ago. Turner makes some very nice bikes. The DW link ones look slick.

------ Follow up post added March 25th, 2010 01:15 PM ------

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharris View Post
Looks like nobody has a stable over 6 (does that make me the winner?)

Of course I have plans for at least 2 more... a single speed mountain bike (obviously hardtail) and a TT bike: that'd bring me to 8 so I would really be the winner then right???

throw in the 110 I'll eventually be getting and that second motorcycle I've been wanting and that'd be 5 motorized vehicles and 8 bikes...

I need a barn...
I think I'm close and if you counted my kids bikes (which actually have as many work hours and money in some of them) then I might be ahead :D

To be honest - I would love to get the number down. Problem is I like to ride so many different types of terrain. While on a trail ride this morning, I was thinking replacing the GRUITR with a burlier freeride rig for Diablo and a 650B SS w/ a plush fork for local trails and some drops/jumps...
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old March 25th, 2010, 01:53 PM
bharris's Avatar
bharris
Status: Offline
Brad Harris
1994 d90 300tdi "Nola"
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 955
Quote:
Originally Posted by don View Post

I think I'm close and if you counted my kids bikes (which actually have as many work hours and money in some of them) then I might be ahead :D

To be honest - I would love to get the number down. Problem is I like to ride so many different types of terrain. While on a trail ride this morning, I was thinking replacing the GRUITR with a burlier freeride rig for Diablo and a 650B SS w/ a plush fork for local trails and some drops/jumps...
Don't get me started on bikes for the kids and wife... that's a whole new post

I re-asses mine regularly and just can't let any of them go... it's not like any of them never get ridden (okay the urban fixie hasn't been ridden lately but I need to see where I end up living before I'm willing to give it up... it's just WAY too nice to have in the city (maybe I'll take it to the office as a quickly get somewhere bike...))

My garage doesn't have any room for cars...
__________________
"well... we're not building a piano"
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old March 25th, 2010, 02:00 PM
chrisvonc's Avatar
chrisvonc
Status: Offline
Chris von C
No Defender at this time
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Va
Posts: 4,135
Quote:
Originally Posted by don View Post
This is a little pump track I have behind my garage:
http://bankbikes.com/pics/Backyard_01.jpg
http://bankbikes.com/pics/Backyard_02.jpg
Quote:
Originally Posted by don View Post
On my backyard setup:
Thats pretty kick ass.. I just sent those links to my brother who has been making his own track in his back yard. I'm sure he'll dig that.

What helmet cam are you using. I've been looking into getting one for doing odd angles while wheeling
__________________
Chris von C

Please email one of the current MODs if you need assistance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lriwater: As you know, most wives don't like Series trucks due to the ride and lack of creature comforts. Girlfriends seem to like those, but some sort of magic happens during the wedding ceremony.
[/size]
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old March 25th, 2010, 02:31 PM
bjf's Avatar
bjf
Status: Offline
barry f
94 ST #395
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: los angeles
Posts: 10,969
I want to drive my hornet on that track
__________________
Quote:
Are there shocks that I can addjust up and down like my friends LX460? That would be very cool!
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old March 25th, 2010, 02:42 PM
ini88's Avatar
ini88
Status: Offline
Daniel Marcello
Alloy+Grit Creative Director
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Queens, NY
Posts: 2,816
Don you have a pump track!? I am coming over.
__________________
1955 Series I
1975 FC101 Vampire
1994 Defender 90 #916
1967 Lancia Fulvia
1974 Alfa Romeo GTV
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old March 25th, 2010, 03:03 PM
WhiteD90's Avatar
WhiteD90
Status: Offline
Johnathan Tisdale
93 110, 90 RockRR buggy
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: USA
Posts: 816
Road: Cannodale Six13 team edition full campy
MTB 26: Turner Flux
MTB 29: Gary Fisher Superfly (raced Leadville 100 on it last year)
Fixie: SE Lager
Cyclocross: Ellsworth Roots
Single Speed: Cannondale F9 converted
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old March 25th, 2010, 03:32 PM
don's Avatar
don
Status: Online
Don Bunnell
'86 110 3dr ST
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Rumson, NJ
Posts: 4,272
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by bharris View Post
Don't get me started on bikes for the kids and wife... that's a whole new post

I re-asses mine regularly and just can't let any of them go... it's not like any of them never get ridden (okay the urban fixie hasn't been ridden lately but I need to see where I end up living before I'm willing to give it up... it's just WAY too nice to have in the city (maybe I'll take it to the office as a quickly get somewhere bike...))

My garage doesn't have any room for cars...
Haha, I would have just counted the kids bikes that I stripped to bare frame and rebuilt with some better parts. Funny thing is they'd be happy with stocker bikes for the most part. They do like to add there own stuff like grips and seats in a certain color.

I totally agree. My Kona doesn't have many hours on it - but it's great to have when I need to ride on the road. The Rhygin was a wedding present so that will never go but will have parts changed on and off of it.

I distribute the bikes between the garage and storage room in the house - there are tools in both so I can work on them in both although grinding and paint stripping needs to be done in the garage.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old March 25th, 2010, 03:37 PM
rijosho's Avatar
rijosho
Status: Offline
Joshua
1995 Black ST - Rhinolined edition
Research Assistant/Eagle Eyes
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 16,557
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteD90 View Post
Road: Cannodale Six13 team edition full campy
Nice.

Team replica?
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old March 25th, 2010, 03:42 PM
don's Avatar
don
Status: Online
Don Bunnell
'86 110 3dr ST
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Rumson, NJ
Posts: 4,272
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisvonc View Post
Thats pretty kick ass.. I just sent those links to my brother who has been making his own track in his back yard. I'm sure he'll dig that.

What helmet cam are you using. I've been looking into getting one for doing odd angles while wheeling
Cool - I can get a link or 2 for your brother on some sites that have some great builders with ideas and pics. It's great just to hop on the bike and get some laps in.

The helmet cam is a GoPro non-HD. I have to say it's pretty slick. I want to get one of the HD joints probably another GoPro but maybe a VholdR. The only downside is with the wide angle you have to follow someone right on their back wheel to get good footage. That one vid when I was training my buddy John, I was close and it doesn't even look it in the clip. The GoPro is pretty durable - I dropped it from a chair lift last year onto some rocks the 2nd day with it.

------ Follow up post added March 25th, 2010 03:43 PM ------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ini88 View Post
Don you have a pump track!? I am coming over.
Sure - bring the Park bike - it's pretty tight!

------ Follow up post added March 25th, 2010 03:45 PM ------

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteD90 View Post
Road: Cannodale Six13 team edition full campy
MTB 26: Turner Flux
MTB 29: Gary Fisher Superfly (raced Leadville 100 on it last year)
Fixie: SE Lager
Cyclocross: Ellsworth Roots
Single Speed: Cannondale F9 converted
Nice lineup. Big props on doing the Leadville 100 - I've heard it's a burly race. Most I have ever done was the VT 50 miler and that was years ago before kids and it beat the shit out of me the few times I've done it.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old March 25th, 2010, 04:05 PM
maxwell
Status: Offline
David M Nichols
2013 LR4
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Alexandria, VA
Posts: 50
Some nice rides on here....what a shock.

Just ordered last week...

Yeti ASR5 Carbon
Fox 120 front
Sram X0 shifters/brakes
King Headset/BB
thompson carbon post/stem
DT Swiss 1750 wheels
XTR crank
Selle Italia Gel

should be here just in time for mud season.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old March 25th, 2010, 04:22 PM
bjf's Avatar
bjf
Status: Offline
barry f
94 ST #395
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: los angeles
Posts: 10,969
Flux is a nice bike. Which rear triangle?
__________________
Quote:
Are there shocks that I can addjust up and down like my friends LX460? That would be very cool!
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old March 25th, 2010, 10:42 PM
WhiteD90's Avatar
WhiteD90
Status: Offline
Johnathan Tisdale
93 110, 90 RockRR buggy
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: USA
Posts: 816
Quote:
Originally Posted by rijosho View Post
Nice.

Team replica?
lampre caffita...yes replica I only wish I rode for C'Dale...or any pro level team

------ Follow up post added March 25th, 2010 10:49 PM ------

Quote:
Originally Posted by don View Post
Nice lineup. Big props on doing the Leadville 100 - I've heard it's a burly race. Most I have ever done was the VT 50 miler and that was years ago before kids and it beat the shit out of me the few times I've done it.
definately hard, especially after 23 months of chemo.

------ Follow up post added March 25th, 2010 10:50 PM ------

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjf View Post
Flux is a nice bike. Which rear triangle?
Horst link version circa 2004...one of my all time favorite bikes ever.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old March 25th, 2010, 11:24 PM
don's Avatar
don
Status: Online
Don Bunnell
'86 110 3dr ST
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Rumson, NJ
Posts: 4,272
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteD90 View Post
definately hard, especially after 23 months of chemo.
That is fucking hardcore. Even bigger props for that huge feat. :


Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteD90 View Post
Horst link version circa 2004...one of my all time favorite bikes ever.
The RFX I had was Horst link - definitely a good design. DT makes some good stuff.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old March 30th, 2010, 06:18 PM
Seanh
Status: Offline
Sean Hanagan
94 D90 ST #910 Matilda
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Edwards, Colorado
Posts: 179
Road:
Giant carbon/D-ace
Merckx Corsa Extra SS/Fix

Mountain:
Maverick ML8/XTR
SC Blur LT/XT
Cherry Bicycles Cherry Bomb SS

BMX:
Some Mongoose pro model that I can't recal
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old March 30th, 2010, 07:12 PM
EWR's Avatar
EWR
Status: Offline
Carey
1954 CJ-3B
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Maine
Posts: 558
Eastern Woods Research #7 original woods frame
Full XTR and stuff

DeRosa.. black
Full Campy
__________________
What tree?
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old March 30th, 2010, 07:47 PM
waveridin1959's Avatar
waveridin1959
Status: Offline
Brian Jones
1995 D-90 ST #2892
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 1,132
Registry
Older Trek 7000 with Rockshox. Its about to get a tune up and new brakes

Sun Beachcruiser. Even have the cup holder. Must have at the beach.
__________________
1995 Defender ST
1996 Discovery SE7
2008 LR3 HSE - Wife's


“Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together… mass hysteria!”
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old March 30th, 2010, 08:00 PM
bharris's Avatar
bharris
Status: Offline
Brad Harris
1994 d90 300tdi "Nola"
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 955
Quote:
Originally Posted by EWR View Post
DeRosa.. black
Full Campy
Mmmm... love the DeRosa... never met one that didn't make me smile
__________________
"well... we're not building a piano"
Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Tags
mount

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Off Topic sorry, Mountain biking question merlin8ty Misc. Chit-Chat 38 March 24th, 2010 06:47 PM
2003 Rocky Mountain Switch Ltd Mountain Bike EnduroPro For Sale - Parts 1 March 15th, 2006 09:45 AM
Potts mountain, Craig Co., VA Roverhound Trips, Trails and Events 6 February 17th, 2005 09:16 PM
Crystal Mountain - Colorado USA chrisvonc Trip & Trail Reports 0 June 19th, 2004 08:13 AM
OTR - Savoy Mountain State Forest - Massachusetts USA chrisvonc Trip & Trail Reports 0 June 18th, 2004 02:49 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:06 PM.


Copyright