Mother's Day - Defender Source
Defender Source  

Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat

Old May 11th, 2014, 11:12 AM
cbfritz_03
Carmen
none

Mother's Day

Today I was woken by our kitten Tiger licking my face and then my (too rapidly growing) son jumping into my bed to give me a kiss and wish me a Happy Mother’s Day. The past 11 years of motherhood have been filled with much joy. Mother’s Day to me is a celebration of my child and a day to reflect on our journey together.

The football, soccer and scouts..stitches and fevers..homework and packed lunches..birthday parties and Easter egg hunts. The philosophical discussions in topics varying from religion, war, poverty, bullies and honesty. Listening to his ‘take’ on relationships and girls...gasp! 'Did we win Vietnam?'.. 'Who invented the first cell phone?'..'What do you think the landscape of our world will look like in the future?'..'Do you think if I go into this career I could support a family and how many years of college do you think?'...Lol All the years of ‘Why..?’ and ‘What if..?” The firsts in his life that I get to be a part of.

Hug em if you got em!

Cheers to all the mothers and to the best job in the world!

Happy Mother’s Day!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1170087.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	94681  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 11th, 2014, 11:29 AM
solarguy
Abraham Bell
1985 Defender 110 Tithonus
D-90 Source Vendor

Registry
What a great perspective. That gives me a new outlook to today's holiday. Thank you.
Old May 11th, 2014, 12:42 PM
Rocky
Chris
72 + D1 drivetrain

And mine chooses today to get some big that throws her under the bus.
She's in bed sick!
Goodies will have to wait

I don't know about the brakes, only their unreliability.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 11th, 2014, 01:06 PM
don
Don Bunnell
'86 110 3dr ST

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbfritz_03 View Post
Cheers to all the mothers and to the best job in the world! Happy Mother’s Day!
Agree - and to the wife's that have to deal with that 1 extra big kid and their broken down, muddy and oily British toys.

Happy Mothers Day!
Old May 11th, 2014, 01:23 PM
cbfritz_03
Carmen
none

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarguy View Post
What a great perspective. That gives me a new outlook to today's holiday. Thank you.
You are welcome. Being a mom is like having a lifetime of bitter sweet. The best but scariest day of your life is giving birth. Scariest because he is no longer under your constant protection in your belly but the best because he is finally here. As he grows up and encounters the same trials we all do, you have to fight the urge to protect too much. He let me know a couple of years back lol.. I received a clutch of pretty carnations and a hand made card from him on Friday. As he handed them to me he says, "I took $8 dollars from my wallet ..do you like them?" I save all of his letters and cards. In part it read, ‘I love you because you are like no other…I will love you till I hit the ground...and no matter where I go you will always be in my heart’. Ugh!.. Once again the bitter sweet. I’m happy because he feels this way about me and thinks of his future in a positive way, but at the same time..augh! (Someone please remove the dagger from my heart) But I get to be a part of all those firsts too. I am sure being a dad is the same..just different

Happy Hug a Mom Day!
Old May 11th, 2014, 02:13 PM
cbfritz_03
Carmen
none

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
And mine chooses today to get some big that throws her under the bus.
She's in bed sick!
Goodies will have to wait
That's too bad.. hope she gets better soon. We walked to the coffee house down the road and had coffee/hot chocolate and blueberry scone/bear claw this morning. I am going to drill out the rivets that are holding the 1/4 in thick of diamond plate that is in the tub...just glad it's not welded in. My son is taking me out for dinner...
Old May 10th, 2015, 09:41 PM
cbfritz_03
Carmen
none

Bump for Mother's Day

Could not let the day go by without giving props to the Moms. My sisters of the hood... motherhood that is. For the women who give of themselves and ask nothing in return, bring home the bacon and fry it up in a pan... you know who you are. Happy Mother's Day ladies!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	indianblankets.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	183.5 KB
ID:	120369  
Old May 10th, 2015, 10:24 PM
rovertrader
Dale
Tithonus 110, D-90, 109 S/T 5-door

Carmen, always like reading your post, but this thread especially!! You sound like an awesome Mom- Happy Mothers Day!!
I am fortunate to have had a wonderful Mom and even to say 'Ossie and Harriet' childhood. And then married to a super Mom as well- it makes all the difference!!
Cheers, and hope your day was fantastic!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old May 10th, 2015, 11:56 PM
cbfritz_03
Carmen
none

Thank you Dale. I do my best and cheers to the ladies in your life... It seems as if they have a wonderful son, husband and father to be grateful for as well. I received the special cards from the girls and ladies in my life wishing me a Happy Mother's Day and my favorite and cherished hand made one from my son. I always love to read what he writes. This year... 'Mom I love you with all my heart and I always will...I will always love you from the very, very top of my heart.' and on the opposite side he writes...'Hi Mom, it's me from the future, if you are reading this I am right beside you watching you read this...' He is something and my everything.

He has always been a military history buff. Right now he is wanting me to find a reenactment for him to participate in and we are going thru a French Revolution phase... 'Yes honey, I'm listening please tell me more about Napoleon...' ...and of course in Mom mode be thinking 'hmmm...will he continue this path and grow to be a history professor maybe?' Lol I love him.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Defender Source > Non-Technical Discussions > Misc. Chit-Chat